Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
if you got fsd on an older model, say a 2014 S. did they upgrade you for free to the current modern sensors and computers
Was this a question? If so, the answer is 'Yes, mostly': https://www.tesla.com/support/full-self-driving-computer

Reasons to add FSD to your reservation:
  1. Adding FSD to your order is currently free. ...
  2. It is free to remove it [from your order]. ...
  3. [We don't] know what the feature will truly be like when we take delivery of our CT.
  4. FSD is a software option, it will continue to be improved...
  5. If you decide to keep FSD at the time of delivery, you don’t actually have to use it
  6. Adding FSD to your order now is a risk free investment...
In my case, I’ve added FSD from the get go. I will wait till delivery time to finally decide if I will actually buy FSD.
Same.

-Crissa
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The better FSD gets the higher the price will be to buy into it. Just think if you only need to have a hand on the steering wheel for it to operate you could still drive with a broken arm or leg, great for hospital appointments.

cyberforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Elon can have it... I actually like driving so the regular AP is good enough for me :)

cyberforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Well from the used M3's I've been looking at it seems like the FSD stays with the car. (sadly)

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag
I will not be getting the FSD option.
I'll be retired when I get mine and will have nothing better to do but drive it myself. ?:geek:

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
brave pioneers had to put their foot forward to start a revolution. The numbers say AutoPilot is safer than normal drivers. I think the same will be for FSD. $10,000 is not that much money when you consider the price of adding options to ICE vehicles. I'm ordering my Cybertruck with all the fixin's YOLO!

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Tesla wants to come out with a 25K ev, they invest millions on a new battery to make CT and Tesla semi a reality, Tesla Invest in China and Germany to make Tesla vehicles more affordable in Europe and in China. Honestly it seems to me this is the forth model in the CT lineup, a premium for a up scaled version. I hope it becomes more affordable to more folks that genuinely need this feature it will help create a safer road experience for all of us. Elon has raised incredible amounts of monies for all his factories, space X and boring company.
CT single motor at 39,900 is a great value but to add FSD for 10K just sounds like its for those well heeled crowd. I hope it becomes more affordable for all or better yet a standard feature
on all Tesla.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I could not agree more. Pit the poor guys who bought a Tesla a few years ago and paid several thousand for what? Ziltch. I drive a Model 3, have put up my $100.00 for my CYBETRK, and own a fair number of shares of stock. In other words, I'm a fanboy. But no way in heck would I pay even $5,000 for FSD. How could anyone possibly, possibly benefit from this feature at $10,000?
Elderly folks, disabled folks, uhh impaired folks, people who want to enroll it into a robotaxi service.

I keep telling my kids that when they have kids thier children are going to making comments to them like "You use to drive a car by yourself with your hands and feet!? Weren't you worried you would kill yourself?" LOL

With Big Gov always telling us what is or isn't safe for us and making a law for it, don't be surprised if in 20-30 years from now that driving a vehicle yourself will require an insane training license process and super high insurance premiums.

Once FSD can cross communicate to other FSD vehicles, the amount of awareness is going to skyrocket. Think of of like the way an average person uses the internet: nobody thinks about all the traffic our packets of data take to get from one place to another and all of the routing of that info in the background, it just works. That's basically our vehicles in 15-25 years once widely deployed with meshed FSD.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag

I am assumming FSD will be like FUSC and when you sell the vehicle it will not transfer especially if you trade back to Tesla

I am thinking when you lease a better option would be the subscription. I just recently returned a Model S lease and leasing is my preference

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The better FSD gets the higher the price will be to buy into it. Just think if you only need to have a hand on the steering wheel for it to operate you could still drive with a broken arm or leg, great for hospital appointments.
The hospital is a $7 cab ride from my house. I could take 1,429 "fully self-driving" cab rides before I break even on this feature.

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
You can go into your order and add FSD. It will reserve the price (possibly), and it’s not a commitment, because you don’t have to add at the final stage.
Dear lord.... I just updated mine. I can always remove it. I have it for my Model 3 and it isn't worth it... but I'm hopeful.
I really hope I didn't move my location in the Q. Upgraded from dual to triple.
May Musk have mercy on my soul.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I love driving. I want FSD for a couple reasons:
1) long road trips where monotony breeds complacency
2) aging and infirmity (I.e., maintaining independence as I age).

Watching family and patients lose eyesight and developing other infirmities that cause loss of independence was frightening for someone like my father who had to give his beloved Cadillac away. I consider FSD as future-proofing my mobility. Yes, I could Uber/Lyft, but I don’t want to. I want to go where and when I want. If it takes Tesla another 10 years before Level 5, I’m good with that. Considering the FSD Trimotor will be 2 times what I paid for my first house and will last me a good 30 years it is a bargain.
Sponsored