Help me solve this Cybertruck Riddle...!

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure this one out...Real or fake!? Hear me out now...! Watch the shadows on the street as this race takes off...
At first the shadows are casting backwards, starting at the front of the Cybertruck and the Porsche.
Then they are casting forward, outpacing the Cybertruck and the Porsche.

It takes about 12 hours for the sun to shift like that...I'm just saying. Is this race photo shopped or something and they forgot to shift the shadows?

Help me solve this riddle...!

Sponsored

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Many cybertruck shots in the launch video were a render as far as I know. Even if they actually did shooting, it was probably over the course of a few days and just jumbled in editing.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Many cybertruck shots in the launch video was a render as far as I know. Even if they actually did shooting, it was probably over the course of a few days and just jumbled in editing.

I agree. But wasn't this supposed to be a 6 second race...!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Two separate shots. Car shadows in each are consistent with rocks and mountains. Either the shots were taken at different directions or different times of the day but I doubt it is CGI. Even if it is, it does not matter. Rivian at 7000 Ib does 0-60 in 3 second. I think CT is supposed to be 5000 Ib. With batteries that can take you 500 miles and three motors from a company that made S plaid, there is no reason to doubt that kind of acceleration. Frankly I expect the 0-60 novelty fade away rather quickly for me. I may end up paying more attention to preserving my range and tires.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Go the the Tesla Model S Plaid channel on YouTube and you can see how EV's launch.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TeslaPlaidChannel
Two separate shots. Car shadows in each are consistent with rocks and mountains. Either the shots were taken at different directions or different times of the day but I doubt it is CGI. Even if it is, it does not matter. Rivian at 7000 Ib does 0-60 in 3 second. I think CT is supposed to be 5000 Ib. With batteries that can take you 500 miles and three motors from a company that made S plaid, there is no reason to doubt that kind of acceleration. Frankly I expect the 0-60 novelty fade away rather quickly for me. I may end up paying more attention to preserving my range and tires.
I'll have to agree with you on the 3 second 0-60. I want it just in case some trash talker pulls up, but I will also favor the range and tires, rather than the mind blowing bursts of speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
However, there should not be any time difference in a 6 second race showing the Cybertruck out accelerating the Porsche...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
One thing that always didn't seem right to me, The numbers they are talking about is for a Tri-motor. They talk like the Cybertruck in the video is a Tri-motor, but all we have seen to exist is a Dual -motor. I don't think a dual motor would beat a 911 like on the video.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Porsche 911s aren't, you know, fast compared to modern EVs.

-Crissa
They're faster than 4.5sec. in 0-60. So they should beat the Dual motor Cybertruck in a drag race.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
One thing that always didn't seem right to me, The numbers they are talking about is for a Tri-motor. They talk like the Cybertruck in the video is a Tri-motor, but all we have seen to exist is a Dual -motor. I don't think a dual motor would beat a 911 like on the video.
The 350 hp in 2019 does 0-60 in 4.9 sec which dual motor can beat. The better porche not so much. You know which one Elon picked.

https://zero60times.com/0-60-times/porsche/911/2019/

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
At first the shadows are casting backwards, starting at the front of the Cybertruck and the Porsche.
Then they are casting forward, outpacing the Cybertruck and the Porsche.

It takes about 12 hours for the sun to shift like that... ...they forgot to shift the shadows?

Help me solve this riddle...!
Fast cars.
They were already returning back

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian at 7000 Ib does 0-60 in 3 second. I think CT is supposed to be 5000 Ib.
So... I don't think the Rivian is actually 7,000 pounds. According to their site, its a little under 6500 pounds. Maybe some of the configured trucks with off-road gear and the kitchen are that much.

No clue how much the Cybertruck will weigh. But if it's going to be classified as a light truck, 5,000 pounds is a good estimate since that keeps the gross vehicle weight under 8,500 pounds loaded.
Sponsored