Got my first Cybertruck accessory; my key!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Got a new iPhone 14 Pro Max

last bought a 12, thought that was gonna be “my key”…..

here’s hoping the 14 Pro Max will truly be, my Cybertruck key! I keep phones for 2 years or so usually.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Got a new iPhone 14 Pro Max

last bought a 12, thought that was gonna be “my key”…..

here’s hoping the 14 Pro Max will truly be, my Cybertruck key! I keep phones for 2 years or so usually.
My face is my key and I've kept it for 40 years

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
My face is my key and I've kept it for 40 years
Do you have a Tesla? I'd imagine this facial key feature to be multi factor by requiring your phone or something else. We're talking about a very expensive vehicle. I just don't think the cameras are QUITE there yet, not for that feature. But if we adopt my logic of Lidar being on iPhone, they could do it.

I've got a 3. It requires your phone or the "credit card" key. Surely the Cybertruck will have some level of a key. I'd assume the phone to be an option like every other vehicle model they make.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Do you have a Tesla? I'd imagine this facial key feature to be multi factor by requiring your phone or something else. We're talking about a very expensive vehicle. I just don't think the cameras are QUITE there yet, not for that feature. But if we adopt my logic of Lidar being on iPhone, they could do it.

I've got a 3. It requires your phone or the "credit card" key. Surely the Cybertruck will have some level of a key. I'd assume the phone to be an option like every other vehicle model they make.
Don’t forget the Apple Watch as key!

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Don’t forget the Apple Watch as key!
I have a watch in my closet, but I don't use it. My girlfriend DOES though and I don't know if even she realized this haha! Probably cause we always have phones on us.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have a watch in my closet, but I don't use it. My girlfriend DOES though and I don't know if even she realized this haha! Probably cause we always have phones on us.
I have to lock my car with the phone in it to go kiteboarding and the only way to do that is to turn bluetooth off. Otherwise it won't lock. Taking the card key is less desirable so I use the Apple Watch to lock and unlock the car, open the charge port, turn dog mode on and off, etc.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

I do not. But I imagine pin to drive would be required with face unlock.... Elon has made some noise about the truck coming with face recognition ( said something to the effect of it will just recognize you) and Tesla has this patent.
https://uspto.report/patent/app/20210156705#D00007
Which would allow the truck to recognize and navigate/ respond to terrain and enable face recognition.
This technology is probably based on Samsung time of flight cameras... I have a Samsung phone with one and it is very accurate in distance measurement. Also possible in HW4 is the new high definition radar .

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

I don't think the cameras are the problem, rather its the recognition process, and making sure it can't be circumvented.