Palmbay34

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
I have seen numerous posts about HomeLink not being made available for the Cybertruck and its only MyQ, which does not satisfy everyone's needs. When looking under settings, I saw: GARAGE DOOR OPENER: NOT INSTALLED. I wonder what this is in reference to? HomeLink? something else? I have my garage configured using MyQ, so its's not that. Any ideas?

Tesla Cybertruck HomeLink and the Cybertruck: "GARAGE DOOR OPENER: NOT INSTALLED" in settings IMG_1285
Sponsored

ddives

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model X
Country flag
Watching this thread as HomeLink is something I've got to find a solution for...

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Best guess is that there is a planned Homelink accessory, but it isn't available yet (and won't be included like it's not in the 3/Y). Second best guess is it's a holdover from firmware for the other vehicles. I hope it's the first.

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I hope you can add it. I really liked the HomeLink with geofencing on the Model S. Was really bummed the Cybertruck did not have it or the ability to add it.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
No need to Panic over Homelink. The MyQ also has geo fencing that can be set up. Are we really paying an extra $20k for a car and complaining over HomeKit vs. MyQ. lol

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
No need to Panic over Homelink. The MyQ also has geo fencing that can be set up. Are we really paying an extra $20k for a car and complaining over HomeKit vs. MyQ. lol
Yes. Modifying garage doors and gates is not possible for everyone. Too far from any possible wifi point, community access (and therefore not owned by the driver)... Homelink does not come close to being replaced by the limited functionality of MyQ

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Copy, I’m just thinking of it at my house in California with attached garage.

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Country flag
I'm also bummed about HomeLink exclusion. I have both a gate and garage door that operate over HomeLink

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
How hard would it be for one of the lucky early CT owners to buy a M3/Y homelink and try to install it in CT? If it works we know it works. Or at least can one look in the general area where the module would be installed and see if there is a connector of the correct size? I assume they have some 12V already running but maybe they just need to make a 48V homelink. If homelink is close to the price of the 10 year MyQ subscription ($300) I’d be 100% all in on buying the homelink. So basically as long as they don’t take a $350 accessory from M3/Y and make it $700 for CT I’ll be a buyer.

Boyne

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2022 M3, 2024 CT
Occupation
Retired Naval Officer
Country flag
Hell yes I'm complaining. If it doesn't have homelink I don't want the cybertruck. Configured mine early January, but If I can't get homelink, then I will forfeit the $1250 deposit.

Snorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x MX
Country flag
It seriously doesn’t have homelink? Tesla likes to take steps backwards for some reason.
Sponsored