JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Has any of the current CT owners located an accessible fusebox I. their work of art?🤔

Post pics please! 😁
Sponsored

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
Didn't think Teslas had fuse boxes

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
No fuse box, it uses electronic fuse breakers.

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How about breaker box location and electrical prints ??
Been a volunteer Firefighter for 50+ years and going to need to put some EMS lights on my CT if I ever get one. RN1144*****
T

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
How about breaker box location and electrical prints ??
Been a volunteer Firefighter for 50+ years and going to need to put some EMS lights on my CT if I ever get one. RN1144*****
T
I bet you want to use lights which require 12V? That's not really available on the truck. There is a 48V accessory connection on the roof and in the vault I believe.

And it doesn't use breakers per se, the electrical system is controlled by the computer. If it sees something that it doesn't like, it will tend to turn off the circuit.

We'll have to wait and see what options become available.

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, 12v is the norm for LED lighting. There has got to be 12v circuits on the CT. All the trailer lighting is 12v. And usually a 12v supply to charge the 12v emergency braking battery on the trailer. I don’t want to have to do a Chop & Splice on an $80 vehicle. Hopefully someone will post a set of full electrical prints one day.
T

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
There is supposedly a 48V->12V inverter for the trailer and maybe 1 or two other things, but it's a 48V system.
And even on the 12V Model 3 and Model Y, 12V isn't the easiest thing to get ahold of.
I'm pretty sure that you will have to provide your own inverters. But they are relatively cheap on Amazon.
The Tesla light bar is supposedly going to pull power from the roof 48V panel and there's a switch for that in the UI.

But heck, you can plug all the on-site lighting into the truck.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
As long as we are talking about the electrical system, it must have a 48V battery, right? Where is it and hopefulluy there is some better software to alert the owner it is time to replace the 48V battery. My M3 battery died without notice (that I could see). Fortunately it happend at home!

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
How about supplying 48V to 4 - 12v LEDs in series vs a parallel circuit? I’m no EE, but maybe that would work?

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
There is a 48V accessory connection on the roof and in the vault I believe.
Passenger side front roof rack mounting point and in the frunk by the passenger wheel well of the giga casting.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
As long as we are talking about the electrical system, it must have a 48V battery, right? Where is it and hopefulluy there is some better software to alert the owner it is time to replace the 48V battery. My M3 battery died without notice (that I could see). Fortunately it happend at home!
Yes, there is one, but it is a 4AH 48V lithium battery and not a classic car battery.
My Model 3 got a notification that it was time to change the battery. But that's a problem with classic car batteries, they can die really quickly.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
How about supplying 48V to 4 - 12v LEDs in series vs a parallel circuit? I’m no EE, but maybe that would work?
Well, it would be a series circuit and they would probably need to be 4 identical devices, but even that may be problematic.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The 48V battery is likely to last a decade or more before needing to be replaced. I assume they are using a nice lithium battery instead of lead-acid.

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks Newwave1331 for posting the Tsportline video. Now I know where to get the power from. Got to get out my old college books and figure out what I need to build to drop it to 12v. OR if someone know of a 48v to 12v converter please post. I have to shop around!!!
Thanks, T

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thanks Newwave1331 for posting the Tsportline video. Now I know where to get the power from. Got to get out my old college books and figure out what I need to build to drop it to 12v. OR if someone know of a 48v to 12v converter please post. I have to shop around!!!
Thanks, T
As I mentioned earlier " But they are relatively cheap on Amazon. "
Sponsored