Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Ok I admit I'm bored since I'm laid up in bed recovering from a knee scope.
When something pops into my mind it usually runs out of my mouth (thanks AHAD).
So my question is:
Will the Cybertruck run as fast in Reverse as it will in Drive?
In the movie "Hooper" Burt Reynolds plays a stuntman and drives a pickup truck 55 MPH in reverse.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So my question is:
In the movie "Hooper" Burt Reynolds plays a stuntman and drives a pickup truck 55 MPH in reverse.
Of course. And the great thing is when you are driving backwards at 55mph, your regenerative braking is working full time.

OP
OP
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Of course. And the great thing is when you are driving backwards at 55mph, your regenerative braking is working full time.
Well........that just opens up all sorts of possibilities. :unsure:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Plus with 4 wheel steering, it can maneuver just as nimbly as going forward. And with the full 360 degree camera system, FSD could drive just as skillfully in reverse as going forward. Just wait. This is going to end up being a movie plot point in the near future.

Babies in cars are required to ride facing the back for safety in accidents. Perhaps we all need to be facing the back while riding in cars for safety.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I thought Teslas are speed limited in reverse. I just looked it up and there was a discussion on TeslaMotorsClub and it was 15 mph back a few years ago. If they saw a reason to limit then they probsbly haven't changed it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I thought Teslas are speed limited in reverse. I just looked it up and there was a discussion on TeslaMotorsClub and it was 15 mph back a few years ago. If they saw a reason to limit then they probsbly haven't changed it.
That won’t stop Hollywood.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought Teslas are speed limited in reverse.
An ICE car has one reversing gear with a single gear ratio. They are not capable of driving more than 10-15 miles per hour in reverse either. The video is a stunt, likely they have 2 trucks, one with a reversed body.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
So my question is:
He wasn't playing. He was in fact a stunt man.

I'm taking this as a joke but there are people here gullible enough to believe it.

Picture yourself on the drivers side of a car moving in front of you from right to left. Which way are the wheels turning? Now move to the passenger side. Which way are the wheels turning on that side? Do we think that Tesla will build separate motors for the rear drivers as passenger sides for the TriMotor? There may be small differences for mounting or something but in essence the motors will be the same. This makes it pretty clear that the basic motor design can deliver as much torque at any speed irrespective of which direction it is turning and that, therefore, the motors are capable of moving the vehicle in reverse as fast as they can in forward. Common sense, though tells us that the speed in reverse will be limited by the controllers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm taking this as a joke but there are people here gullible enough to believe it.
I know your estimate of the average intelligence on this board is quite low. But I'm pretty sure there is only one guy here who believes in perpetual motion via a backwards running electric motor or any means, and he's not likely to make an appearance on this thread.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I know your estimate of the average intelligence on this board is quite low.
Actually I have trouble believing that anyone in the lower 2 quartiles would accumulate sufficient wealth to order a CT. So we are in a digital Lake Wobegone: everyone is above average. But I guess there could be some pretty slow trust fund babies out there. The ones I have trouble with in the forum are the Dunning-Kruger poster boys.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Actually I have trouble believing that anyone in the lower 2 quartiles would accumulate sufficient wealth to order a CT. So we are in a digital Lake Wobegone: everyone is above average. But I guess there could be some pretty slow trust fund babies out there. The ones I have trouble with in the forum are the Dunning-Kruger poster boys.
Um, no. You don't need to be of above average intelligence to be able to buy a new truck, Cybertruck or ICE. The average price people pay for a new ICE truck is over the cost of the Single Motor Cybertruck (and pretty close to the price of the Dual Motor).

It's baffling why you would think you need a higher than average IQ to buy a new truck. Heck, even a lowly insurance salesman might have a pickup as their daily driver. ?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
We are assuming an insurance salesman is a gamma? That's definitely bottom quartile thinking.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Actually I have trouble believing that anyone in the lower 2 quartiles would accumulate sufficient wealth to order a CT.
Is this meant as a joke?

There are plenty of idiots with money for various reasons. Lots of jobs require skills but no brains.

You don't have to accumulate wealth to get a nice car, you just need to be able to make enough money to make the payments.