How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
FWIW, I don’t have a “Preferred Conjecture”.

I assume the truck will be fairly close to what was advertised at launch and is currently on the site. It is literally in writing from the source. Presenting speculation about “changes” as fact is your bag. I just poke holes… and laugh because most of the time the “changes” turn out to be nonsense.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Anyway, what if the bed is actually still 6.5' long. The useful open air depth is 6' however. Maybe a little less.

This isn't anything from Matt, this is my own opinion. Just looking at my 6' bed Tacoma and comparing. But, Cybertruck isn't really.... easy to scale. That is why there is so much conjecture.(did I use the word right, Ogre?? Ogre is teaching me words....)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 1678405390506

‘World’s largest’ electric drive dump truck
By Andy Brown23 March 2022

XCMG has produced what it says is the world’s largest-tonnage alternating current (AC) electric drive dump truck.

The 440 tonne mining truck – which is said to have more than 60 invention patents – is customised for high-end mining markets such as South America, North America, and Australia.

The XDE440 has a load capacity of 400 tons, which is close to the height of a three-story building, setting a record for the highest load capacity of a rear-drive rigid mining truck in the world.

In order to meet the load requirements of 400 tons, XCMG says that it has independently developed the world’s largest output torque wheel reducer and the world’s strongest wet disc brake, which can effectively alleviate the problem of tight mining capacity.

The company says it has carried out more than 80 special designs and professional service plans according to the field conditions, and successfully completed the R&D and production tasks.

XCMG has a full range of mining equipment industries including 70-700 tonne mining excavators, 30-440 tonne dump trucks, 100-6000t/h crushing and screening machinery, and 350-550hp motor graders.

Alternative Answer:

As an AI language model, I don't have personal wants or desires. However, I can tell you that the size of the Cybertruck is determined by its design specifications and the preferences of its target market. The Cybertruck is intended to be a full-size pickup truck, so it is likely to be larger than some other vehicles on the market. The dimensions of the Cybertruck have been announced by Tesla and it measures 231.7 inches long, 79.8 inches wide, and 75 inches tall.

Another Answer:
How big do you WANT the Cybertruck to be? Interpret the "big" in that question to be popular. In pretend that the "you" in the question is an average American truck guy.

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or opinions, and I cannot represent the preferences of an "average American truck guy" as opinions and preferences vary greatly among individuals. However, in terms of popularity, the Cybertruck's size may appeal to those who prefer larger trucks for their utility and hauling capabilities. The Cybertruck's size is similar to other full-size pickup trucks, so it may meet the expectations and preferences of those who are used to driving or working with this class of vehicle. Ultimately, the popularity of the Cybertruck's size will depend on the market demand and individual preferences of potential buyers.

So I guess the answer should be: the bigger the better.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Don’t take my word for it, go try and use the Measure app on things at a sharp angle 10 feet away and come up with reasonably accurate numbers.

The bed dimensions are near worst case for accuracy on this app. TRY IT. Borrow and iPhone if you don’t own one.
It was difficult to get the phone 10 feet away from the subject of measure. But I'm happy with the result. 13" is easily the best measurement I've ever had. Didn't realize I had "grown" so much. Must be all those pills from the internet. But from my point of view I really hadn't noticed so much growth. Oh well, at least I have an official measurement.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
It was difficult to get the phone 10 feet away from the subject of measure. But I'm happy with the result. 13" is easily the best measurement I've ever had. Didn't realize I had "grown" so much. Must be all those pills from the internet. But from my point of view I really hadn't noticed so much growth. Oh well, at least I have an official measurement.
Straight to the tinder bio.

Instead of just over an iPhone Pro, it's "according to my iPhone I'm 11""

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Should I take offense? Once I posted, this is what it looked like here in sequence:

Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 1678406898991

Not saying a mirror wasn't involved... But really? Why you gotta do me like that? Like I have $850 to set up for an intimate picture...

Mid Century Funhouse Carnival Distortion Mirror
Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 1678407048453

That is waaaay too expensive for a mirror. I've got little kids. If anything, we would have this:

Carnival Fun House Mirror
$54.99
Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 1678406975324

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
iPhone measure app be like
1678407327287.jpeg
Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 1678407656029

Looks like chocolate. Take that out in the sunny back yard and it's going to melt away.

And dude is WAAAAAYYYYYY too serious. It's like he's never seen such a thing and doesn't know what to do with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This thread is a perfect example of the boredom everyone shares while we wait. Tensions boiling over out of mutual frustration over the wait. It is entertaining at times. :)

I don't care whatever the specs are anymore. I just want to know what they are so I can make my decisions! I'm sure there are quite a few sharing this sentiment.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Seems like that's exactly the headscratcher.

You seem to assume that people don't also already understand that "OTHERWISE we will [not] know for certain [until] release day" and that they are currently engaging in conjecture until and pending release day.

Though, it does seem like you're not so insistent on reminding people of the obvious when it's a purported feature that you find unobjectionable in nature?

I mean, maybe I've missed you incessintly insisting that it's massive conjecture that the CT will include 4WS, etc.?
I don’t insist on any features. I reserved based on 2 that I have mentioned many times. I believe that it is logical that the CT have 4WS but it was Elon Musk that said it would have 4WS. I never thought about steer by wire until others here started talking about it, but 4WS w/o steer by wire seems illogical. It wasn’t until I saw @ConnectingODots video on CT engineering that I saw the logic of removing hydraulics from the CT altogether. Do I require or insist on any of these? Nope. I just think it would be cool and seems to follow the technology bandwagon idea that Elon Musk keeps throwing around. But you are absolutely correct that I have bought into these possible features. But none of them contradict what Tesla unveiled in 2019; they only augment it. The bed size, on the other hand, if changed, directly contradicts it. Does it upset me in any other way? Not at all. I have plenty of cargo space in my Model Y, which has more cargo space than my Lexus RX before it. I do not need to seat 6 so a 5-seat CT would be fine by me, but I would prefer the comfort of the extra width. My interest in a driver display is that I just can’t get used to all of the information Tesla provides being on the display way over to my right; it distracts me from the task of driving. As a result it is a selfish thought that I would prefer some of these observations to be peculiar to the current prototype only, as real as they may be.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You measured your head?
Sponsored