Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No. The stockholders will be last to be able to order FS.
I think that I missed some of the context of your comment, but I am a stockholder and I plan to order an FS through the stockholder event. Oh, I get it; you think that after the stockholder event they will switch to regular sales. That is a reasonable guess, today, given that not a single invitation to order went out this past week. What if that was a fluke though, for example that all the people that send out invitations were busy validating stock for the stockholder event? I don't know. Also, if what Tesla said a couple months ago, that they would soon 'sell out' of the 2024 production, then the stockholder event cannot be the last hurrah for the FS.
Sponsored

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Pretty common knowledge that the Foundation Series takers are about done no matter how long far you go down the list the percentage will continue to dwindle. The days of renting the truck for 1000 or even 500 a day on Turo are gone and the tiktokers have already made all the videos there are to make.
Tesla looks desperate for cash offering the Foundation Series to hundreds of thousands and 99% not taking it, they are smarter than that and won't do it. Will be $79,999 CTs for sale soon and the flippers know it and are trying to limit losses.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Pretty common knowledge that the Foundation Series takers are about done no matter how long far you go down the list the percentage will continue to dwindle. The days of renting the truck for 1000 or even 500 a day on Turo are gone and the tiktokers have already made all the videos there are to make.
Tesla looks desperate for cash offering the Foundation Series to hundreds of thousands and 99% not taking it, they are smarter than that and won't do it. Will be $79,999 CTs for sale soon and the flippers know it and are trying to limit losses.
I don't know what to make of this comment.

It is certain that 'eventually' Tesla will stop selling the FS and switch over to non-FS sales. Most everyone is surprised it hasn't happened yet. I am personally surprised that there are so many YouTubers making CT videos. I have only watched a handful. I don't know anything about the CT rental situation except what has been posted here on the CTOC and I do not know exactly how rental rates of regular cars are determined but when that algorithm is applied to the CT I would agree that it will eventually get there.

I do not think that Tesla is desperate for cash. Not for the CT and not in any other case. That claim is a fiction. I do agree that Tesla has offered the FS to RNs up to around RN11298 (from 11274) and that is nearly 250,000 RNs but no one knows what the percentage of those RNs were invited nor what the percentage of the invitations were converted to orders. It is probably pretty low but where did you come up with 1%? I do not think it has anything to do with how smart a person is, and I wonder what your definition of 'smart' even is; definitely not the same as mine. I do not give a flying F*$^ about what flippers think. I'd love to see them all boiled in oil, along with anyone that bought a CT from them.

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Don't think anyone's heart is bleeding for the flippers who bough trucks for 110k and now are trying to sell them for 125 and break even after fees and taxes

Keith4two

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Looks like the days of $200k cybertrucks are over and the flippers out there who bought trucks may be sitting on a loss.
Tesla has solved the flipper problem by letting it run wild and burn itself out. Bad news for resale value for owners but most won't sell for a year anyway and by then the price will be in the 80s
Quick search across various vehicle sites shows hundreds of CTs for sale
2534645884353302024.png
You have to register your vehicle, used or new, with Tesla. I am sure most people know there is a 1 year no resale clause. Why would someone buy one with the possibility of getting on Tesla’s bad side. I am sure after a year and more exposure nationwide, there wil be a renewed interest in the more exclusive CT’s. Like the Cyberbeast with the Foundation Series. Just my opinion…

BESTNJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
Financial Compliance
Country flag
First of all, I have no problem seeing flippers are getting flipped out of money here. At the end of the days, they are not playing by the equal rules here.

There are a few things I want to point out, purely constructive criticism here, nothing personal:

1. FS takers are NOT 100% suckers! Please don't forget, FS does come with actual valuable features such as (FSD - $12k, Upgraded wheels ‐ $4k, Lifetime premium connectivity - $1.2k, all accessories - $1k, Home Powershare capability - $2k estimate, White Decor - $500) - right around $20k of advertised MSRP. Sure, most people probably don't want the entire bundle, and may want to pick and choose what they want. Yes, FSD is currently not activated yet, please stop saying that as your "argument".

2. Assuming Tesla is start selling the non-FS CT at $79,990, that will be a "bare bond" version. Any additional accessory or feature is extra cost, unlike the FS, all available options are loaded, even the "lifetime" connectivity. One potential perk is, the $7,500 federal tax credit. Let's be realistic, can anyone guarantee that the federal tax will be here next year, or the year after? I hope so, but it can be changed swiftly without much notice.

3. I personally don't think Tesla will be cutting price on the CT anytime soon.

4. Tesla can always increase the price, although unlikely, nobody know what they will do.

5. If a person (without any prior reservation) wants to buy a CT today or sometimes NEXT year, that person has 2 options; a. Wait in line; b. Buy it from the secondary market. For option "b", it will operated in a true "supply and demand" model. People will consider vehicles mile, condition, availability of unit on the market, features on the newest CT and a 1 year old CT (legally can resell).

6. I can't forsee Tesla will drastically improve the features or design of the CT within the next 365 days.

In summary, I bought a CT for pure enjoyment. Sure, depends on my circumstances, I may sell it 1 year later. This is not an investment opportunity for me, but I don't see myself loosing big money if I end up selling it next year. I can't say for 3 years later tho.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that I missed some of the context of your comment, but I am a stockholder and I plan to order an FS through the stockholder event. Oh, I get it; you think that after the stockholder event they will switch to regular sales. That is a reasonable guess, today, given that not a single invitation to order went out this past week. What if that was a fluke though, for example that all the people that send out invitations were busy validating stock for the stockholder event? I don't know. Also, if what Tesla said a couple months ago, that they would soon 'sell out' of the 2024 production, then the stockholder event cannot be the last hurrah for the FS.
I just think there’s a good chance that with the production rate up and the end of the quarter the stockholder orders may be the end of the FS trucks being offered.

