Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
One observation: the air intake appears to come right up below the funk trim = no sub-frunk

CT Frunk.jpg
CT Frunk Zoom.jpg

'SHOW ME THE FRUNK'
Frunkly speaking, if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all .......
Sponsored

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I don’t gig. However I see that the Cybertruck as a gig rolling machine. You can carry all the equipment, the band, and charge your beach playing.
I do gig. And I see the CT as carrying all my equipment, but it will just have room for that gear.

The rest of the band members will have to buy their own CTs for their equipment and they can ride in them.

Well.... maybe the singers can ride with me.... ;)

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I do gig. And I see the CT as carrying all my equipment, but it will just have room for that gear.

The rest of the band members will have to buy their own CTs for their equipment and they can ride in them.

Well.... maybe the singers can ride with me.... ;)
you can save a mixing board if the Cybertruck can do it for you. Why not, just need an interface for patch cables.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
The pass through idea was more for the back. Anybody that gave it a thought would never believe the pass through would go thru all that hardware, no matter the design there is just too much stuff.

The truck bed to cabin was always the wish for many.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
you can save a mixing board if the Cybertruck can do it for you. Why not, just need an interface for patch cables.
Patch cables?!?!?! That's SO last century! Just bluetooth it all in!

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bluetooth would be perfect for that application if it was 100% reliable, caused no signal degradation, had no channel interference, had no signal propagation delay and required no power source. Sadly none of that is true. So we use cables, miles of cables.... or, when money is no object and players and singers just gotta move, we use wireless transmitter/receivers.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ugh! It's not lossless though! And latency is pretty rubbish too, let alone bandwidth congestion when you have multiple devices. Wifi mostly works though.

A lot of setups now are just renote controlled digital mixers, which are just black boxes with XLR/Jack inputs for cables and mixing is automated and controlled via a tablet screen over wifi. Most things you need "wireless" still use dedicated radios, which then plug into you desk/subdesk with a cable.

(Sorry Wtibbit u bet me to it!)

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Bluetooth would be perfect for that application if it was 100% reliable, caused no signal degradation, had no channel interference, had no signal propagation delay and required no power source. Sadly none of that is true. So we use cables, miles of cables.... or, when money is no object and players and singers just gotta move, we use wireless transmitter/receivers.
I know... I was just being like all the kids. "Ok boomer!"

That being said, JB is right, "wee-fee" would probably work. Especially when the only thing on the net would be your stuff.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I know... I was just being like all the kids. "Ok boomer!"

That being said, JB is right, "wee-fee" would probably work. Especially when the only thing on the net would be your stuff.
Wireless works great, but for professional gear it costs over $1,000 per microphone or other signal channel. And it's not wifi, but some proprietary protocol so none of the manufacturers' products are interchangeable.

Wifi is an issue because its protocol doesn't guarantee realtime performance without data dropouts and, at a large venue, that can happen because everyone has a phone and the channels are filled with traffic and connect attempts.

So wireless systems are generally used by vocalists and rock guitarists with deep pockets. The rest of us use old school wires!
Sponsored