MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Is there a silver lining for those that wont see their truck produced for 3-4 years after delivery actually starts (so 2027-2028)?

surely there will be battery improvements but what about the motors? Cameras? X factor item?

since the entire truck is still just speculative at this point I thought it would be fun to speculate on what could get better
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I have not been around for a while. Decided to pop in and see what is going on. 27-28 will be most likely just bug fixes but 35-45 you may get the mars edition CT with compact nuclear fusion reactor instead of the battery pack.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
It seems like the king dorito is rolling off the line with an amalgamation of all the refreshes and updates from other models, as well as HW4, which is a massive change.

There will probably be a refresh down the line, but I doubt it'll be 2 years after launch like the mY.

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
It seems like the king dorito is rolling off the line with an amalgamation of all the refreshes and updates from other models, as well as HW4, which is a massive change.

There will probably be a refresh down the line, but I doubt it'll be 2 years after launch like the mY.
King dorito is pretty hilarious 🍻

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If history is an indication they will start with changes within the first year and do continual updates after that as they come online. Major refreshes happen every few years but that won't stop Tesla from making incremental changes. I suspect (200% conjecture) that the motors will stay the same unless they change the fleet and that seems unlikely when the performance and efficiency is already so good. A couple areas that will probably see tweaking are suspension, battery cooling, and hvac. They will clearly have a lot of tweaking to do on the software: for steering, towing, and offroading in particular since the truck is an entirely new realm for Tesla.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just for comparison. My Model Y was delivered 20 months ago. During that time they updated the suspension completely, built a version with a structural pack, replaced the computer, replaced the front end with a unified component, added a 4680 version (faster charging if nothing else)… soon they will have hardware 4 and likely another new computer to support that. FSD has gone from being a giant nothing burger to an interesting driving companion (though IMO still not worth the money at this point).

That’s less than 2 years.

Any Tesla you buy is going to be better than the Tesla which shipped a year prior. A 4 year difference will be significant.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Just for comparison. My Model Y was delivered 20 months ago. During that time they updated the suspension completely, built a version with a structural pack, replaced the computer, replaced the front end with a unified component, added a 4680 version (faster charging if nothing else)… soon they will have hardware 4 and likely another new computer to support that. FSD has gone from being a giant nothing burger to an interesting driving companion (though IMO still not worth the money at this point).

Any Tesla you buy is going to be better than the Tesla which shipped a year prior. A 4 year difference will be significant.
Most people will not understand how Tesla builds vehicles and will think that things move very slowly over many years when, in fact, Tesla is super agile and makes changes continuously. There can be changes to Tesla vehicles in one month's time.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cracks me up, on TMC there are people who try to micro-manage which version of the car they get.

”If I take delivery this week I think I can still get a car USS but has the new suspension!”

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
the 2028 model will be the first year they delete the BAW and replace with lasers. Also, with the continued exponential growth in sales, Tesla will trend toward smaller batteries. The 2028 CT will have 300 and 390 mile versions only.

If you can wait for the 2029 version, you will see that deployable autonomous done scout as an optional extra for $7,500.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

They also got the auto dimming mirrors a month after I got mine delivered along with other updates. That was about 27 months ago when I got mine?

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
Is there a silver lining for those that wont see their truck produced for 3-4 years after delivery actually starts (so 2027-2028)?

surely there will be battery improvements but what about the motors? Cameras? X factor item?

since the entire truck is still just speculative at this point I thought it would be fun to speculate on what could get better
The perpetual Osborne effect will always persist. Carpe diem! is my perspective.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The perpetual Osborne effect will always persist. Carpe diem! is my perspective.

We could take a Delorean , drive into the future, then purchase a CT with Time Travelling enabled, and bring it back to now.
Sponsored