DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Like Luke42 said, this idea had been around for a long time but... I've never seen such a clean execution. For me, there are a lot of I've-never-been around trucks but I want to do then with a CyberTruck. Maybe @Luke42 you'll become a BBQ at the park kind of person. I know I'd much rather use this then the state park BBQs which are garbage.

Head to the beach or park early in the morning, play some sports then have some bacon and eggs fresh off the grill, oh yeah!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Filed under interesting, but not for me.

Things that are mounted on the hitch:
  • Cause drag which impacts range.
  • Makes it more difficult to get into the vault.
  • Prevents me from using the hitch receiver for other things.
  • Interfere with the reversing camera and sensors
One of my goals with the truck is to minimize the amount of time I have to deal with hitch mounted stuff for my bikes. Not a lot of chance I'm going to replace it with something else which introduces the same issues!

Also, for way less than $550 you can buy a really nice grill with legs which will tuck into the under-vault storage and is completely invisible until you need it.

One other thing. While it's super convenient to move it while it's mounted on the hitch, the rotating arm is going to more than double the weight and make it much bulkier and harder to store when you aren't using it.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
When I was in welding school back in the early 80's we had some welders from the oilfields that had came in to learn some specialty welding techniques.
The had some amazing mobile welding rigs with built in grills and places to store coolers and other gear.
One guy had front and rear bumpers made of 6 inch pipe. The rear bumper was an air tank and the front one held a mix of water and anti-freeze.
They say that necessity is the mother of invention.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If users want to save time and effort with a hitch mount grill, how many users do you think will leave the propane tank in place when driving?

5920BAE3-8F26-4949-979A-D8788883C9CA.jpeg
Also how smoky / bad smelling / greasy will the interior of your car (and especially the tailgate in this photos case) be after grilling???

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
LOL Expecting Crissa hawking the latest Tesla S.S. CT appliance accessory
Tesla Cybertruck How about a grill on the hitch? E8E88225-E2C6-40B2-A879-FED86B8F72D5

Kinda disappointed with the hibachi idea. This S.S. one above at least folds down to fit in back of pickup big enough for a Texas Tailgater

charlotte.kellogg

First Name
charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sold my Tesla 3
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's intriguing that you mentioned a comparison to Tesla's design, suggesting that the hitch grill may incorporate some innovative elements. Tesla's approach to design has been synonymous with pushing boundaries and reimagining traditional concepts, which could potentially inspire the development of an innovative hitch grill.
In terms of functionality, a Tesla-inspired hitch grill might incorporate advanced technological features. For instance, it could have built-in sensors to monitor temperature and cooking progress, ensuring optimal cooking results. It could also integrate smart connectivity, allowing users to control and monitor the grill remotely through a mobile app. This would enable convenient temperature adjustments, cooking presets, and even recipe suggestions tailored to individual preferences. These features are especially convenient when cooking fish, veggies, homemade Alfredo sauce or other meals that need temperature adjustments.

Last edited: