Retired
Country flag
Last edited:

Luke42

Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Hybrid (2-Mode)
Country flag
Cramer is known for the loudness of his analyses, rather than quality.

The stocks he mentions on his show have transient price spikes, not for fundamental business reasons, but merely because he has a large audience.

The screaming heads on Cable TV "news" shows chased me away, and I haven't looked back.

Last edited:

Dawgfan

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicles
JL Jeep, Chevy S10, Infiniti Q60
Country flag
Jim Cramer doesn’t seem like a truck guy to me so doesn’t get how amazing the Cybertruck will be. Also Ford says they are limiting production the first year, but I doubt it ever gets much past limited production until Ford figures it out too late. They need to ramp up battery production and start making the engines and battery components in mass to be successful.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350, Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'd bet against it for one simple reason: batteries, they just don't have them.

Ford can't even scrape together enough to keep up with mach-e orders, even when they finally finish their plants there's going to be a staggering amount of Cybertrucks out there already. They may eventually numerically overwhelm Tesla, but it won't be for years at the very least and by then it's possible that the paradigm will have shifted away from "traditional looking" trucks.

As with all things in business, if you're not first, you're last. Sure, Rivian will have a truck out sometime this year, but it will be in extremely limited numbers and out of price range for most people, so odds are that the first EV truck people will see in most, of not all, instances will be a Tesla.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You are suggesting that Tesla will be able to ramp so much faster than Rivian that Rivian will be left at the blocks. Wonder about that. This isn't Tesla creating the X out of the S or the Y out of the 3 or the Plaid S out of the S. And all those took a while. The CT is a truck built in an entirely different way than any Tesla has ever done. I hope they get out of the gate sooner rather than later, of course, but I'm not so sure. Tesla does have a million pre-reservations true. Even discounting the "I ordered 10 and they will all be paid for by my robo taxi company" guys that's a lot of orders. Tesla is going to be bigger car company than Rivian for a long time.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Listen to the end. He says you can't get a Maverick, and he's trying to get one. Hmmm, you think pumping Ford on his show might help? Apparently he's willing to try.:p

Nothing to see here. Just the media doing media crap.

crimsonaudio

Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Land Cruiser, awaiting a CYBRTRK
Country flag
I would not be surprised one bit if Ford (long term) sells more Lightnings than Tesla does CTs. Many (most) people aren't comfortable with new, they want the same old, same old, which Ford offers in spades.

Does that equal Ford 'crushing' Telsa? Haha, no.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Most people are traditionalists, the CT doesn't really appeal to traditionalists.
Maybe not at first but now that we are moving to electric vehicles, what a traditional truck looks like can easily change. the two biggest features that stand out on a truck is the bed and the engine compartment that sticks out infront. Building a truck used to be just having those two things in mind, putting a cab high enough to see over the engine and then customizing it to make it look different from the competition.

Now the only thing that's going to really differentiate a truck is going to be a large vehicle with a bed. Most companies that are coming out with a electric truck are going with the large front to mimic their previous style, but that's now just giving you a larger frunk. The Cybertruck didn't put that massive frunk in and went for a more unique design. Personally, while I love the big frunk that Ford is offering with the Lightning, I would have prefered a smaller one with a 6.5' bed.

Companies like Ford who are releasing something similar to what their previous models look like will definitely win some people over who don't want to be driving around in the street legal UFO. But it looks like Tesla tried to make the CT as useful as possible and just built whatever the hell they wanted around that. I'll never question my decision to go with Tesla for a truck because even if I didn't love the design, you take away the pictures and just put the specs, features, sizes of bed, and other details next to eachother, I would choose the CT everytime.

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
F150 could absolutely crush CT ……

…….If CT’s body was made out of aluminum and F150 body was made out of steel. Oh, wait a minute …

I am just having fun here. Frankly, I do understand folks that want clicks and ratings using these terms; ”crush”, ‘decimate“, “destroy’,……. For me as a consumer, it really doesn’t matter if Ford sells 1 million F150 a year and Tesla 10,000 as long as I get 1 of the one that works for me. If I can get my CT, I would rather Ford sells a lot more F150s. Then I get to be a little more special (not in the sense of the kid that went to special Ed school).

Last edited:

Oakland_baby

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia, Chevy, cybertruck
Country flag
I am happy about the competition. Tesla likes being #1 and is probably still working on tweaks in response to the competition. The longer it takes, the more refined the Cybertruck will be. Just look at the new Model S Plaid, it seems to check a lot of #1 boxes. They will make sure the Cybertruck is the fastest, longest range, highest towing, etc. electric truck.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
F150 could absolutely crush CT ……

…….If CT’s body was made out of aluminum and F150 body was made out of steel. Oh, wait a minute …

I am just having fun here. Frankly, I do understand folks that want clicks and ratings using these terms; ”crush”, ‘decimate“, “destroy’,……. For me as a consumer, it really doesn’t matter if Ford sells 1 million F150 a year and Tesla 10,000 as long as I get 1 of the one that works for me. If I can get my CT, I would rather Ford sells a lot more F150s. Then I get to be a little more special (not in the sense of the kid that went to special Ed school).
Yep, anybody tries to crush a Cybertruck is in for a rude awakening! Especially with an aluminum can, like the F150.

Advertisement

Advertisement