firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
------------
Tesla Cybertruck First (Private) Imported Cybertruck in Europe (Germany) 1712682512275-ml

Tesla Cybertruck First (Private) Imported Cybertruck in Europe (Germany) 1712682557821-1o

Tesla Cybertruck First (Private) Imported Cybertruck in Europe (Germany) 1712682611099-iq

Apr 8, 2024
----- google translated to English ----
Today was a busy but unforgettable day! Yesterday the Cybertruck was still in California. Today in Germany. The first import in Europe. Absolutely sick.
I had goosebumps a lot today. Time was limited as the CT is now going further abroad, but I captured a few scenes for you. Video coming tomorrow morning. Thanks to Toni and the guys behind the scenes. A dream came true today.

Today was a busy but unforgettable day! Yesterday the Cybertruck was still in California. Today in Germany. The first import in Europe. Absolutely sick.
I had goosebumps a lot today. Time was limited as the CT is now going further abroad, but I captured a few scenes for you. Video coming tomorrow morning. Thanks to Toni and the guys behind the scenes. A dream came true today.

----- original German ----
Heute war ein anstrengender, aber unvergesslicher Tag! Gestern stand der Cybertruck noch in Kalifornien. Heute in Deutschland. Der erste Import in Europa. Absolut krank.
Hatte heute öfters Gänsehaut. Die Zeit war begrenzt, da der CT jetzt weiter ins Ausland geht, aber ich habe ein paar Szenen für euch eingefangen. Video kommt morgen früh. Danke an Toni und die Jungs hinter den Kulissen. Ein Traum ist heute in Erfüllung gegangen.
https://www.youtube.com/@EFIEBER/community

------------

THE 1ST (PRIVATE) IMPORTED TESLA CYBERTRUCK IN EUROPE! | EFIEBER
I have goosebumps. In this video I introduce you to the first import Cybertruck on European soil!
Apr 9, 2024
EFIEBER

------

------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Have you registered it in Germany yet? It will be interesting if Tesla allows it to be.

What about maps and Superchargers? Are they appearing?

I'm assuming that you won't be able to use 3-phase charging. What about Superchargers?

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Have you registered it in Germany yet? It will be interesting if Tesla allows it to be.

I'm assuming that you won't be able to use 3-phase charging. What about Superchargers?
Considering to get it there he had to buy it in the aftermarket and get it there, I don't think he is worried about Superchargers :)

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
Will it even be legal in Europe? I’ve imported some of my trucks there and whenever I drive them in Europe I always get shit from the local police.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Will it even be legal in Europe? I’ve imported some of my trucks there and whenever I drive them in Europe I always get shit from the local police.
From what I have heard and read, you have to get a certificate of import from the manufacturer to move a vehicle across country borders. I know that this is required just to move a Tesla car into Canada.

And tags do tend to be important.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
"... Time was limited as the CT is now going further abroad>'

Middle East is my guess.

whodathought33

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I'm watching this closely, I'm from the UK but am living in TN for the next 2 ½ years. Had a day 2 order from the UK but Tesla have said they won't honour or transfer it to the US. However, as luck would have it - I'm now eligible for the supposed Shareholder "early delivery offer" (we all know how that's going) if Tesla recognise my shares through a UK brokerage. If successful, I do have an ambition to get it back to the UK in ~2026, noting it'll be LHD. My main questions, which Tesla haven't offered an answer to yet:
  1. Will software updates still come through if not in NortH America?
  2. Will I be able to use superchargers in the UK/EU?
  3. Will FSD work when it's eventually enabled in Europe?
  4. Servicing (already know the answer to this)
As for the import and road legal questions, there is a process to follow, but I'm working with a company who has previously successfully imported at least 1 x F150 Lightning to the UK! The main modification is the lights! I'm expecting to have to purchase a few giga wipers as well to keep me going!

Anyone else considering an import to the EU?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
From what I have heard and read, you have to get a certificate of import from the manufacturer to move a vehicle across country borders. I know that this is required just to move a Tesla car into Canada.

And tags do tend to be important.
This varies wildly by country.

1. Will software updates still come through if not in NortH America?
  2. Will I be able to use superchargers in the UK/EU?
  3. Will FSD work when it's eventually enabled in Europe?
  4. Servicing (already know the answer to this)
  1. The internet doesn't care, but it probably doesn't get cell coverage in Germany. It'll probably need WiFi.
  2. Superchargers use CCS2 there, so no.
  3. Autopilot isn't even enabled in Germany, so...
  4. Tesla doesn't generally service vehicles outside their region.
-Crissa

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
If you are driving in Europe with a US plate, then you get asked if you have registered it as a temporary import (e.g. T-1). Maximum timeframe applies.
And if you have a valid US drivers license, Visa, etc.

This is mostly to secure the import taxes (10% plus local VAT).

btw. it is not so easy to drive a non EU registered car with a german drivers license, in Germany.

But on the bright side: They have a big problem to mail the speeding tikets to your US adress. LOL

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
If you are driving in Europe with a US plate, then you get asked if you have registered it as a temporary import (e.g. T-1). Maximum timeframe applies.
And if you have a valid US drivers license, Visa, etc.

This is mostly to secure the import taxes (10% plus local VAT).

btw. it is not so easy to drive a non EU registered car with a german drivers license, in Germany.

But on the bright side: They have a big problem to mail the speeding tikets to your US adress. LOL
LOL trust me man I know, I have a dual citizenship and all my cars in Europe have US plates. Much cheaper route and easier to deal with if you accumulate a lot of speeding tickets; I think you know what I’m getting at. 😉

Stitch

First Name
Steig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 118 BMW Z4
Occupation
Designer
Country flag

So many questions, to be answered, regarding charging, OTA, Tesla guarantees, insurance, and registration.
Im currently living in the US and have placed a reservation (week after first presentation back in 2019) My plan is to own the vehicle for at least 1 year in the States, which would allow for the vehicle to be exported to my home country without any registration issues (household goods), however the US 110V/US 240V systems in the vehicle are concerning can these be swapped out to European standards.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
So many questions, to be answered, regarding charging, OTA, Tesla guarantees, insurance, and registration.
Im currently living in the US and have placed a reservation (week after first presentation back in 2019) My plan is to own the vehicle for at least 1 year in the States, which would allow for the vehicle to be exported to my home country without any registration issues (household goods), however the US 110V/US 240V systems in the vehicle are concerning can these be swapped out to European standards.
AFAIK, the charging systems are somewhat voltage agnostic, but European power is often 3 phase, not US single phase.
And the road charging in the EU is mostly CCS2, not compatible with CCS1.

Sure, Tesla may be able to change some of the parts out, but that means that they have and want to change to parts out. Since the charge port on the Cybertruck is unique, that may be an issue.
I think that the EU models have three inverters, the US only 2.

And there's always issues in countries that Tesla doesn't have offices in. Those owners have all sorts of issues.
And if you need a repair. Well......
Sponsored