Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Yesterday the first retail (INVITED) reservation holders were given access to the configurator to order their choice of lighting Electric trucks. Electrek has an article explaining some tricks Ford has in store for customers interested in THEIR Lighting.

Basically they have announced a $39,974 truck that is bare bones with 230 miles of range that they plan on only building a VERY limited amount of. And if you want your Lightning to have 300 miles range it will cost you a minimum of $74,000 for a bare bones XLT.

https://electrek.co/2022/01/04/ford-f150-lightning-online-configurator-price-battery/
Sponsored

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Ford's random declaration of producing 150,000 per year. OK.

Well, I guess it's more convincing than saying "Mmmmillions" twice when asked. They probably responded "You'll see...", when asked how and when they planned to do it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yesterday the first retail (INVITED) reservation holders were given access to the configurator to order their choice of lighting Electric trucks. Electrek has an article explaining some tricks Ford has in store for customers interested in THEIR Lighting.

Basically they have announced a $39,974 truck that is bare bones with 230 miles of range that they plan on only building a VERY limited amount of. And if you want your Lightning to have 300 miles range it will cost you a minimum of $74,000 for a bare bones XLT.

https://electrek.co/2022/01/04/ford-f150-lightning-online-configurator-price-battery/
$74,000 plus dealer markup.

GM's strategy here makes more sense. GM priced their trucks high enough where their dealer's won't have room to pull a bunch of goofy tricks.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag

Here’s XLT and lariat spec’d with minimal options.

Tesla Cybertruck Fords bag of tricks revealed 44B9B2BF-56CD-4133-B8FC-E88E6E5ACA5B

Tesla Cybertruck Fords bag of tricks revealed B09D9019-773B-4047-B1DA-8CFB4E4FF626

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
My blood reaches a nice simmer, low boil whenever I think about all the options I would have to finance. I'm not even buying a Ford and I still get cranky about it. The above example of a $52K vehicle with $20K of accessories and upgrades. Better be some explicit stuff in that upgrade bundle!

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
Funny I had made a reservation on a whim and not even remotely thinking I was going to purchase one. With these new details and doing the online configuration I was convinced no way am I getting one of these. I actually canceled my reservation and not even an hour later received a call from the dealer (I didn’t answer) about the this truck. It’s funny and I’m about to get a Ionic 5 to hold me over until Cybertruck.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Funny I had made a reservation on a whim and not even remotely thinking I was going to purchase one. With these new details and doing the online configuration I was convinced no way am I getting one of these. I actually canceled my reservation and not even an hour later received a call from the dealer (I didn’t answer) about the this truck. It’s funny and I’m about to get a Ionic 5 to hold me over until Cybertruck.
How much does the Ionic 5 go for and what is the range? I saw some good reviews for ride/drive and interior.

I did the same but have reservation for a MY-LR. Waiting for my MY so I can wait longer for my CT :).

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
How much does the Ionic 5 go for and what is the range? I saw some good reviews for ride/drive and interior.

I did the same but have reservation for a MY-LR. Waiting for my MY so I can wait longer for my CT :).
I'm curious about that too. Also I didn't think it was being shipped to the US yet. So I also wonder about availability. I'm fine on vehicles, and was somewhere around 30,000 in line for a Cybertruck (before they announced quad). Inquiring minds would like to know! :D

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Lots of us doing this.

I was lucky/ clever enough to pull the trigger on the MY with no wait and for $10k less though.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Lots of us doing this.

I was lucky/ clever enough to pull the trigger on the MY with no wait and for $10k less though.
I have a delivery time for June so I am in the awkward stage of waiting to see if there is any 4680 impacts to the model lineup that I may want to alter my reservation.

ThomasG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru Forester
Country flag

That's really not a bare bones XLT. It is pretty well equipped, better than an ICE base XLT. It looks pretty close to a $60k ICE XLT. That's about a 20% increase for EV vs ICE which is not far off what one pays for a Tesla 3 vs an "equivalent" ICE car. A lot remains to be seen about how it actually compares with the CT as well as what the CT's final price will be. Presumably those with deposits will get the price offered at the time they made the deposit which will make the CT a bargain, but it is hard to believe that in the long run the price won't have to go up.

Abl3rider

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Lots of us doing this.

Same. got MY in March w minimal wait time and love it. Use it for my HVAC side jobs (very carefully!) and have already put almost 12k miles on it. Question is will I have to sell it when my CT number comes up and how will resale value be if I do. I don’t want to sell it, though!
Sponsored