FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
As a stockholder, how does one secure an invite to Tesla Invstor Day (in particular) and to other Tesla events (in general)?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you don't have the shares in a compatible account, it's kind of a pain where they ask you for permissions they shouldn't have.

They being the verification service Tesla is using.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you don't have the shares in a compatible account, it's kind of a pain where they ask you for permissions they shouldn't have.

They being the verification service Tesla is using.

-Crissa
Yeah, I don't like that, at all. Given the invasion of our privacy it would be nice if they would tell us whether we were invited or not, and I think they should not invite people that have previously been invited until everyone has a chance to attend a meeting if they want to. Just remove their names from the pool and select randomly from the remaining.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, but they don't know who's an investor, exactly.

And I would prefer a system that makes sure media can attend if they want to, like Rob Maurer, 'cause then we all get good pictures back.

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

And I would prefer a system that makes sure media can attend if they want to, like Rob Maurer, 'cause then we all get good pictures back.

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa
We don't need to have every YouTuber attend every meeting. Maybe cycle through the media people as well but put them in a separate pool. I am heavily against playing favorites when the company is claiming to be random in their selection. I want proof that they are until they have proven themselves to actually be fair. If they just stop making the claim I will not hold them to it. In all things I want people to do what they say they will do and be honorable to whatever audience they have.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa
Tesla invites press/ YouTubers/ podcasters to their events sometimes. Depends on the slant they want on the event and how deep the coverage.

If they don’t have YouTubers there, it’s because they want to control the narrative. There will also be a live feed. Hopefully something more interesting than the truck one.

OP
OP
FarAway

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
When I went online to verify stock ownership, I am asked by a company called "Say Technologies", whom I've never heard of, to just give us your account number and password, "Uhm, NO!"

The alternate manual verification process, without any further guidance, gives you the option to upload a pdf. A pdf of what? I assume your brokerage account statement. I have a couple of these, but I can only upload one pdf?

It is like getting through this gauntlet is the first step in the screening process. LOL. I am now looking for "Easter eggs" on the verification page. ;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When I went online to verify stock ownership, I am asked by a company called "Say Technologies", whom I've never heard of, to just give us your account number and password, "Uhm, NO!"

The alternate manual verification process, without any further guidance, gives you the option to upload a pdf. A pdf of what? I assume your brokerage account statement. I have a couple of these, but I can only upload one pdf?

It is like getting through this gauntlet is the first step in the screening process. LOL. I am now looking for "Easter eggs" on the verification page. ;)
Yes… exactly this.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Sadly it isn't just a copy of your brokerage statement as it has to specifically address Tesla's requirement that it demonstrate that you owned shares on a specific date, so you have to have your brokerage issue that kind of letter. I did this with Schwab and they were happy to do it but I had to talk to a broker on the phone and then it took a few days to get the letter, which I then submitted to Tesla. Of course, it was all for naught since I was not invited to the CyberRodeo (presumably because I am as important as a minnow in a lake).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hope Tesla addresses this somehow because it is very frustrating. This is something the brokerages should get behind…

Except I think the brokerages would prefer individual shareholders don’t vote and let the corporate holders make all the calls.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope Tesla addresses this somehow because it is very frustrating. This is something the brokerages should get behind…

Except I think the brokerages would prefer individual shareholders don’t vote and let the corporate holders make all the calls.
What is the structure of the Cybertruck Club? Could CT members vote an exec to represent retail investors or at least the Cybertruck group? Could the representative members be invited at events and participate on the board of director for issues related to the Cybertruck and be there as part of retail Tesla investors? Just saying...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What is the structure of the Cybertruck Club? Could CT members vote an exec to represent retail investors or at least the Cybertruck group? Could the representative members be invited at events and participate on the board of director for issues related to the Cybertruck and be there as part of retail Tesla investors? Just saying...
That’s not really a thing which could happen in an effective way.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s not really a thing which could happen in an effective way.
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Some representation is better then none. Even if I do not get to go in the end.
Sponsored