Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That is the smaller battery with a range of about 238 miles. Already up to $82,022 with 6 days left for bidding. This really shows there are consumers for Electric Trucks. This will be interesting to see how desperate buyers are.
Come on Tesla, build the Cybertruck. There's money to be made. Especially when you put out a way better product, at a much more reasonable price (with a decent profit margin to boot)!!!!!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This really shows there are consumers for Electric Trucks.
Second that suggestion. Tesla should build Cybertrucks.

Further motion, Elon should auction on BAT Cybertruck serial number #00001 to highest bidder. Bring a trailer. You’ll haul your CT home from Austin TX.

Every penny after the MSRP should be directly donated. Charitable candidate partners are open for suggestion: What charity can do the most good to come from auctioning the very first Cybertruck?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
my guess is 130k :eek:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Second that suggestion. Tesla should build Cybertrucks.

Further motion, Elon should auction on BAT Cybertruck serial number #00001 to highest bidder. Bring a trailer. You’ll haul your CT home from Austin TX.

Every penny after the MSRP should be directly donated. Charitable candidate partners are open for suggestion: What charity can do the most good to come from auctioning the very first Cybertruck?
I am a charity....do I count.....hahahaha

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
That is the smaller battery with a range of about 238 miles. Already up to $82,022 with 6 days left for bidding. This really shows there are consumers for Electric Trucks. This will be interesting to see how desperate buyers are.
As of this morning, it shows what perhaps 6 people are willing to spend. To extend that willingness to purchase at that price over the population of potential buyers is a fallacy.

I'm sure there's someone out there who can and will pay double its cost. But that's not the market.

(Forgive me if I overreached on this. There has just been so much hyperbole lately in multiple threads regarding the pricing and the market demand that I had to push back.)

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
As of this morning, it shows what perhaps 6 people are willing to spend. To extend that willingness to purchase at that price over the population of potential buyers is a fallacy.

I'm sure there's someone out there who can and will pay double its cost. But that's not the market.

(Forgive me if I overreached on this. There has just been so much hyperbole lately in multiple threads regarding the pricing and the market demand that I had to push back.)
Concur. What 6, 600, 6000, or even 60k people are willing to pay, does not define the market when Ford sells nearly 1M F-series trucks annually.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Platinums have been regularly going for >$120K+

My Lariat ER has >1,000mi on it and a dealership would give me >105K for it tomorrow.

I expect those premiums will continue for the foreseeable future, since for the foreseeable future Ford will be barely scratching its demand and so a secondary premium market will remain.

Really, it’s possible that some degree of this premium remains for the duration of this Lightning’s run, which I understand will likely be very limited, once the all new 2025 BEV truck releases. In my view, Ford never intends to make many of this Lightning, and instead use it to be first to market and bridge into the 2025 all new platform.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dude charity case is not the same thing as being a charity... lol 🤣 🤪
well cant blame me for trying.....you know what they say " one is born everyday"....😂
Sponsored