cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Just completed my first service appointment at Tesla Miramar for items I found at delivery.

1. They replaced my tailgate light.
- The issue was a small crack found in the glass.

IMG_5394.jpeg

2. Stains on rocker panels.
- Their detail team couldn’t remove them so they ordered new rocker panels that should arrive in about week. Appointment already pending once new rocker panels arrive.

IMG_5543.jpeg

***chatted with the service rep that deals solely with cybertrucks and he said they have delivered about 12 CTs since they started doing deliveries
Sponsored

Synchronicity786

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
All these reports of cosmetic issues at delivery seem unacceptable to me. Ive never heard of any other car dealerships handing out imperfect new cars. Kinda worried. One guy in CA posted saying he had them buff out a scratch and remove rail dust before he took it home. Seems smart to make them address any issues before take home, lest Tesla takes advantage of our eagerness to get the CT and ignore issues.

future_yas

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
All these reports of cosmetic issues at delivery seem unacceptable to me. Ive never heard of any other car dealerships handing out imperfect new cars. Kinda worried. One guy in CA posted saying he had them buff out a scratch and remove rail dust before he took it home. Seems smart to make them address any issues before take home, lest Tesla takes advantage of our eagerness to get the CT and ignore issues.
New to Tesla?

Synchronicity786

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Oh there will definitely be some worse than this
So what do long time Tesla owners think about this? Everyone I know who has a Tesla loves them, but it seems like they don't give a s about customers if they're so careless with deliveries, no? Not trolling, I ordered a CT.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
With a dealership, you are a customer of the dealership, not the manufacturer. Most times, you are selecting from their inventory that they have already inspected after it arrived.

Does this mean you will find less faults through a dealership? generally yes. and you get the benefit of playing that fun game of 'how close to a fair price can I get' where you try to guess what they will sell the car for and then argue to try to reach that point. Maybe you get close to what they are willing to sell it for, maybe you paid thousands more than the previous person who got the exact same, and maybe it's a new, highly demanded model and you get to pay 10k on top of MSRP. Don't forget that dealership maintenance schedule that they will call you multiple times after you've told them to stop calling to remind you that you are overdue for service you don't need.

Probably obvious that I don't like dealerships. It's a benefit to have a moreso inspected vehicle, but that comes at a cost.

I'm personally okay with inspecting it myself, like OP has done, and having the issues resolved at a later date. Depending where you live, it's even possible they'll come to you and do the service in your driveway.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tesla is just different that other car mfgs. CT is new, they'll learn (how to transport w/o rust spots, etc) but they won't hold until perfect - eg software features, etc. Delivery inspection varies somewhat by delivery location, so do a good inspection upon delivery and have them take note, it'll get fixed! It's not preferred for sure, never had a single issue with EU Cars we've had, but it is what it is and I'm a fan overall based off of my M3P experience (mine delivered with a misaligned back door that scraped interior (to door) paint off - got it fixed, great car! If I have a perfect ICE Truck or a CT with a few post delivery fixes - I'll take the Tesla! :cool:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not happy to see simple cosmetic faults get as far as the handover.

The Model Y was initially plagued by build/panel gap issues, now the tables have turned. Once the CT production line settles and the outside is clean, these growing pains will/should disappear.

Tesla is a tech company doing cars, they are sending out things not quite 100% yet, with the view of upgrading to a better version later on. Like any business, traditional carmakers can screw up, but unlike Tesla, I don't think they would purposely send out a Version 1.

Par for the course for Tesla.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
New to buying new cars? A certain percentage will always have damage or small defects needing repair. The difference with Tesla is that most of them don't sit on a lot waiting for a buyer to come along. That is when dealerships typically address these kind of minor issues (although it's not all that uncommon for them have cars on the lot that are found to need some warranty attention).

Tesla hires outside contractors to ship new cars by rail, truck and ship so it's not uncommon for them to leave the factory in "new" condition and arrive with damage requiring new parts to make new again. Tesla knows when your new truck is scheduled to arrive at a delivery center, they don't know about any undiscovered damage they may have incurred along the way until it arrives and is detailed.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
And I have never bought a car that didn’t have cosmetic issues (except Tesla). But I agree that it is unacceptable. I would expect more of it with first-run vehicles made at a factory that is still more mud than concrete. I would still order if invited but just saying…this was expected.
Sponsored