First experience at Tesla dealership drove away unsuccessful and very turned off

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Denver Service Center, place was packed with year end deliveries...just wanted to look at a model 3, maybe sit in it before I ordered one...had the bug and wanted to dive in the deep end before the truck comes out....I drove 1 hour 15 minutes to get there.

In any event, there's 1 parking spot and I pull half way in before a sales/service person stops me from completing my parking job....looks at my truck and asks me "can I help you" in the crappiest tone/voice I've ever heard. I said yes, I'd like to look at a model 3...to which she said she only has customer cars and it's illegal for me to see one...I said can I look at the outside of one and she said no go to the mall show room, another 25min away....or she could have just let me park and look at the 50 of them sitting in all the spots waiting for delivery...so I backed up and went home.

I'm not articulating it well, I'm pretty chill/low maintenance. I dont know if she thought my 2500HD was destroying the earth, if she was stressed out because it's end of year or what, but it was piss poor customer service, and I wasn't ready for it, wasn't cool.

It happens, one event doesnt define the brand, I'll get over it but it threw me for a loop and expected better...guess I'll let year end calm down and try again at the mall show room.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Before you go, schedule a test drive. You’ll love it.
https://www.tesla.com/drive?zip_code=80206
that's the thing, didnt even need to drive it, just wanted to look at it...im sold on the model 3 performance, except maybe the exterior design, and I did want to see how physically big the car was...sure it drives fine, 3.2sec is pretty quick (for reference my 1290 Super Duke does it in 2.5sec and anywhere near that's good for me....dont really want a "car", i'm here because I want the truck, but waiting 2-3 years isn't my thing so figured this would be a good stop gap for the time being.....but apparently an appointment is best so thank you.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Aren't there plenty in parking lots everywhere? Just look around a shopping mall. you might find one.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If you just want to see them then go to Plugshare and find the nearest SC. In a metropolitan area you should find plenty of Teslas there. You mighteven find a driver more than pleased to tell you about his car.

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Dont see very many in Fort Collins, co...not that it's not possible, but figured going to a Tesla store is easier than driving around looking for a Tesla...call me crazy...if I see one I will do so...maybe I'll go to the super charger 1 mile from my house.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Denver Service Center, place was packed with year end deliveries...just wanted to look at a model 3, maybe sit in it before I ordered one...had the bug and wanted to dive in the deep end before the truck comes out....I drove 1 hour 15 minutes to get there.

In any event, there's 1 parking spot and I pull half way in before a sales/service person stops me from completing my parking job....looks at my truck and asks me "can I help you" in the crappiest tone/voice I've ever heard. I said yes, I'd like to look at a model 3...to which she said she only has customer cars and it's illegal for me to see one...I said can I look at the outside of one and she said no go to the mall show room, another 25min away....or she could have just let me park and look at the 50 of them sitting in all the spots waiting for delivery...so I backed up and went home.

I'm not articulating it well, I'm pretty chill/low maintenance. I dont know if she thought my 2500HD was destroying the earth, if she was stressed out because it's end of year or what, but it was piss poor customer service, and I wasn't ready for it, wasn't cool.

It happens, one event doesnt define the brand, I'll get over it but it threw me for a loop and expected better...guess I'll let year end calm down and try again at the mall show room.
When we went to get our M3 at the service center in Fremont they were very minimalistic and about delivery and really nothing else. On the other hand, there is a showroom much closer to our house and you can play all you want in the cars and they even let me take an MX out for half an hour all by myself. So as unfortunate as it was for you I think you just chose the wrong place. About the woman’s attitude, that is unfortunate and maybe they were super busy and she was stressed out. Not trying to explain it away but I’ve been there. You ‘will’ like the car.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Dont see very many in Fort Collins, co...not that it's not possible, but figured going to a Tesla store is easier than driving around looking for a Tesla...call me crazy...if I see one I will do so...maybe I'll go to the super charger 1 mile from my house.
That’s a great idea. I have talked with people about Tesla’s in parking lots a lot over the past couple of years and they have always been happy to chat with me for a couple of minutes. The supercharging people might be in more of a rush, I have only been to one a couple times because we have a charger at home But some people wait and I am sure they would be nice. The show/order center is the best. I was just visiting family in Littleton at I saw a showroom near my sister’s house. I know that FC is beyond the airport but I don’t know how far.

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ok, found one that someone cancelled, take delivery today (at the same location that pissed me off, lol)....hopefully a better experience....at least I get the full Colorado and Federal rebate since it's before Jan 1 - it's a $2875 difference before/after Jan 1...free money is free money

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Congratulations on getting your model 3

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Congratulations on getting your model 3
thank you! Car is pretty awesome....but getting snow tomorrow and it's on summer performance tires so wont get a good first drive for a bit!

TeslaFanS13

First Name
Tam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Model 3 Owner
Country flag
Yes! Congrats on your new 3! I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad customer service experience at Tesla. My experience to date has been very positive which is the opposite of most of the other car dealers I've dealt with in the past. I certainly hope they will make that first impression up to you with the exceptional customer service you deserve, especially now as an owner. Thanks for giving Tesla another chance!

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm glad for you, but for all people I'll give a little tidbit.
I chose to take a class in college based on the teacher, not the curriculum. I also bet on jockeys not horses.
I learned one of the greatest life lessons the first day.
She asked us what made someone, us, anyone happy with the experience they were having or had had. (She was doing that line of "education" that Socrates is known for, where the instructor believes the students know the answers, they just needed to be directed to discover that they do.
Eventually "we" got it.
Happiness is experienced when our expectations are met or exceeded.
I use my experience in Vacation Bible School 55 years ago...
I was poor. For lunch I'd get a peanut butter sandwich and milk. The first day of VBS we had peanut butter and JELLY sandwiches and KOOL-AID! yeah, yeah YEAH! and a cookie! I thought god was good. This was more than I expected.
The lil asshat next to me was not a happy camper. He wanted something more. He was used to having his crust cut off his sandwich, and a coke... and ice cream. he didn't get what he expected. he was not happy.
We both were given the same thing. I was over the moon, he was not. The only difference was our expectation going in. It was no fault of the ladies that made the sandwiches for god. I try to keep my expectations low, and be happy.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
So happy for you at the end, but re-think about your experience.
If you want to buy another F-250, do you go to a store or to a service center?
Maybe the tone was wrong, but the answer was correct.

Enjoy your car!!!
Sponsored