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast delivered: May 9, 2024
Country flag
I just think there’s a good chance that with the production rate up and the end of the quarter the stockholder orders may be the end of the FS trucks being offered.
But Tesla will not have finished delivering all the FS it has paid ($1k) non-refundalble orders for. The tri-motor FS was originally set to be delivered end of 2024, and only a very small portion have been delivered early. They have a long way to go to complete the FS that they too non-refundable deposits for,

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Will be $79,999 CTs for sale soon and the flippers know it and are trying to limit losses.
it’s an increasingly bold assumption that Tesla is above changing the non-FS pricing once that occurs

I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
it’s an increasingly bold assumption that Tesla is above changing the non-FS pricing once that occurs

I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’
They could price the CT at $500k a vehicle if they wanted, but to much competition and if the CT does not sell out for the next 3 years it will be considered a "failure" that and it would fly in the face of "affordable EV truck" which has been the cornerstone of the project.

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
First of all, I have no problem seeing flippers are getting flipped out of money here. At the end of the days, they are not playing by the equal rules here.

There are a few things I want to point out, purely constructive criticism here, nothing personal:

1. FS takers are NOT 100% suckers! Please don't forget, FS does come with actual valuable features such as (FSD - $12k, Upgraded wheels ‐ $4k, Lifetime premium connectivity - $1.2k, all accessories - $1k, Home Powershare capability - $2k estimate, White Decor - $500) - right around $20k of advertised MSRP. Sure, most people probably don't want the entire bundle, and may want to pick and choose what they want. Yes, FSD is currently not activated yet, please stop saying that as your "argument".

2. Assuming Tesla is start selling the non-FS CT at $79,990, that will be a "bare bond" version. Any additional accessory or feature is extra cost, unlike the FS, all available options are loaded, even the "lifetime" connectivity. One potential perk is, the $7,500 federal tax credit. Let's be realistic, can anyone guarantee that the federal tax will be here next year, or the year after? I hope so, but it can be changed swiftly without much notice.

4. Tesla can always increase the price, although unlikely, nobody know what they will do.

5. If a person (without any prior reservation) wants to buy a CT today or sometimes NEXT year, that person has 2 options; a. Wait in line; b. Buy it from the secondary market. For option "b", it will operated in a true "supply and demand" model. People will consider vehicles mile, condition, availability of unit on the market, features on the newest CT and a 1 year old CT (legally can resell).

6. I can't forsee Tesla will drastically improve the features or design of the CT within the next 365 days.

In summary, I bought a CT for pure enjoyment. Sure, depends on my circumstances, I may sell it 1 year later. This is not an investment opportunity for me, but I don't see myself loosing big money if I end up selling it next year. I can't say for 3 years later tho.
My crystal ball is not as good as yours is but in 24hours the price of trucks has dropped another 10k or so and there are 4 more listed on cargurus alone. That to me does not signal prices going up.

Tesla Cybertruck Flippers are done! 150+ Cybertruck for-sale listings 43523467545345412024

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
If you order the truck today AWD and CB what do we estimate is the delivery date?
FS skipped original line but many didn't go for FS.
So lets say Tesla end FS at some point then line returns to first day orders.
Lets say to date they got 2M orders lets say many cancelled after price and range were announced. Lets just say 1M orders to date
Lets say they will make 250K trucks this year( very unlikely)
Am I right to say a person ordering today should get it at the end of next year or even later.
To me numbers seem plausible.
One caveat is on CT order page they list late 2024 if ordered now. I would assume they will prioritize new orders who accept FS over day 1 orders.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
Looks like the days of $200k cybertrucks are over and the flippers out there who bought trucks may be sitting on a loss.
Tesla has solved the flipper problem by letting it run wild and burn itself out. Bad news for resale value for owners but most won't sell for a year anyway and by then the price will be in the 80s
Quick search across various vehicle sites shows hundreds of CTs for sale
2534645884353302024.png
Not likely Cyberbeast FS to drop into the $80s... Not like any other tesla or vehicle so nobody knows.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag

Great post, my thoughts exactly. Also when rates come down in the next year or so tesla can raise prices because a lot more people might look to finance at low rates a new toy.... The 80k will be bare bones, I doubt they give a lot of the options the fs or cyberbeast gets.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
If you order the truck today AWD and CB what do we estimate is the delivery date?
FS skipped original line but many didn't go for FS.
So lets say Tesla end FS at some point then line returns to first day orders.
Lets say to date they got 2M orders lets say many cancelled after price and range were announced. Lets just say 1M orders to date
Lets say they will make 250K trucks this year( very unlikely)
Am I right to say a person ordering today should get it at the end of next year or even later.
To me numbers seem plausible.
One caveat is on CT order page they list late 2024 if ordered now. I would assume they will prioritize new orders who accept FS over day 1 orders.
I ordered a few days after the launch and just now got my reservation. So 250k or so have been emailed on average. there are millions and some think people that ordered later over 1 million might be more likely to buy it which could slow down how fast people get the email to buy... I bet its multiple years before anyone ordering today gets a chance to buy it.
Sponsored