Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Someone has already made it to the north shore of Alaska in a Model Y. Not going to be hard to do in a Rivian, F-150 lightning, and especially not hard in a Cybertruck.
A Model Y recharges at a higher miles per hour on Level 2 charging and has a longer range than those vehicles.

So by definition, it's easier in a Model Y than a Lightning or Rivian.

-Crissa
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Easier than being in a air conditioned vehicle driving across land that used to take lots of logistics and possibly even additional supplies and personnel just to get one person up there?

I watched the guy's video, compared to people doing it 10 years ago on motorcycles it seemed easier, but maybe our definition of easier differ. 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 12457

Just saw a Toyota commercial with an ugly Tundra on it and thought about CT towing. EVs (actually all cars/small trucks) are generally designed to handle a specific amount of weight. That's the vehicle curb weight, not the GVWR or GCWR. Once you put anything into the vehicle, other than maybe the driver, the MPG goes down. I'm not sure how much extra weight over the curb weight is designed into the vehicle but I'd like to see a couple things. 1) MPG-GCWR so MPG including the maximum weight of the combined vehicle and trailer. 2) I am hoping Tesla engineers have a way of designing the the CT (and Semi) with the GCWR MPG in mind. I know not everyone will always be towing a load but if the Tesla designs the CT with towing in mind and with a respectable MPGe instead of the fake MPG of a truck without any load people would not only have a better idea of what they're getting but also push Tesla to design the CT so it can actually go 300+ miles with at least a half-load trailer behind it. I don't think any other company has the guts to do something like this but it would force all other vehicle manufacturers to provide some truth in marketing (we can only wish). Are there any battery or motor enhancements in design that can move a heavier load without using twice the amount of battery energy? Will gearing help? Semis don't need to go 150 mph and neither does a CT. Design the power-plant (batteries and motor/gearing) for a maximum speed of 90 mph (that's 5 mph faster than the crazy fast speed limit in parts of Texas (https://www.iihs.org/topics/speed/speed-limit-laws)) 3/4 fully loaded (GCWR) and see how much distance they can get.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Easier than being in a air conditioned vehicle driving across land that used to take lots of logistics and possibly even additional supplies and personnel just to get one person up there?

I watched the guy's video, compared to people doing it 10 years ago on motorcycles it seemed easier, but maybe our definition of easier differ. 🤷‍♂️
What extra supplies? The bigger vehicle takes extra supplies. The longer range vehicle takes less logistics.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can see a big push to discredit the CT by any means possible.

Its Ugly
Its unproven
It is cumbersome to access from the sides
And worse
etc

Tens of millions $$$ .. Brace ourselves for the FUD tsunami.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I can see a big push to discredit the CT by any means possible.

Its Ugly
Its unproven
It is cumbersome to access from the sides
And worse
etc

Tens of millions $$$ .. Brace ourselves for the FUD tsunami.
Drive has been promoting Aussie refund FUD again a few days ago. Not sure what their agenda is except Tesla doesn't advertise with them...or anyone.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Which F-150 ( ICE XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum, BEV Lightning Pro, Lightning XLT, Lightning Platinum, without extended battery, bed length)??

Which year 2002, 2017, 2019, 2022/2023?

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Drive has been promoting Aussie refund FUD again a few days ago. Not sure what their agenda is except Tesla doesn't advertise with them...or anyone.
Yea.. I came across that too. Simply some money shoved their way... my daughter is a marketing exec. I should ask her how that works.. if I can be farked lol

And just after I wrote that, I watched SMR and low and behold…

the points made:

- Cybertruck is Ugly
- Telsa doesn't offer choice.
- THE COMPETITION IS THERE .... LMFHO

And according to The Wall Street Journal, Elon is working is way through every woman on Earth IN alphabetical order !

Tesla Cybertruck Hopefully Cybertruck tow range is better than F-150 Lightning 1658738661966

Tesla Cybertruck Hopefully Cybertruck tow range is better than F-150 Lightning 1658738800873

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Slow news day. Time to make something up. If you throw enough mud something will stick.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The F150 won’t be able to do things the Cybertruck can do and the reverse is almost certain. They are different. They will have different things they are better/ worse at. Picking one or two things the F150 can do that the Cybertruck might not be great at missed the point.

It’s the whole package.

Since we have yet to see the finished Cybertruck it’s kind of moot at the moment.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Thats an older one from last year. But all the same rubbish. Tesla Australia still has the Cybertruck terms for Australia on their website which they don't have everywhere.

EM was already surprised about the MY demand in Oz a month ago. CT will be Teslas #1 seller here by far, so no doubt something will be coming our way.

Deleted member 12457

Thats an older one from last year. But all the same rubbish. Tesla Australia still has the Cybertruck terms for Australia on their website which they don't have everywhere.

EM was already surprised about the MY demand in Oz a month ago. CT will be Teslas #1 seller here by far, so no doubt something will be coming our way.
Check out a good Australian youtuber "The Electric Viking." He did a recent video about it. Tesla has stopped reservations maybe worldwide because they have too many to fill in the next few/several years and analysts and Tesla haters see that as being more than it is. I believe Ford stopped reservations as well on their F-150 Sparks. CTs reservations are at around 1.5M meaning a minimum of three full production (500K/yr) years to clear backlog.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm aware of the numbers and timeframes involved and is why my first order on the realease night was for a USA based CT. 🙂
Sponsored