For those who though that Foundation was really limited to 1000's units....here is your proof that its not....

panthar

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
I believe they will give chance to each and every reservation holder to buy foundation series, once done then they will revise price and start all over again.

OP
OP

evazquezcu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Silverado LT
Country flag
I believe they will give chance to each and every reservation holder to buy foundation series, once done then they will revise price and start all over again.
My RN is from 12/2019, if's that what they doing, considering the data we have, we are not going to see a regular configuration minimum until late 2026

panthar

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
My RN is from 12/2019, if's that what they doing, considering the data we have, we are not going to see a regular configuration minimum until late 2026
I believe you are right

Think abt it if it’s your company, you will do same. Extract more revenue for the company as much as possible

Jager

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model 3 LR AWD, Several Motorcycles
Country flag
I suspect the conversion rate of Foundation Series invites - low to begin with - will continue to decline as they move through the queue. I think it's a reasonable assumption that those who reserved very early - hours, days, and then weeks from the reveal - are both more attuned and more enthusiastic about Tesla products. Those who reserved later are likely not as keen to pay the Foundation premium.

My guess is that Tesla has a conversion rate that they consider acceptable. There's something of a PR downside once buyers become too scarce and the invites begin quickly galloping over great swathes of the queue searching for buyers.

That acceptable conversion rate is also affected by the production ramp. Unlike traditional car dealers, with their widespread dealer network, Tesla doesn't have the ability to store great quantities of unsold vehicles. Tesla needs a buyer as the vehicle is being built. So as the CT production ramp continues to accelerate, that will put additional pressure on maintaining an acceptable conversion rate.

The conversion rate on the regular CT's will be notably higher than on the Foundation Series. Tesla knows that... and will transition to regular production when they hit, or as they approach, whatever minimum Foundation Series conversion rate they consider acceptable.

It will be much earlier than 2026.

Congrats on the invite! I'm just a few weeks behind you (early January 2020, RN 11321...) and might very well see an invite soon. Alas, I shall pass and wait for a regular AWD.

Its4kito

First Name
Keit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It was introduced as a $40k truck, remember? Then it was $60k, $80k, $100k soft shuffle. Now it’s $100-110K? Just as Tesla started with a roaster then pivoted to the higher end passenger car, I would guess they will relay to the high-end of the truck market….eventually. I hope my 2013 BMW X3 lasts until that time.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
My place in line is 223,000+ and they sent me a foundation invite, but y'know what?
I'm out.
It's not a truck it's a toy. If you have cargo in that thing and hit the pedal, it's flying all over the place.

I have come to the conclusion that it's completely useless to me.
And you know what? When it first drove onto the stage, that was my initial reaction.
"They've built something completely useless."

RN113078435

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My place in line is 223,000+ and they sent me a foundation invite, but y'know what?
I'm out.
It's not a truck it's a toy. If you have cargo in that thing and hit the pedal, it's flying all over the place.

I have come to the conclusion that it's completely useless to me.
And you know what? When it first drove onto the stage, that was my initial reaction.
"They've built something completely useless."

RN113078435
Not what you think is. Chill mode is still like my full size SUV if you arevgental on the pedal. I never own any EV, this shit just blow your mind incredible machine.