First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I lived in Minot, North Dakota for four years. Parked my F350 outside. Never had to scrape windows. I bought a 200 Watt MyHeat heater (feels like someone exhaling, it's so low power).
I don't know how things would go in ND in January but in the milder winters of the mid Atlantic region Tesla's climate control system gets the interior toasty warm in a few minutes it is easy to turn it on remotely and though it may be pullung 2 kW from your battery you will in total use perhaps a quarter of a kWh. Of course if you are plugged into shore power overnight that doesn't matter as the quarter kWh comes from it rather than the battery. This isn't going to melt snow off the toneau.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Senior Network Analyst
Country flag
Let me introduce you to the much more economical solution. I call it a snow brush, but most stores call this model a push broom. You can store it easily in the vault and bonus, you can also use it to sweep the floor of the garage you no longer park in and probably use as a wood working shop. :)
1630503620561.png

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Senior Network Analyst
Country flag
I keep one next to my parking spot all winter long. I look forward to being able to keep one in the vault so I have it wherever I am. (full sized models don't fit well in my Grand Cherokee)
Same. I use this at home and keep a smaller one in the car in case it snows while I'm at work.

Advertisement

Advertisement