Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
(I Posted in another site June 22 2019 for Tesla Model 3 )I was removing panels in the Frunk area near the 12 Volt battery/air inlet. I found Part Number 1131205-00-C >PP-GF20< , broken and seems to be poorly designed. The Assembly, which has two parts is joined by a (3) very slim tabs of material which its not structurally strong enough to hold up to pushing a panel fastener in and not allow the panel to be fully fasten. You may what to check yours (theirs (2) of them. (Needs to be redesigned)

damage 1.jpg

damage 2.jpg

Frunk Reinforcement Part Failure | fix temp.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JudgeMetal

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
(I Posted in another site June 22 2019 for Tesla Model 3 )I was removing panels in the Frunk area near the 12 Volt battery/air inlet. I found Part Number 1131205-00-C >PP-GF20< , broken and seems to be poorly designed. The Assembly, which has two parts is joined by a (3) very slim tabs of material which its not structurally strong enough to hold up to pushing a panel fastener in and not allow the panel to be fully fasten. You may what to check yours (theirs (2) of them. (Needs to be redesigned)

damage 1.jpg

damage 2.jpg

Frunk Reinforcement Part Failure | fix temp.jpg
A part made in China broke?!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Those points look like they were designed to fail. Some latches are 'use once' or have quicker-but-destructive install methods.

-Crissa
Sponsored