Hey Dog Lovers, Campers, Contractors, and DIY folks! How do we petition the inventor of "Dog-Mode", to give Cyber a pass thru rear window option?

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
Hello Dog Lovers, etc.

Don't WE think it would be great to have a CyberTruck option with a pass-thru rear window? And the bigger the better right? I could use a Great Dane-sized one. Maybe all the way down to the vault floor? You know with the 40/20/40 rear split seat that the Model Y seems to have?

Of course this would also be great for hauling 16" ft long building materials.

I've tried to tweet @ElonMusk and @Tesla with pictures like the ones attached featuring 10' builiding materials and/or my 2 big dummies riding around in our Model 3, but apparently no look, and no luck. ' Guess I'm not "influencer enough?"

Anybody agree this would be a good feature? Who has ideas for other uses that would justify such a feature, besides ultra dog-mode?

What about when camping? Cool and useful for human-friendly pass-thru from cab to the vault with the camper add-on, right? You know, like when there be BEARS! outside? Or it's just cold? Or you are just naked?

Share your thoughts. This could be awesome. Please help if you can.

Cheers!

Tesla Cybertruck Hey Dog Lovers, Campers, Contractors, and DIY folks! How do we petition the inventor of "Dog-Mode", to give Cyber a pass thru rear window option? 'Dem2Dawgz in tesla

Tesla Cybertruck Hey Dog Lovers, Campers, Contractors, and DIY folks! How do we petition the inventor of "Dog-Mode", to give Cyber a pass thru rear window option? super strut in M3
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Lot's of CT's being sold in California. Having your surfboard locked inside The Vault makes perfect sense. Toyota makes a roll down back window. But with the design of the Cybertruck having a Tonneau cover from the top of the back window, it just seems wrong to divide the vehicle into 2 SEPARATE spaces.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
There is reported to be a pass through. No mention on the size of the pass through.

Two huskies here, if no pass through, I will build a section at the back with two domes for the dogs to see, vent to get the wind in their face and the tonneau cover will close up to the strip. Light enough to remove and store in the bed strapped to the t-rack system.

Prefer just to have a large enough pass through instead so I can interact with the fur factories.

OC Farm Boy

First Name
Derwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS350C, Chevy Avalanche, Jeep Wrangler, Kubota 3301 Tractor
Occupation
Retired from corporate world and now building up a small homestead farm
Country flag
Agree pass through is a top feature desire. Love it in my Avalanche with the seats folded down giving me a full 8 foot covered bed. It will be sorely missed if not on the CT.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
This is pure speculation but isn't baseless. CT will come with a bucket of pickled eggs that you can throw at the bear so that it will be distract and you can safely get into the cab. Why pickled eggs? Other models come with Easter eggs and since CT isnt going to arrive for some time those eggs would rot. Easter is over long before 2022.

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
I agree that a pass through would be super. Also, if one or all of the seats even the front center seat was removable to make for room for a dog. My 160lb St. Bernard Phoebe would be grateful! If the rear seats were removable, and all were mounted separate, that would facilitate providing room for a larger dog to be sure. The other idea would be to have the lower portion of the seats slide toward the front seat and the rear seat backs move down to the floor to allow for greater access to vault of window was retracted.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello Dog Lovers, etc.

Don't WE think it would be great to have a CyberTruck option with a pass-thru rear window? And the bigger the better right? I could use a Great Dane-sized one. Maybe all the way down to the vault floor? You know with the 40/20/40 rear split seat that the Model Y seems to have?

Of course this would also be great for hauling 16" ft long building materials.

I've tried to tweet @ElonMusk and @Tesla with pictures like the ones attached featuring 10' builiding materials and/or my 2 big dummies riding around in our Model 3, but apparently no look, and no luck. ' Guess I'm not "influencer enough?"

Anybody agree this would be a good feature? Who has ideas for other uses that would justify such a feature, besides ultra dog-mode?

What about when camping? Cool and useful for human-friendly pass-thru from cab to the vault with the camper add-on, right? You know, like when there be BEARS! outside? Or it's just cold? Or you are just naked?

Share your thoughts. This could be awesome. Please help if you can.

Cheers!

'Dem2Dawgz in tesla.jpg

super strut in M3.jpg
Right on! We need Dog Mode in the cabin as well as in the vault. (and of course, the Camper mode and ideas suggested by others which make the entertainment system more versatile). We need a big-mother pass-through for general access as well as for hauling long pieces of stuff. We need a factory camper set-up like the one Elon showed in the initial introduction including adequate 120V outlets for a mini-bar, coffee machine, etc. We need a factory tow hitch thingie. For us contractor types, we really, badly need built-in "pockets" to accept lumber racks. (Above each B Piller, implant structurally, a female threaded stainless receptacle. {A water-proof cap can be inserted for those not wishing to install a rack}. At the rear of the bed, on each side, provide the same threaded, female socket at the base of the vault. This will accept a tall vertical threaded male post on each side. Attach a horizontal, transverse member at the top above the B pillar and at the rear. Better yet...have this rack be designed and offered as an accessory by Tesla. This will endure it fits perfectly and is of adequate strength.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Yes I vote for a medium sized pass through. Getting a human or dog from the interior to the vault is a must. It needs to be durable without weather stripping to rub off etc.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Yes I vote for a medium sized pass through. Getting a human or dog from the interior to the vault is a must. It needs to be durable without weather stripping to rub off etc.
I want weather stripping/padding, because I do not want to rub up against stainless steel seam there... but maybe Telsa will do something smart.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The weather stripping can be on the part that moves, rather than around the passage. That gets it out of the way for when you go through and reduces chance of damaging it. That's why weather stripping is places on car doors away from where you might grab the frame,

-Crissa

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I would really like the whole rear to open. It would be great to be able to fold it down and have a mattress that is partially in the rear and comes into the rear seat area. Then your head would be in the cab area and you could still load gear in the rear without messing with your sleeping area. Also, for dogs like is mentioned.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The tonneau rolls down under the seat, so you couldn't open or close it while a mattress was sitting there.

-Crissa
I would think it would stay open or closed while the pass through was not securely closed. The tonneau cover would need to be inoperable any time there's any opening, for safety.