Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In the investor day presentation, it said that they want to sell 300million cybertruck, to achieve that it need to be really cheap.
That column had another vehicle under the tarp. I’m guessing a van/ SUV thing. Likely that model won’t sell as many units as the Cybertruck… so 150m+ Cybertruck
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
They have more than aspirations. They would be criminally liable if they did not do everything in their power to fulfill these orders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Car_Corporation

There's a fun movie about that.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a35366583/liz-carmichael-dale-documentary/

Thank you for not contradicting my point. Contracts cannot violate state and federal laws.

And in California, failing to live up to that sort of promise is a criminal offense.

-Crissa
Regardless, they have left the door wide open to change the price to whatever they need. They could make $200,000 trucks that not many would buy, and the trucks specs would justify, or just by adding a gold plated EM bobblehead, and nobody could do anything about it.

My understanding is that an "accepted offer" can only binding if the performance of both sides is agreed on in specific terms. That means a fixed price for a item with fixed specification (or at a minum a range of specification). Any ambiguity in the contract as to what is delivered and what was agreed to be paid, would leave the contract unenforceable by the court. In this case nothing was offered and no price was set. So what liability would Tesla have at all in a claim? A $100 deposit for vapourware?

I'm sure their legal department isn't that dumb. Tesla doesn't have to promise anything when they released the CT, and the way I understand it they didn't. Besides, the whole argument would only become relevant if they didn't make a CT at all (regardless of price) which is not the case, so what hypothetical trolling are you looking for to make a point?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Just to screw with us all, on Cybertruck final reveal night, they pull the cover off the second vehicle. It’s the perfect Tesla van half of us would love. Another choice…
Tesla Cybertruck Honoring Original Estimated Pricing 1678811378630

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I think you will have no problem finding someone to take your Cybertruck off your hands. Most likely at at hefty profit 2 u for your Cybervan down payment

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I love the Mini-Mav. It was just made 10 years too late. Only way I’d buy it now is if it were fully electric. Which is what Ford should have done. It would be hugely popular and a fantastic way to leverage that growing brand equity.
Ford will be producing EV maverick, Ranger, bespoke Lightning/Raptors, Broncos and likely several SUVs out of Blue Oval City in TN

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ford will be producing EV maverick, Ranger, bespoke Lightning/Raptors, Broncos and likely several SUVs out of Blue Oval City in TN
In… 2+ years when it’s built. It might be cool then.

Maybe they should have done that instead of the Mach-E. They’d have commanded a unique niche for 3+ years rather than playing second fiddle to Model Y.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah for sure, but they do have a lot of wiggle room before anyone can make any kind of case against them. Inflation is 15% just to start. Throw in added features, their own unintentional failure to hit battery yields, the price of competition and the demand of Teslas and they could inflate the price a lot without any reasonable case for action. Again with that said, I do think they want it to be priced as competitively as possible, and I do think they can and will undercut their competition. I just don't think it will be in 2023 when they're spitting out a few thousands. In 2024 I think we'll see them offer a dual motor without an outrageous increase in price.
Inflation of 2% per year had to be at least in their base line estimate.

Inflation hasn't been 15 points above that.

20192.3%1.75%Expansion (2.2%)
20201.4%0.25%Contraction (-3.4%)COVID-19
20217.0%0.25%Expansion (5.9%)COVID-19
20226.5%4.25%Contraction (-1.6%)
20232.7% (est.)2.8% (est.)Expansion (2.2%)March 2022 projection

It's been... -0.6, 5, and 4.5, respectively.

In the investor day presentation, it said that they want to sell 300million cybertruck, to achieve that it need to be really cheap.
That was the total addressable truck/van market, not how many they planned to sell.

But point made. 👍

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Inflation of 2% per year had to be at least in their base line estimate.

Inflation hasn't been 15 points above that.

20192.3%1.75%Expansion (2.2%)
20201.4%0.25%Contraction (-3.4%)COVID-19
20217.0%0.25%Expansion (5.9%)COVID-19
20226.5%4.25%Contraction (-1.6%)
20232.7% (est.)2.8% (est.)Expansion (2.2%)March 2022 projection

It's been... -0.6, 5, and 4.5, respectively.

That was the total addressable truck/van market, not how many they planned to sell.

But point made. 👍

-Crissa
You would include the expected as well in the current price, since... that's what inflation is.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You would include the expected as well in the current price, since... that's what inflation is.
So the expected inflation should already be in the price, yes.

It's past inflation to us now, but would have been expected inflation in 2019.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.