NoDents

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cybertruck, 2011 Ford Fusion
Country flag
So I logged into my Tesla account today to look at my Cybertruck preorder to find that apparently my FSD option was left unchecked. I remember checking that option for i think 6,500 when the preorders first opened. Has anyone else noticed something similar? I feel like I'm about to be boned out of 2 grand but i guess its nice Im allowed to still add it now for 8k instead of 10,500
Sponsored

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
So I logged into my Tesla account today to look at my Cybertruck preorder to find that apparently my FSD option was left unchecked. I remember checking that option for i think 6,500 when the preorders first opened. Has anyone else noticed something similar? I feel like I'm about to be boned out of 2 grand but i guess its nice Im allowed to still add it now for 8k instead of 10,500
it is unlikely you have seen 6,500 $. Reason is that the increase has been of 1,000 at the time, so you would have seen 6,000. But also when the CT was announced, the feature to add self driving opened at 7K till July 31; after that 8,000, so you just miss adding it for a 1k cheaper.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It's possible that you might still get it at the $7000 option. If you preordered before the price increase, maybe that also locked in the price for the FSD option on the Cybertruck. I don't know anything for sure and it's possible that you will have had to select the option before July31 to lock in that price. You won't really know sure sure until it's time to place the actual order.

OP
OP
NoDents

NoDents

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cybertruck, 2011 Ford Fusion
Country flag
it is unlikely you have seen 6,500 $. Reason is that the increase has been of 1,000 at the time, so you would have seen 6,000. But also when the CT was announced, the feature to add self driving opened at 7K till July 31; after that 8,000, so you just miss adding it for a 1k cheaper.
well then it was 7k
well it was 7k than when I preordered originally. I couldn’t remember the exact price Im just annoyed it looks like I’ll have to re-add fsd at a more expensive price. I’ll call Tesla Monday and hopefully this will be sorted out

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Prompted by your post, I just checked my reservation, and while my FSD inclusion is still there,
the price has jumped !

Not very ethical, Elon keeps reminding / encouraging people to order FSD prior to upcoming price jump in July, to lock in lower price.
Yet even though I ordered Cybertruck with FSD in Nov 2019, price has jumped from
$ 8.2 k to $10.1 k, thats not very nice Elon !

I'm going to tell your mother . . . . .
or I'm going to tell my mother to tell your mother. . . . . .
or I'm going to tell someone you're a mother fffffff. . . . . or something like that ?

Oh come off it Elon, stop taking the piss, FULL SELF DRIVING doesn't even exist,
and you want me to pay about $13k (after tax's) for it.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think that if you ordered FSD before the price increase, and haven't changed your reservation, you will most likely get it for the 7k.

Yet even though I ordered Cybertruck with FSD in Nov 2019, price has jumped from
$ 8 k to $10 k, thats not very nice Elon !
Are you sure you aren't forgetting about currency. For me it's 10,600 because i'm Canadian.

Also even if we do have to pay the extra for the price of the FSD option at the time of our actual order, I don't think that would be too bad. But I believe they will honor the price of the FSD at the time of the preorder, because if they weren't going to, why ever put that as an option? And if they don't i'll just pay the extra $1000. it's still worth it.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I think that if you ordered FSD before the price increase, and haven't changed your reservation, you will most likely get it for the 7k.

Are you sure you aren't forgetting about currency. For me it's 10,600 because i'm Canadian.

Also even if we do have to pay the extra for the price of the FSD option at the time of our actual order, I don't think that would be too bad. But I believe they will honor the price of the FSD at the time of the preorder, because if they weren't going to, why ever put that as an option? And if they don't i'll just pay the extra $1000. it's still worth it.
Nope, no currency mistake. it was ordered for $8 k Aud.
But's what's worse its that I convinced 2 friends to buy a Cybertruck and lock in the lower FSD price.

That's at least 3 people's who's bubble may not have quite burst, but some air has escaped.

And how sentiment changes and spreads.

P.S. Why am I even concerned, I'm picturing Elon laughing even harder, when I think about the fact Elon's confirmed the Cybertruck can't pass EU regulations (and related markets) . . . . . . .
so basically he's got me and my friends upset that he's raised the price on a non existent option for a vehicle that won't be sold here !

oh he is a crafty one indeed.

That's it ! There's an abandoned Tesla circling the earth, if I retrieve that, I can have it for free, and I'll have the last laugh !

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Nope, no currency mistake. it was ordered for $8 k Aud.
But's what's worse its that I convinced 2 friends to buy a Cybertruck and lock in the lower FSD price.

That's at least 3 people's who's bubble may not have quite burst, but some air has escaped.

And how sentiment changes and spreads.
Everyone seems very serious about something that is neither confirmed or denied. We don't know if people who have preordered will actually have to pay more for FSD. if FSD price is not locked in...don't get it if you don't feel it's worth the extra cost.

The preorder was to lock in the cost of the Cybertruck, I still believe that locked in the price for the FSD since the FSD is the only option that the let you opt in for in the preorder. However the FSD is still an option and I'm not going to be upset if I'm charged the new price for FSD when I am able to place my actual order.

