Found a Petition for a Supercharger in College Station

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
http://chng.it/RB6RB62MkW

I evacuated to College Station from a hurricane and realized that charging my Model S there is going to be a major problem. I bought my S in April, so this year is going going to be my first year up there for Fire Brigade training with an EV. I've been digging for news about CStat getting one since then. I used to be able to see that one was planned to go in, though it was continusously delayed. Now it appears as though plans have been scrapped. If any of you guys want to sign the petition, the link is above. I also have attached screen shots of the page and my comment if you want to review.

Tesla Cybertruck Found a Petition for a Supercharger in College Station Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.04.44 AM

Tesla Cybertruck Found a Petition for a Supercharger in College Station Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.05.21 AM
Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
http://chng.it/RB6RB62MkW

I evacuated to College Station from a hurricane and realized that charging my Model S there is going to be a major problem. I bought my S in April, so this year is going going to be my first year up there for Fire Brigade training with an EV. I've been digging for news about CStat getting one since then. I used to be able to see that one was planned to go in, though it was continusously delayed. Now it appears as though plans have been scrapped. If any of you guys want to sign the petition, the link is above. I also have attached screen shots of the page and my comment if you want to review.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.04.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.05.21 AM.png
A Tesla 22kW destination charger at the hotel is likely an easier and faster fix. If not at a hotel but other temporary housing I would suggest slow charging from a socket. As you probably know supercharging really should only be done on trips if you want to keep the battery healthy (but maybe you do have a long commute). Did I get that right?

Where I live they have stopped putting superchargers close to cities and they are more likely to be close to a lone gas station or travelers cafe on fresh land inbetween cities.

OP
OP
cary1219

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
A Tesla 22kW destination charger at the hotel is likely an easier and faster fix. If not at a hotel but other temporary housing I would suggest slow charging from a socket. As you probably know supercharging really should only be done on trips if you want to keep the battery healthy (but maybe you do have a long commute). Did I get that right?

Where I live they have stopped putting superchargers close to cities and they are more likely to be close to a lone gas station or travelers cafe on fresh land inbetween cities.
It's hard to find electricity of any sort in a hotel parking lot. Yes, there are slower chargers around town such as the Bush Presidential Library, but I'm spending all day long handling the logistics of an industrial fire brigade. Parking at a slow charger for 12 hours isn't going to cut it for me.

Luckily the hotel we will use in August happens to have a charger. I will be able to charge over night no problem. However, there are no guarantees we'll be in that hotel when we return again in February of 2022.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I evacuated to College Station from a hurricane and realized that charging my Model S there is going to be a major problem. I bought my S in April, so this year is going going to be my first year up there for Fire Brigade training with an EV. I've been digging for news about CStat getting one since then. I used to be able to see that one was planned to go in, though it was continusously delayed. Now it appears as though plans have been scrapped. If any of you guys want to sign the petition, the link is above.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.05.21 AM.png
That was quick, just to cap this thread off it looks like College Station has had 8 250 kW Superchargers available since back in 2022!

As the Supercharger Network continues to grow, the naysayers will have to pick increasingly out of the way places to highlight. This is how Tesla is driving EV adoption in all the major car markets in the world. They don't get enough credit for what they have done with their Supercharger Network.

Isn't it odd that all the other fast DC charging network operators have spent far more than Tesla and have far less to show for it, even when you combine them all together? Without the little EV startup from California, EVs would still be an inferior solution to fossil fuels. I think people still don't appreciate this enough. Tesla has dragged the rest of the industry, kicking and screaming, into electrification.
Sponsored