drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
From the demo, I know that if a bullet won't penetrate the stainless steel, I'm sure hail won't, however the bullet did dent the stainless steel. What is the probability that this truck will not be dented by hail?
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
From the demo, I know that if a bullet won't penetrate the stainless steel, I'm sure hail won't, however the bullet did dent the stainless steel. What is the probability that this truck will not be dented by hail?
It definitely will be. I have heard of grapefruit sized hail...so im thinking the windows could be in question then, also the seams would be susceptible at that size but.....excluding the most extreme cases, yes.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Thanks Aaron, it would be nice to not have to worry about that.
you get a lot more hail down there in Oklahoma, but i cant imagine hail hitting harder than a sledge or the infamous steel balls

TulsaCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wealth advisor
Country flag
Yeah insurance on roofs down here is crazy. A car that’s hail proof SHOULD drastically decrease our insurance but we all know it won’t.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
It is likely more a matter of how large of hail it can take a hit from before it dents. At 3mm thick, its likely that it will take a lot larger piece of hail to dent it.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Based on an interview with Sandy Munro I just saw, he thinks you could lean the CT against a tree and it wouldnt dent...Im thinking hail isnt going to phase it.....

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Ive seen these and thought about getting one for my toy car but....you would need one the size of the Astrodome for the CT :ROFLMAO:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Baseball size hail destroyed 3 of my cars and caused $26K worth of damage to my house. I’m wondering if the solar package would be an okay idea to add..
Similar story here. Baseball sized hail on our brand new car in Denver! (July 11, 1990) (2 or three other storms like that over the years, every time we bought a new car or a new house!). It's why we left Denver, If I were still there, it would be my Number 1 reason for getting the CT.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I live in the northeast and have rarely seen hail but it was always with tremendous wind where houses blow away etc. Does anyone think that parachute cloth is going to hold up in a thunderstorm? I see a truck with shreds of rags in my mind. I'm also questioning the ability to hold off hail. What could the internal pressure of the inflation be? Possibly 20lbs/ sq inch?

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I live in the northeast and have rarely seen hail but it was always with tremendous wind where houses blow away etc. Does anyone think that parachute cloth is going to hold up in a thunderstorm? I see a truck with shreds of rags in my mind. I'm also questioning the ability to hold off hail. What could the internal pressure of the inflation be? Possibly 20lbs/ sq inch?
It's not going to be any worse than that sledge hammer test.
Sponsored