Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Does anyone have access to the full application because i couldn't find it. As you all know, the USPTO will not issue a patent unless a demonstratable novelty is shown. Folding seats is not novel, nor anything on the wish list, so i need the text to see what they were trying to claim as novel in their design.
Tesla Cybertruck design patent hints at folding rear seats for more utility and fun (teslarati.com)
this is the article.

https://news.google.com/articles/CB...hdC1wYXRlbnQvYW1wLw?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
Sponsored

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The Chinese will steal your idea if not patented in America.✌
The Chinese will steal your patent if it isn't patented in CHINA. A patent only covers the country it is registered in. When you file a patent you have the option to file internationally a la carte ($$$) or buffet ($$$$$). BUT you have to also file in China, separately.

IF the idea is worth anything and has no international or chinese patent, it gets copied in China and sold internationally. Then it gets sold in the U.S. by an international distributor. When you complain and send a 'cease and desist' to the distributor they apologize and the inventory gets destroyed moved to another international distributor's warehouse--who's name happens to be only one letter different than the distributor you just contacted. . . Lather, rinse, repeat.

Internationally they try to control violations for U.S. patents (as we do for them) but it's a kind of "you should'a known better and filed internationally" situation.

Step 1: Look for Chinese patent.
Step 2: If none... Copy.

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? elonlookalike1

However, if you file in China the CEO who has a licensing agreement with you will probably get into a fist fight in the courthouse parking garage on trial day with the CEO who tried to copy your stuff. They're dead serious about their own patents and licenses because nobody wants to end up at a "business re-education camp".

Deleted member 3316

No

That would suck balls.

Its a truck bed capable of holding 3500 pounds of rock. You do not want that load on the back of your seats.
Yes if they were built like standard seats, that would be suboptimal, but I’m confident they could manage to make it strong enough.

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
With the addition of the roll up tonneau cover there probably wont be a pass thru rear seat...anything large will have to be mounted on a rack placed on the edge of the bed....

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-

this thread on Reddit seems to show some of the 4K footage with what could possibly be a pass through.
That's wrong. The headrests are visible because of the glass that sits on top of the wall that separates the bed and the cabin. The wall is still there, just not stainless steel but black like the rest of the bed.

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? d212

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
There are other trucks that the glass goes straight down like a big massive window.
I'm aware, but it's not what the reddit post was suggesting. He assumes the wall that separates the bed and cabin has been removed and the vault tonneau cover took its place.

"Looks like the seatbacks and headrests are right up against the vault? (vs the SS back wall we had previously)."

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
The top glass to go down as this being a passthrough for lumber and stock. Looks like maybe as wide as the bed.
Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 05_Deskto

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Don't get too excited. For those of you out there for which the CT will be you first truck, many trucks rear seats come forward...without a pass through to the bed.
I'm not saying there won't be a pass through, I'm just saying a rear folding seat does not confirm a pass through.
I've owned many a trucks but never noticed the seats go down only up.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Don't get too excited. For those of you out there for which the CT will be you first truck, many trucks rear seats come forward...without a pass through to the bed.
I'm not saying there won't be a pass through, I'm just saying a rear folding seat does not confirm a pass through.
This. Check out existing crew cab models of almost every brand on Autotrader before believing this is confirmation of a mid gate pass through.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do what all airlines do Seats, Consoles, Partitions, Toilets, Cooking, Carpets and all the rest of that junk is B.F.E. (buyer furnished equipment).
The Cybertruck is sold to end consumers, not a business that has resources for outfitting their purchased product. They provide the interiors that 90% of buyers will be happy with, the other 10% can yank them out and bolt in their own gear.

If it makes you feel better, they don't include the toilet or cooking gear, you have to provide that yourself.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I see a lot of comments from people who think 4x8 sheet goods won't fit in a 6 1/2' bed. It makes me think they've never owned a truck with a 6 1/2' bed. In fact, 8' pickup beds are in the minority and have been for many years. The most common bed size is a mid-sized bed of 6' or 6 1/2' and sheet goods are far easier to load in a mid-sized bed. That's because they need to be loaded all the way forward in case hard braking is required. It's a heck of a lot easier to load/unload 8' sheet goods when they end at the top edge of the dropped tailgate.

Even specialty sheet goods that are 10 feet long are not a problem in a mid-sized bed. Yes, you legally need to put a flag on longer products that extend past the end of the tailgate but that is a lot easier than loading all the way forward in an 8' bed.

No, you won't have to remove the rear seats to haul plywood, that's just silly.
Sponsored