General Motors Sold America & Sucked Taxpayer Money to Pay Executives & Shareholder Dividends

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
----------------------------

How GM Sold America and became China Motors. Thanks for the Bailout, though (Part 1)
A dive into the amazing story of how General Motors, WHILE BEING BAILED OUT BY AMERICAN TAXPAYERS, secretly closed a deal with SAIC; A deal whose price they and we are paying to this very day. Ever wondered WHY GM is so lagging in EVs? It's NOT just their addiction to ICE, it's part of a plan! It's a story of opportunities and despair, weak morals, corruption and disruption.
Feb 19, 2022
Save Connecting The Dots

How GM Sold America, Part 2: GM's Secret Plan to Import Almost All of Its Cars and EVs from China
In this video we'll continue showing what I regard as General Motors figuratively selling America, shortly after being saved by American Taxpayers.
I did a deep-dive into almost 200 resources and found an ugly picture, one which i didn't expect. I called it "GM's Secret Plan" as nobody talks about it - definitely not GM or MSM. Had GM succeeded doing it, the American automotive landscape would have been very different, with most cars arriving from China!
Mar 20, 2022
Save Connecting The Dots

The GM Pumping Machine - How General Motors Sold America, Part 3
The third and final video in the series about General Motors figuratively selling America, shortly after being saved by American Taxpayers.
In this video we will show GM's method of operation in the US and around the world, which I call "The GM Money Pump". In my eyes, everything we saw till now pales compared to it!
Apr 10, 2022
Save Connecting The Dots

Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well what a shock. Not!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This has already been posted before?

Not sure how click-baity it is, but usually when a title implies something, it's because it's click-bait. Auto sales in China have gown massively, so opening factories there was a no-brainer. Only the Chinese subsidiary is Chinese-owned (and collectively they own a majority of the Chinese subsidiary). They had an 11% share of the market there last year.
https://stockdividendscreener.com/auto-manufacturers/general-motors-vehicle-sales-and-market-share/

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Thanks for posting that. I had made a thread on the first 2 videos, but hadn't seen the 3rd that just came out. It's best to see them in sequence. It's really a complicated problem, what to do when the hammer comes down next time. Not only that, but it also makes me even more disappointed with our current Oval Office singing the praises of GM. I can only imagine how all the people that lost their livelihood feel when Biden gushes praise to Mary Barra.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This has already been posted before?

Not sure how click-baity it is, but usually when a title implies something, it's because it's click-bait. Auto sales in China have gown massively, so opening factories there was a no-brainer. Only the Chinese subsidiary is Chinese-owned (and collectively they own a majority of the Chinese subsidiary). They had an 11% share of the market there last year.
https://stockdividendscreener.com/auto-manufacturers/general-motors-vehicle-sales-and-market-share/

-Crissa
Watch the videos! The 3rd one just came out yesterday. That link you posted, is propaganda.

Last edited:

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GM is like the Post Office. Always relying on taxpayer’s bailouts for their survival to support a top heavy management board.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Uhh, no?
It's public record.

-Crissa
The FIRST FREAKING SENTENCE!

General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a leading automaker committed to delivering the best automobile products to the world. :p

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
LOL, Really, the best automobile products to the world.

What's the metric? Best, based on what?

The second paragraph is just as laughable. Therefore, I didn't even go on into the document. Once I looked at the graphs they do seem more about how GM is losing market share everywhere.

For anyone else to get a laugh here's the second paragraph.

GM has been actively expanding its market share not only in the U.S. but also globally by continuously rolling out new models, including electric vehicles and autonomous driving, hoping to cash in on the market shift from fossil fuel to battery electric vehicles.

That sure looks like propaganda to me!!!!

BTW, please show me factually how GM has an expanding market share. This really isn't worth a debate, Crissa.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, so why would I watch the videos if you can't read two sentences of fluff?

Look, the filings are public record because GM is a public company. That's what I was linking to. Why would I spare time on a conspiracy theory if you can't make sure it matches to the public record?

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Like I said earlier, Crissa, I don't have any interest in debating this with you. I respect your opinions. I clicked on your link and those first 2 paragraphs were what you called Fluff, I have a different word. But I'd seen enough, and saw it was a massive read by the sidebar button, so I lost interest. When you came back stating your opinion, I skipped around and looked at the graphs and read more. It really seems strange because what is said at the beginning is not supported at all when they get into the data.
But any way to answer your question as to why you should watch the videos. I think you and others here are interested in acquiring knowledge. I watch lots of videos or read articles that I don't agree with, just to see other opinions and quite often learn things from it. Firsttruck and I, happened to find these videos very interesting. And wanted to share them with the community. Most of us have pretty good BS filters and can choose whether to stay and watch things in entirety, or not. But at least take a look, you may find the videos informative and interesting.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Dude, you made it an argument. I just linked to a site that had the filing details. You got defensive about it.

-Crissa
HOLY CRAP, go back up and look at this thread. You were the one defending your linked site. And got butt hurt because I called it propaganda. WHATEVER !!!!!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
HOLY CRAP, go back up and look at this thread. You were the one defending your linked site. And got butt hurt because I called it propaganda. WHATEVER !!!!!
Yes, I was defending that I linked to a site that has articles about filing details.

That doesn't make it PROPAGANDA. It makes it have a nonsense fluff at the beginning. All filings do, too.

But you complained about the meaningless stuff as a method to avoid speaking to the actual details. I didn't do that.

-Crissa
Sponsored