How many CT3 reservation holders would change to a CT2 if only CT2 were produced for the first 18 months.

Would you change your reservation to the CT2 ($59,900, 320 miles, 4ws) if the CT3 wait time +18 mo.

• Total voters
OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You are trying to get them to understand some hypothetical situation that you have created with entirely no facts or information to support? Good luck in this pointless exercise.
You are just butt hurt because you know my logic is sound. @ $69,900 there is no 0000 zero incentive for Tesla to make a 500 mile range CT at this time. Either plan on paying a lot more, or settle for the CT2. Sorry guys. I would love to be wrong. I hope I am for fellow forum members.
However as a TSLA share holder I would be pissed if they sold the CT for $69,900 when they could sell 3 model Y standard range for $60,000 each.
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Ok I could add and opt out. IMHO walking away from a $100 reservation spot is pretty foolish. The look for alternatives is currently the opt out. Picky pollsters here.
maybe add “ flip it for an early demand profit and wait for the CT3”

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
maybe add “ flip it for an early demand profit and wait for the CT3”
I could. Flipping is going to be difficult to make pay after the first 10,000 units or so. There are only some many people willing to take the hit on transaction cost.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Woah, $60k for a two-motor? It was $50k last I checked.
$49900 didn't have 4ws. I added 20 miles of range because I think they can fit that much in a single layer. With a sprinkle of inflation premium.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I don't agree with some of your assumptions on the future, if things did play out as such, I would probably drop my CT3 for a 2 at 60k and trade in for a 500mi version once demand flattens in 3-4 years

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You are just butt hurt because you know my logic is sound. @ $69,900 there is no 0000 zero incentive for Tesla to make a 500 mile range CT at this time. Either plan on paying a lot more, or settle for the CT2. Sorry guys. I would love to be wrong. I hope I am for fellow forum members.
However as a TSLA share holder I would be pissed if they sold the CT for $69,900 when they could sell 3 model Y standard range for $60,000 each.
There's a ton of demand, about 1/3rd of the preorders. Raising the price is only going to shrink that pool.

And not only would it damage their brand, it would put them in legal hot water.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You can disagree all you want. The fact of the matter is the CT3 is too good at $69,900 plus some inflation. IT WILL NOT BE BUILT AT VOLUME AT THAT PRICE POINT IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS.
You do not know and saying so in all caps won’t change that. So who do you work for, GM? I don’t think that Ford would stoop so low and VW and Toyota aren’t in the game.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Then your poll is invalid, because not having opt out options means people will click one of the options.

-Crissa
The poll is invalid because the underlying assumptions are based on what the author wants and not on fact. Although it may be a ‘possible’ scenario not one idea in this post equates to anything Tesla has ever done or anything Elon has ever said. Just BS.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is just a simple poll lol. 80th percentile applies, and it spits out a feel.

In my case, I need 500 miles.. so my decision has nothing to do with delivery time or price... it has to suit a function.

Q. '500m isn't produced for at least another 5 yrs would you cancel ? - A , Yes

Price may go up, but whilst Musk said theres a cliff... I think orders fall away drastically closer to a much relatively higher than $70000. 75-80 isn't the cliff imo.

------

We have made price a determinant, and batteries a constraint.
Musk has skimmed both...
He said if Tesla can’t do it at an affordable price, nobody else can... which implies Tesla can do it.
Otherwise, he would have said 'Houston we have a problem', he didn't.

For batteries, he said they have enough to cater for current plans. I extrapolate that scarcity begins again at the 5 million+ production level.

IMO, there was a wow factor at the reveal... and there will be relief at the next reveal.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Commuting, I drive 70 miles daily. Ideally, I want a full tank/charge to last a week excluding running errands and weekends.

Since I charge at home, 300 pack give me three days travel before lugging in when taking into account not charging full and never going below 10% before plugging in.

Why 300 and not 500? Most of the truck’s features are wasted on me, I will not be towing, will not be glamping, farthest travel is driving to Vegas. 500 range would be nice for that but, the last time I drove was 7 years ago.

Since I am a Home Depot runner, may move a fridge or two in the future and mainly move dive equipment on weekends, moving a larger battery goes to waste for me.

However, I would still upgrade to a larger battery if the price point made sense. Between 50k and 70k does not make sense for me and me alone.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yep, if it wasn't for the RV, I would definitely be happy enough with the 300m Duel.
Sponsored