Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
So last night I was driving home from a baseball game and a couple thoughts occurred to me. It was dark out and my wife and I counted 10 near misses with deer. Typically you keep your high beams on to see the deer better.

With the CT, the entire front of the truck is a headlight. I'm wondering if the ends of the headlights are low beams and the middle combined with the ends makes it a high beam?

Also, I bet that since there are cameras all over, I bet there will be some type of detection system for detecting objects that run out into the road.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So last night I was driving home from a baseball game and a couple thoughts occurred to me. It was dark out and my wife and I counted 10 near misses with deer. Typically you keep your high beams on to see the deer better.

With the CT, the entire front of the truck is a headlight. I'm wondering if the ends of the headlights are low beams and the middle combined with the ends makes it a high beam?

Also, I bet that since there are cameras all over, I bet there will be some type of detection system for detecting objects that run out into the road.

Thoughts?
Nothing has been released about the headlights so whatever comments (including my own) are conjecture. That being said, as designed that solid light bar under the hood does not meet federal regulations. Tesla may be looking for a rule change or exemption. I do hope that some of the front cameras will pick up infrared to look for living obstacles — deer, pedestrians, bicyclists — in the dark. That was in a prototype Cadillac years ago and mated to a HUD.

Last edited:

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
I believe the Cybertruck also has a lightbar on the roof. built in.
And seeing other tesla models not hit deers i think this feature my be included.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It is the same autopilot system across all Tesla vehicles, and you should check out the videos posted recently to Teslarati and Electrek. One just this week of an aggressive detour around a deer. It will only be better by the tome the CT rolls off the production line. As for the lights, I am hoping they are configurable for color and function (within legal constraints of course!)

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
the front lightbar headlights (not the top lightbar, this would be off road only) can easily meet regulations and would light up the road just as any other headlights, perhaps more uniformly

Im pretty sure the camera and sensor safety systems would do pretty good job of avoiding large animals because humans are decently large animals.

the camera's could pretty easily up the light intake to see basically like daytime at night. making infrared seemingly unnecessary. although it would be SUPER COOL but probably expensive

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
I don't understand why everyone think the cybertrucks headlight will be illegal, it is not a solid light bar. It's separate lights left and right with a highbeam lightbar inbetween.
Tesla Cybertruck Headlights CT-Headlight

The light bar on top is according to Elon “laser blade lights” that will come standars on all cybertrucks.
Tesla Cybertruck Headlights tesla-cybertruck-headlights

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I said this in another post but I plan on adding IR lights so I can drive with night vision during the coming apocalypse .
B8B7206C-C491-4607-AD4B-03FA6305F7F1.jpeg
You don't need IR with night vision. There is enough amibiant light, the problem will be that oncoming headlights will blind the night vision. Possible solution could be zero lux cameras with 3d display. But even then you wouldn't need to emit IR. If you emit IR you could use any old camera but need some way to see in 3d.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don't understand why everyone think the cybertrucks headlight will be illegal, it is not a solid light bar. It's separate lights left and right with a highbeam lightbar inbetween.
CT-Headlight.jpg

The light bar on top is according to Elon “laser blade lights” that will come standars on all cybertrucks.
tesla-cybertruck-headlights.jpg
Isn't it possible that the bright center bar is also for off road? There is no reason that that the head lights can't be both low beam and high beam lights. And before anyone says the law requires you to have a cover over off-road lights when you are on road I think Teslas know when they are on road and can prevent idiots from using the off road lights on road.

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Isn't it possible that the bright center bar is also for off road? There is no reason that that the head lights can't be both low beam and high beam lights. And before anyone says the law requires you to have a cover over off-road lights when you are on road I think Teslas know when they are on road and can prevent idiots from using the off road lights on road.
You are right, the head lights should of course be both low and high beam and the bar between should work in offroad mode or together with the high beam lights.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
You don't need IR with night vision. There is enough amibiant light, the problem will be that oncoming headlights will blind the night vision. Possible solution could be zero lux cameras with 3d display. But even then you wouldn't need to emit IR. If you emit IR you could use any old camera but need some way to see in 3d.
Zombies cant drive,
and when its really foggy or overcast it will help.
Or when I’m driving inside a very large building without lights.
Don’t asked me how I know...??

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Zombies cant drive,
and when its really foggy or overcast it will help.
Or when I’m driving inside a very large building without lights.
Don’t asked me how I know...??
Like in Twister or 2012?
Sponsored