Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I accepted the terms and took my first couple drives. I am really impressed and will continue to test it while I have it. If they will issue new revisions every 2 weeks the few small bugs will work their way out. Look out TSLA stock.

These are my initial observations and recommendations:

1.) I set the speed to 75 in a 70 MPH zone to avoid clogging thing up too bad. Bert (my M3) kept changing lanes to maintain the 75 mph and ended up camping out in the fast lane. I had to continually override it by signaling to go to a slower lane. We need some kind of setting. 'I will go as high as 75 but I am happy going 70'
2.) Because it tended to the left lane, it couldn't get over fast enough to make the exit 5-6 lanes and I missed my exit. It needs to anticipate complicated merging and exiting much sooner.
3.) I was surprised by the acceleration and decisiveness. I generally don't give as much pedal as the FSD did. Would this change if I changed my settings to chill from standard?

I understand TSLA need lots of quality data before this leaves Beta. Supposedly they now have the processing power to collect this now. As far as next steps, somehow Tesla needs to maintain a green FSD map that updates every day to allow zones of level 3 FSD. This would include missing signs, bad striping, broken down cars, bid potholes etc. Certain cars will be data collectors by agreement. As things get more reliable the areas expand and level 4 and 5 is released. There could be yellow area that require level 2 driver assist.

Wow TSLA is navigating this about right. Very exciting as a shareholder.
Sponsored

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
We need some kind of setting. 'I will go as high as 75 but I am happy going 70'
There is - "use minimal lane changes", at least there was that setting but I don't have access to FSD anymore since trading in my X for CT. Also try changing assertiveness level

truck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X 2017 100D LR/S 2015 P85D/Cyberbeast
Country flag
My impressions: can’t use because Elon refuses to push out anything to legacy cars

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
My impressions: can’t use because Elon refuses to push out anything to legacy cars
Rohan from Tesla replied that they're almost done with legacy V12 validation and that it should be coming soon. It makes sense to test/push the build that affects the most cars. The older cars just don't have the same numbers...

truck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X 2017 100D LR/S 2015 P85D/Cyberbeast
Country flag
Rohan from Tesla replied that they're almost done with legacy V12 validation and that it should be coming soon. It makes sense to test/push the build that affects the most cars. The older cars just don't have the same numbers...
Good to know, did he give any word on ct fsd? Hopefully it’s out by the time they get to me.

sharpgator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
I agree with your assessment. I have rented FSD a couple of times per year just to see how it's improving. V12 was a good step forward.

I agree that it camps out in the left lane a bit too much. If you tell it to limit lane changes, it just camps even more.

Ultimately, I would never pay $12,000 for it. However, I would be tempted by Enhanced Autopilot. EA really gives me everything I would want.

zeroCO2

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
yeah except legacy FSD b helped fund V12.x ... that minor point seems to be missed ... by folks who did not financially support FSD and are getting a free trial before beta testers who paid to do the work...

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
It seems like the newest version is being too cautious on city streets. I have the speed set to 33 in a 30, but in residential places with a lot of cars on the side of the road, especially with no center lane markings, the car doesn't go above 20mph. I've had to stop using FSD in certain areas, or someone behind me is gonna rear end me or shoot me for going 10mph under the speed limit.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1.) I set the speed to 75 in a 70 MPH zone to avoid clogging thing up too bad. Bert (my M3) kept changing lanes to maintain the 75 mph and ended up camping out in the fast lane. I had to continually override it by signaling to go to a slower lane. We need some kind of setting. 'I will go as high as 75 but I am happy going 70'
2.) Because it tended to the left lane, it couldn't get over fast enough to make the exit 5-6 lanes and I missed my exit. It needs to anticipate complicated merging and exiting much sooner.
3.) I was surprised by the acceleration and decisiveness. I generally don't give as much pedal as the FSD did. Would this change if I changed my settings to chill from standard?

I understand TSLA need lots of quality data before this leaves Beta. Supposedly they now have the processing power to collect this now. As far as next steps, somehow Tesla needs to maintain a green FSD map that updates every day to allow zones of level 3 FSD. This would include missing signs, bad striping, broken down cars, bid potholes etc. Certain cars will be data collectors by agreement. As things get more reliable the areas expand and level 4 and 5 is released. There could be yellow area that require level 2 driver assist.

Wow TSLA is navigating this about right. Very exciting as a shareholder.
Also just tried FSD v12.3.3 yesterday on my Model Y.

1) It was a little scary at 1st not being in control but that just takes a bit of time to adjust to. Try the minimal lanes changes setting. One problem I've had on local highways is that Autopilot as often as not gets the speed limit wrong (like 30 in a 60) so is pretty much unusable in many areas. For some reason FSD usually knows the correct speed limit where Autopilot does not. Have no idea why. Also even when FSD doesn't know the speed limit you can adjust it. You can't do that with Autopilot.

2) It was mostly OK for me but once I had to quickly disengage and use the brakes to make a turn. This turns out to be a big problem for those of us with Tesla Insurance. Even though I didn't brake as hard as FSD often does, it gave me a 2 second "hard braking" hit on my Safety Score. Here's the problem: since I was only manually driving for a very short time and it was my only "hit" for the day it lowered my daily safety score to 82. My overall score was still 100 for the month but this could end up being a situation where FSD use could increase Tesla Insurance premiums a LOT. I'm sure this isn't their intention but it's not well thought out.

3) Chill did lower the decisiveness of FSD. I mostly used it in chill and just gave the accelerator pedal a nudge if I thought is was too slow at an intersection. That might change as I become more comfortable with it. I also tried the "Automatic Set Speed Offset" setting and it was doing things like going 45 in a 30 zone with no way to manually adjust it. Sure way to get a ticket around here. With that setting off I could adjust the speed to anything I want with the scroll wheel: much, much better.

All in all it's a big step forwards in driving if set up properly IMO. The BIG problem is the way it can affect the score of those of us with Tesla Insurance. Instead of of being rewarded for using FSD (or Autopilot to a lessor extent) we're being penalized. For that reason we have to use it less, not more. In a way Tesla Insurance is pushing us away from FSD use instead of toward it, which is a shame.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Second on the country road. It stops acceleration at 25 when the limits are posted at 50.

I was impressed today when it crossed the double lines to give some c

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I agree with your assessment. I have rented FSD a couple of times per year just to see how it's improving. V12 was a good step forward.

I agree that it camps out in the left lane a bit too much. If you tell it to limit lane changes, it just camps even more.

Ultimately, I would never pay $12,000 for it. However, I would be tempted by Enhanced Autopilot. EA really gives me everything I would want.
I changed to chill mode and it doesn't change lanes as often. I also added a plus 8% offset. I like this better. Going way under the speed limit on country roads is super annoying and is my worst gripe.

It is not relaxing yet. I am stressed out steering wheel tension. I wouldn't mind a countdown timer. That would be better.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Good to know, did he give any word on ct fsd? Hopefully it’s out by the time they get to me.
So CT weren't included in the free month of FSD (or can't use FSD), even though all CT on the road right now have FSD included due to the founders series package?
Sponsored