In any case, no sense in putting too much thought into it because we really can't what price we will get it for until it's Telsa announces that information.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Everyone seems very serious about something that is neither confirmed or denied. We don't know if people who have preordered will actually have to pay more for FSD.

. . . . . . . what price we will get it for until it's Telsa announces that information.
It seems your comprehension needs some help.

The price is indeed CONFIRMED, that's what it means when Telsla on the documentation where a customer agreed terms and PAID A DEPOSIT, has the price CHANGED from $8.2k to $10.1 k

Yes, that is the new confirmed price !

That is in fact the announcement, and without notice !!!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It seems your comprehension needs some help.

The price is indeed CONFIRMED, that's what it means when Telsla on the documentation where a customer agreed terms and PAID A DEPOSIT, has the price CHANGED from $8.2k to $10.1 k

Yes, that is the new confirmed price !

That is in fact the announcement, and without notice !!!
Clearly I was mistaken, I apologize. Since the price has changed on their website, it would be absolutely impossible for Tesla to simply put it in their system that anyone who paid their deposit with the FSD system selected before the price increase, to have that price available to them when they order. I always mistake computers for systems that you can code a simple instruction into. I guess Tesla will have a bunch of unhappy customers and their stock will drop, you should probably sell early to avoid this.

Last edited:

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Clearly I was mistaken, I apologize. Since the price has changed on their website, it would be absolutely impossible for Tesla to simply put it in their system that anyone who paid their deposit with the FSD system selected before the price increase, to have that price available to them when they order. I always mistake computers for systems that you can code a simple instruction into. I guess Tesla will have a bunch of unhappy customers and their stock will drop, you should probably sell early to avoid this.

Oh’ I see how you’re thinking now, allow me to jump over and stand next to you and see things from your point of view.

And check and see what’s possible or impossible in computer systems and anything else in the future. Flagged by statement’s of intent or surprised announced future decisions.

On the scale of “fantasy to possible to probable to absolutely certain”, let’s review what Elon and Tesla might offer in the future.

They may reduce the price of FSD by half, they may give away a free trip to Disneyland with every purchase, or they may include a free set of breast implants, or they may even acknowledge they will never reach true FSD, that is, level 5 Autonomy without using Lidar or some other technology, and simply declare, they give up !

One can deduce or speculate to one’s hearts content.

But whatever they do in the future, it is called the future, because it is not actually here now, here now is called the present.

And people can reach a little into the future, with something called “intention”.

But once again, not even any “intention” is shown by Tesla to hold the FSD price as ordered by customers, when they recently take the conclusive “present” action to change the price on a formal legal agreement / documentation between themselves and the counter party, the customer who paid a deposit.

Explicitly and conclusively contradicting Elon’s spruiking that people should purchase FSD before July 2020 to hold the price down, before the price rise!

And with or without intention, such as the intent to deliver Cybertruck’s to customers, their factory may be struck by say a wayword asteroid, and unfortunately and understandably they may never actually deliver any Cybertruck’s to any customers . . .

but I don’t expect (but I could be wrong) that anyone will be too disappointed, as its highly unlikely anyone will be alive if that happens.

But confirmation may be problematic in that instance.;)

P.S. Its not impossible they change the price back for FSD customers, but IF, IF that happens, I'll let you decide if that was a "new" decision or recognition that they owed their customers a remedy for their mistake.

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
But whatever they do in the future, it is called the future, because it is not actually here now, here now is called the present.
I'll assume that you didn't realize that you pretty much made my point here. I already tried to say this isn't really worth much of our time because it is in the future.

Also I think you are the one with misleading information in this post that is causing this disagreement betweeen us. You said you checked your account and the price had changed, but i'm on my account right now where no prices are listed. The only way to see prices is to go to edit design where you can make changes.

Under the Full Self Drive option, it states "Selecting Full-Self Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future". This statement is actually also on the Cybertruck ordering page when you first put down your preorder. So I was already right and if you selected the option before the price increase, you get it for that price. If you selected it after, you get it for the new price. When you edit your design, a new price is listed so it is possible if you changed your pre-order after the price increase, you might have to pay the new price.

But it seems like Tesla didn't make a mistake and they added that option to the preorder because that price will also be locked in.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
So I was already right and if you selected the option before the price increase, you get it for that price. If you selected it after, you get it for the new price. When you edit your design, a new price is listed . . . . . .

But it seems like Tesla didn't make a mistake and they added that option to the preorder because that price will also be locked in.
Oops, I'm sorry, I think you are right, your explanation fits.

The confusion may be from the fact that clicking onto my existing order, it states FSD is ordered but no prices at all are listed.

The page I see when I go into the reservation page "MANAGE" and "EDIT MY DESIGN" is a listing for FSD at $10.1 k, which I now recognise as you point out, is possibly for making a new order.
Rather than reflecting what the existing order was charged at. . . . . I hope !

Please accept my sincere apologies for being a dick.

P.S. Elon, I'm sorry, you are not a mother ffffff. . . . . . but you are a naughty boy. . . .
you know how easily I can get confused. Don't exacerbate it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It displays the price as $8000, no matter when you selected it.

I'm sure it's just an oversight of the when the page was updated.

I just figured out how to log in and my order says I have selected FSD and it also says the price is 8000.

-Crissa
Sponsored