Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Likewise destination fee - since I dont see Texas tax, is this a fee for those out of state that come pick it up - not to be confused with a delivery fee to have it transported to your local Tesla dealer? Or is this just a dealer fee that everyone pays? Does it include a bottle of CyberShine?
This is normally not included in the initial pricing order page. The Tax and Destination Fee are added once you select a delivery location, which occurs later in the order process. The sales rep then will get you final documentation that includes this information as delivery approaches. At least that is how it worked with Model 3 pre-orders.

They can't know what taxes to charge until you have selected a delivery location, since that is what determines the taxes charged.

I assume its the same for the destination fee since in theory it could be different depending on location.

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Notice this is the first reference to FSD

here styled as FSD "capability"

So read between the lines here:

First, FSD cost is extra/in-addition

There's nothing on this order page for including FSD yet

So, my read continues to be that Cybertruck does not yet include ability to run AP/FSD, but of course it will in the future be able to have it added
"Capability" means you have FSD (beta). So here, I would guess they can't add it on because it is already included.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is this from a specific order page for the Foundation that I dont see on their site because I have a day 0 order and haven't received any email, not even the $1000 off another model email?
The Foundation series invites are likely separate from the normal reservations we all have.

Tesla is only going to send these to select people that they have on a special list. They will probably only be inviting major investors, employees, early Tesla customers, influencers, previous Founders series owners, and other special cases would be my assumption.

I would be shocked if anyone outside of a special curated list is invited to order a Foundation series.

Fallenhero

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
The Foundation series invites are likely separate from the normal reservations we all have.

Tesla is only going to send these to select people that they have on a special list. They will probably only be inviting major investors, employees, early Tesla customers, influencers, previous Founders series owners, and other special cases would be my assumption.

I would be shocked if anyone outside of a special curated list is invited to order a Foundation series.
Great. Thanks. So I guess we are all still going to be waiting.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Yea this edition is fully decked out with EVERYTHING. The question is: how are they pricing optional all-terrain tires, FSD, and powershare hardware to bring the total to $20k more?

If FSD was assumed to be 7k, then 13k additional for tires and powershare hardware? I would rather assume 12k fsd, 4k tires and 4k hardware. Hope they honor our fsd lock-ins. I at-least deduce the 99k beast won't come with all-terrains without an additional premium.

Regarding Tesla honoring fsd lock-in prices, I did call a worthless Tesla sales rep who said "that's the idea afaik" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I don’t want to pay $122K for one but if I received that email, I’d pay the $250 right after I read the word “Your” 🤣

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Notice this is the first reference to FSD

here styled as FSD "capability"

So read between the lines here:

First, FSD cost is extra/in-addition

There's nothing on this order page for including FSD yet

So, my read continues to be that Cybertruck does not yet include ability to run AP/FSD, but of course it will in the future be able to have it added
Sandy munro test drove a CT with autopilot he mentioned in his 2nd interview with musk.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I would pull the trigger but I don’t think I want that laser etched Foundation on the side.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I would pull the trigger but I don’t think I want that laser etched Foundation on the side.
Yeah but that’s what makes it a limited edition collectors item. If you keep it stock and take good care of it you can probably sell it on Barrett Jackson in a few years for more than what you paid and buy yourself a 2026 Cybertruck to replace it

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Yea this edition is fully decked out with EVERYTHING. The question is: how are they pricing optional all-terrain tires, FSD, and powershare hardware to bring the total to $20k more?

If FSD was assumed to be 7k, then 13k additional for tires and powershare hardware? I would rather assume 12k fsd, 4k tires and 4k hardware. Hope they honor our fsd lock-ins. I at-least deduce the 99k beast won't come with all-terrains without an additional premium.

Regarding Tesla honoring fsd lock-in prices, I did call a worthless Tesla sales rep who said "that's the idea afaik" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Extra accessories are great and all but a lot of being in the special 1000 club has perceived value too.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What kind of discounts are employees getting?
discounts!? :ROFLMAO:

and excluding Taxes
Likewise destination fee - since I dont see Texas tax, is this a fee for those out of state that come pick it up - not to be confused with a delivery fee to have it transported to your local Tesla dealer? Or is this just a dealer fee that everyone pays? Does it include a bottle of CyberShine?
from my other thread, as an example in the scenario of a specific state's tax regime, etc. - YMMV

Sponsored