dwooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X
Country flag
Picked up from Fayetteville location(they have one in the showroom if you want to see one up close)

Traded in my R1T

CT is awesome, its like driving an F22 or the Millennium Falcon, the steering, the squircle its all just great.

Ive had a 3, 2 YS and now my wife has an X so we love Tesla but this is better than all of those.

The stainless looks is great, fingerprints suckkkkkkkk, will be trying the protectaclear stuff for sure.

Easter weekend so of course all the family had to see it, they all loved it, even the ones that thought it was god awful ugly in pictures and videos.

Way better than the R1t in a lot of ways, only thing is storage, the frunk of the R1t was massive compared to this little bench and I used the gear tunnel religiously so it will take some getting used to.

A few ways the CT has been better so far:

Driving- R1t drove fine had the speed and power(had quad motor) but the steering and handling was just meh compared to the CT.

R1t motor whine was way louder and cabin way noisier the the CT.

CT a whole lot smoother on rough roads

Air suspension on the CT is quiet, you go up or down in the R1t and the air compressor has to kick on and it was so loud.

Thats it for now, Im sure there is more I cant think of but these first 200 miles have been great.
Sponsored

Rob4Aub

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yeah I was flying in so I put my delivery at noon. They wanted earlier - probably so they could pull them out together. That would have been nice. They did the smoke machines for me and there was a small crowd of other owners waiting for their vehicles.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Nice to see some more in the south, keep us updated on how the protectaclear does with fingerprints

OP
OP

dwooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X
Country flag
Yeah they did mine earlier so there wouldnt be a crazy crowd. Smoke machine was nice, the kids loved that.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Picked up from Fayetteville location(they have one in the showroom if you want to see one up close)

Traded in my R1T

CT is awesome, its like driving an F22 or the Millennium Falcon, the steering, the squircle its all just great.

Ive had a 3, 2 YS and now my wife has an X so we love Tesla but this is better than all of those.

The stainless looks is great, fingerprints suckkkkkkkk, will be trying the protectaclear stuff for sure.

Easter weekend so of course all the family had to see it, they all loved it, even the ones that thought it was god awful ugly in pictures and videos.

Way better than the R1t in a lot of ways, only thing is storage, the frunk of the R1t was massive compared to this little bench and I used the gear tunnel religiously so it will take some getting used to.

A few ways the CT has been better so far:

Driving- R1t drove fine had the speed and power(had quad motor) but the steering and handling was just meh compared to the CT.

R1t motor whine was way louder and cabin way noisier the the CT.

CT a whole lot smoother on rough roads

Air suspension on the CT is quiet, you go up or down in the R1t and the air compressor has to kick on and it was so loud.

Thats it for now, Im sure there is more I cant think of but these first 200 miles have been great.
Congratulations! Let's go cybertruck family! Its interesting that you found the motor whine and cabin noise louder in the Rivian than the Cybertruck. From all the videos I've watched of both, I felt that the Cybertruck was louder than the R1t even the quad motor. Maybe its the Beast that is louder than the Rivian, the AWD might be quieter but I think even the AWD is louder while towing compared to the Rivian while towing as JerryRigEverything's videos showed. I felt Rivian is louder at lower speeds but at higher speeds Cybertruck is louder. I also felt the tire noise of cybertruck is louder than rivian but it has AT tires so that makes sense. I guess I was wrong about that then so cybertruck is quieter I guess. Also, if you don't mind me asking, which one's motor whine did you like better and which was higher-pitched? I'm really curious to know about the different between the pitch of two trucks motor whine, as dumb as that might sound.

OP
OP

dwooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X
Country flag
Yes awd

I had AT tires on my rivian, they got loud after 15k miles, CTs arnt too bad right now, I can kind of hear them around 50mph but they dont sound bad.

The r1t 20-30 mph was almost uncomfortable amount of motor whining, highway 60 mph it was fine, but I think the CT is quieter. Havnt been 80mph interstate speeds yet.

It takes a lot lower radio volume to hide the CTs motor whine, I think the r1ts was slighty higher pitched.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Yes awd

I had AT tires on my rivian, they got loud after 15k miles, CTs arnt too bad right now, I can kind of hear them around 50mph but they dont sound bad.

The r1t 20-30 mph was almost uncomfortable amount of motor whining, highway 60 mph it was fine, but I think the CT is quieter. Havnt been 80mph interstate speeds yet.

It takes a lot lower radio volume to hide the CTs motor whine, I think the r1ts was slighty higher pitched.
Well that's interesting. I originally felt rivian was higher pitched but more recently I felt cybertruck was higher pitched. I think cybertruck starts out lower pitched and gets more higher pitched as speed increases, and rivian starts out higher pitched and gets more lower pitched as speed increases. And cybertruck is louder at higher speeds, but rivian is louder at lower speeds on motors. Thats what it seems to me from watching the videos of them. Interesting about the tires to, I've always felt rivian is quieter from watching videos but people were saying its one of the louder electric trucks and louder than the cybertruck except TFL who thought the rivian was quieter.

love@1sight

First Name
Neeraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
Congratulations!! I am also planning to trade my R1T. Did they give you good deal on the R1T?

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
How's the range comparison between the two? Did you get more range with Rivian or Cybertruck?

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡
Country flag

Traded in my R1T
So if you don't mind me asking what trade did Tesla offer on your Rivian?

Requested trade of my 2023 Ford Lightning purchased new, with now driven low number of 1000 miles, Tesla offered $40K, MSRP is $56,995 so used trade shouldn't be that far off.

Tesla did it a year and half ago too. Requested trade of 2018 LR Model 3 and Tesla offers $24K, when they were selling same like model on Tesla.com for low $40k’s?!

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When did you place your order and get your VIN. My delivery location is Kennesaw. We ordered on 1/9 but no VIN yet. Might change to Fayetteville to see what happens.
Sponsored