High Tech items for CyperTruck possible?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
See the options functions in the video of Renault Morphoz

Here are some possible suggested ideas that may or could be also implemented in CyberTruck

Facial Recognition :

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Facial Recognitio

Front Passenger Seat Rotation:

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Seat Rotate Around

Console forms around phone:

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Console depresses dow

Fold-out huge display for navigation & system status:

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Fold out Display

Speakers in rear seats for passengers devices:

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Speakers in rear seats

Rear extends or retracts (For Bed for those long items hauling, retract when not hauling long items:

Tesla Cybertruck High Tech items for CyperTruck possible? Rear extends

Vehicle with Technology
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Unfortunately we havent heard (from Elon on twitter) about Tesla working on any of these technologies. I have seen a number of these really sleek and advanced technologies in a number of new concept cars (BMW, Mercedes) but at this point, mass producing any of them just arent a reality. Since the CT is all about ease of manufacturing, I personally wouldnt think any of these would make the final version as they all add complexity to the build. I have a feeling that the 'advanced technogly' seen in the CT will be tied to the air suspension, towing, and offroad information.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately we havent heard (from Elon on twitter) about Tesla working on any of these technologies. I have seen a number of these really sleek and advanced technologies in a number of new concept cars (BMW, Mercedes) but at this point, mass producing any of them just arent a reality. Since the CT is all about ease of manufacturing, I personally wouldnt think any of these would make the final version as they all add complexity to the build. I have a feeling that the 'advanced technogly' seen in the CT will be tied to the air suspension, towing, and offroad information.
Quite right. Imperative that all the bells and whistles don't drive the price up too much. The fart machine and the games available are cute, but I would far rather have Elon concentrate on the functional aspects. Features and engineering that promote battery longevity and range above all.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I see so many posts on this forum about could the Cybertruck have X? Y? Z? Yes, it could, but I doubt it will.

The thing that everyone needs to remember is that they want to make this as simple to mass produce as possible. That is why there are no body panels to have to worry about fitting, no paint, and a simplistic interior. The faster they can roll a vehicle through that line, the faster they can work on one of the other half million other reservations.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I think this is going to be their most pragmatic vehicle with most of the fancy tech being under the hood and not UI.

Pretty much the only UI thing that seems reasonable and easy would be a HUD for that giant flat windshield in lieu of a second screen.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Must be busy....

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
See the options functions in the video of Renault Morphoz

Here are some possible suggested ideas that may or could be also implemented in CyberTruck

Facial Recognition :

Facial Recognition.png

Front Passenger Seat Rotation:

Seat Rotate Around.png

Console forms around phone:

Console depresses down.png

Fold-out huge display for navigation & system status:

Fold out Display.png

Speakers in rear seats for passengers devices:

Speakers in rear seats.png

Rear extends or retracts (For Bed for those long items hauling, retract when not hauling long items:

Rear extends.png

Vehicle with Technology
One thing I haven't seen on any of the Teslas is some mount for kids/passengers devices. It is clear that the time when a full-time display in the back is now pretty much gone, but tethering one's device into the car's wifi and not necessarily having to hold onto it might be valuable. There have been many that hoped that the front display could be mirrored in the back, but this idea is even simpler; just a place on the seat back to put a tablet or phone and have it have power and connectivity.

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
For me the killer feature would be a mid gate. Allowing you to get access from the cab to the closed truck bed. When FSD hits you can climb back there on your air mattress!

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
If the rear tailgate would extend and stay it would allow longer items to sit in the bed such as lumber and such.
seems to me this would be an easy thing to integrate as the tailgate already extends to be a ramp.
Along with heads up display I would believe these items to be An Easy integration.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I’m pretty disappointed in is the fact that Tesla removed home link from their vehicles and is now a $300 option to add.
I use This feature a lot Opening my gate and garage doors and I’m very surprised that it’s not standard in their vehicles.
Not happy about this.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’m pretty disappointed in is the fact that Tesla removed home link from their vehicles and is now a $300 option to add.
I use This feature a lot Opening my gate and garage doors and I’m very surprised that it’s not standard in their vehicles.
Not happy about this.
What is Homelink? My garage door opener now opens from my cell phone so do you really need Homelink anymore? It seems like most everything is WiFi enabled. Can your gate become WiFi enabled? So I can do without Homelink as long as I can ru. Apps from the console. Not having either would be the bigger problem.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
My gate is controlled with RF as well as my current garage doors. I’m sure I could change the garage but not the gate.
i also use my home link to turn on and off my front mounted lightbar but since the CT has one already I guess I could go without.
Sponsored