Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
i think the tesla community more often uses the wrong grammar when they shorten "Self-driving" to "SD". Self-driving is one word. If it is shortened and the "d" is going to be added then a hypen should be also added as in "FS-d".
"FSD" is grammatically incorrect as it would become "Full Self Driving," which is ambiguous at best. "FS" should be used.
We should all be on the same page...
Or am I wrong? If only Ms. Doran was here.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Looking to my left neighbor, what page are we on?

I had to review the difference between autopilot and Full Service-Drive. There is intuitive overlap in the nomenclature .

Quote by me, “Words are a collection of letters that represent sounds. They have no power unless we allow them.”

I am a lax is this area and willing to go with the flow. I just ask someone to let me know the terms that win the day.

Last edited:
OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Looking to my left neighbor, what page are we on?

I had to review the difference between autopilot and Full Service-Drive. There is intuitive overlap in the nomenclature .

Quote by me, “Words are a collection of letters that represent sounds. They have no power unless we allow them.”

I am a lax is this area and willing to go with the flow. I just ask someone to let me know the terms that win the day.
yeahhh? To see it written with a capital "D" is even worse from a grammatical perspective.
Don't git me wrong, I like to e.e. the shit out of the language. But when incompetence and a lackadaisical attitude is the reason to write "FSD", and then it becomes confusing.
I remember when I was issued my first bank card and was given a PIN. Personal Identification NUMBER.... and then the ephen morons started calling the PIN a PIN Number. and we are stuck with the stupidity.
It shouldn't be what the majority calls it because literally 50% of the majority have below average intelligence. So if the bottom 51% write it FSD, which would actually be Full Self-driving Driving, we should call it FSD?
Just get it straight...either FS or FS-d.
half the knuckleheads (not JohnK) don't understand "the minus sign" so they try to avoid it instead of take the time to learn.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I vote for FSC for full self-driving capability which is what I ordered... FSCK for the time when it fails!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It shouldn't be what the majority calls it because literally 50% of the majority have below average intelligence. So if the bottom 51% write it FSD, which would actually be Full Self-driving Driving, we should call it FSD?
Literally 50% of the majority have intelligence below the median and that's the median for the majority however we don't know how the majority is drawn from the population at large. Were, for example, the majority the group between the population's 49th and 100th intelligence percentiles then their opinion would indeed be worthy of consideration. But were the majority those between the 0th and 51st percentiles one would draw the opposite conclusion.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
and
Literally 50% of the majority have intelligence below the median and that's the median for the majority however we don't know how the majority is drawn from the population at large. Were, for example, the majority the group between the population's 49th and 100th intelligence percentiles then their opinion would indeed be worthy of consideration. But were the majority those between the 0th and 51st percentiles one would draw the opposite conclusion.
I am telling on myself, but I think pretty much the above 50% is not posting on message boards?

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I'll continue calling it FSD. Full Self-Driving. If you want, I'll do it this way: FS-D

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The official name, John. Son’s name.

He is supposed to be driving me around since he got his license. The feature broke after a few months and the novelty wore off.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Wow. Some of you must be REALLY bored waiting for the C (can't call it CT, cuz that would imply two words. But "Cybertruck" is only one word) to arrive.

:rolleyes:

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I was enlisted in the military. It is common practice to created all sorts of abbreviations and acronyms. We could follow Department of Defense (DOD) practices by referring to Full Self-Driving (FSD) as FSD after writing out the full title with the abbreviation immediately following in parenthetical marks...
We could also just think of FSD as an example of a brevity code.
It is Friday. My brain is tired.
Sponsored