How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN?

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Yeah. Your mind begins to search for any possible reason to rationalize the late delivery issues.. I'm going to try and inquire with Tesla as to why I'm being ignored? The December orders deserve an explanation as to why we didn't get a VIN or delivery before the end of March as "estimated" at time of order.
Let us know what they say. I want my truck NOW!! (I feel like I'm my 2 year old🤣) but at the same time I'm ok with the wait as long as that means that they have all the bigger issues worked out by the time I take delivery. Don't want to get blue 🏉'ed by getting my truck just to send it strait to service for who knows how long lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
That's so strange! If you wanted to can you change it back? I think your app is possessed!
Yes. It got weird and then changed locations. It's about 4 hours to Franklin, Tennessee for me. However, that is where a Birmingham CyberTruck owner picked up last week. He ordered December 19. My app looks like this now.

Tesla Cybertruck How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN? Screenshot_20240402_182525_Tesla

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Let us know what they say. I want my truck NOW!! (I feel like I'm my 2 year old🤣) but at the same time I'm ok with the wait as long as that means that they have all the bigger issues worked out by the time I take delivery. Don't want to get blue 🏉'ed by getting my truck just to send it strait to service for who knows how long lol.
Honestly, I don't think there will be any response. But, I expressed my disappointment and frustration with the process. Tesla has put Bengal in a corner and I don't like being put in a corner.

Tesla Cybertruck How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN? Screenshot_20240403_091647_Tesla

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
Yes. It got weird and then changed locations. It's about 4 hours to Franklin, Tennessee for me. However, that is where a Birmingham CyberTruck owner picked up last week. He ordered December 19. My app looks like this now.

Screenshot_20240402_182525_Tesla.jpg
Interesting, I'm sure its a bigger "service center" than MS so probably a good change. I've been thinking about changing mine to a location in Dallas (6.5 hours away) or Austin (8+ hours) to see if that speeds up delivery. I guess I could book a flight if I can find a cheep enough ticket since I wont have a car on the way there and saves a lot of very boring driving time. I wonder if Tesla would pick me up from the airport?

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Rest assured that every week/month your delivery is delayed, your CT will be better. 🤠🤙🏻

mallenbrand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2020 Q7, pending Cybertruck
Country flag
Honestly, I don't think there will be any response. But, I expressed my disappointment and frustration with the process. Tesla has put Bengal in a corner and I don't like being put in a corner.
If Tesla wasn't a publicly traded company, I'm sure there would have been more communication. There are probably strict internal memos regarding timelines and production estimates.

Eagle4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
105 days today still no VIN... today's worse than yesterday. Sigh... i'm glad we have somebody doing flyovers with the drone. I've worked at a car manufacturer before and when cars are built some of them just do not function properly and they segregate them from the tough ones to fix and easy ones to fix and I've seen cars sit for months in the hard lot that had stickers on them waiting to go to dealers. I'm starting to worry that mine might be in the long-term lot lol or sob one of the two.
Funny thing, this morning, I wrecked my trade-in. So I really feel odd that Tesla gets us all worked up about financing and trade-ins then makes us wait months. Meanwhile trade-ins, lose money, financing expires. I understand building suspense, but this seems like M. Night Shyamalan, level suspense and plot twists. "hey, I know your reservation number is lower than mine but I got my truck first", hey I know you haven't gotten your truck yet, but we're gonna let people that don't even have reservations order. They just have some stock.", "oh, and by the way, we changed a whole bunch of stuff on the truck that you wanted like a tailgate ramp or seating for six and we can't even put the light bar on that we don't even have yet to give you or tell you how long it'll be until you can get your house wired for the emergency power back up because that company is overwhelmed". What! We're all thinking it I'm just saying it and of course I'm pretty pissy about damaging my trade-in that I wouldn't even have if the January to March timeline had been adhered to.
again... Sigh... Calm, blue ocean… Calm, blue ocean…

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Interesting, I'm sure its a bigger "service center" than MS so probably a good change. I've been thinking about changing mine to a location in Dallas (6.5 hours away) or Austin (8+ hours) to see if that speeds up delivery. I guess I could book a flight if I can find a cheep enough ticket since I wont have a car on the way there and saves a lot of very boring driving time. I wonder if Tesla would pick me up from the airport?
I don't know if you can change the delivery location unless you use an address in that state? Do you have relatives in Texas? That is what several of the YouTubers did. Used relatives addresses in Florida to get their CyberTrucks early. So far, Tesla has bounced me around every single state that borders Alabama except for Florida. Your idea about the Franklin, Tennessee center may be correct. Another user said it is a very large Tesla service center.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Rest assured that every week/month your delivery is delayed, your CT will be better. 🤠🤙🏻
Haha, yes, you are correct. I got a table full of accessories with more on the way. Everytime I check my Tesla app and discover I have no VIN, I comfort myself with a trip to the Tesla shop for more CyberTruck accessories.. :p

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
My CT screams 1st model year. I foresee me buying a new model year in the future though.
So you have received your CyberTruck? What was your order date, VIN date and delivery? What are you not happy with? Finish and fit or having software issues?

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Funny thing, this morning, I wrecked my trade-in. So I really feel odd that Tesla gets us all worked up about financing and trade-ins then makes us wait months. Meanwhile trade-ins, lose money, financing expires. I understand building suspense, but this seems like M. Night Shyamalan, level suspense and plot twists. "hey, I know your reservation number is lower than mine but I got my truck first", hey I know you haven't gotten your truck yet, but we're gonna let people that don't even have reservations order. They just have some stock.", "oh, and by the way, we changed a whole bunch of stuff on the truck that you wanted like a tailgate ramp or seating for six and we can't even put the light bar on that we don't even have yet to give you or tell you how long it'll be until you can get your house wired for the emergency power back up because that company is overwhelmed". What! We're all thinking it I'm just saying it and of course I'm pretty pissy about damaging my trade-in that I wouldn't even have if the January to March timeline had been adhered to.
again... Sigh... Calm, blue ocean… Calm, blue ocean…
You make excellent points. I am an ego-centric person myself. CyberTrucks for the December orders are for people who were emotonally invested in the concept over 5 years ago when the rumors started and then the reveal in 2019. While I am happy for those that are in front of me to get theirs long before mine, I do get resentful about Rich & Famous jumping the line. Deion Sanders son got one this week in Colorado. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sitting at the computer on reveal night paying for his reservation number. I also accept the reality of it, I'm at the mercy of Tesla and it will deliver when it delivers. "Calm, Blue Ocean..."

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
I don't know if you can change the delivery location unless you use an address in that state? Do you have relatives in Texas? That is what several of the YouTubers did. Used relatives addresses in Florida to get their CyberTrucks early. So far, Tesla has bounced me around every single state that borders Alabama except for Florida. Your idea about the Franklin, Tennessee center may be correct. Another user said it is a very large Tesla service center.
Ahhhh well that suck. I’m sure I do have at least one relative in TX I bet everyone does 🤣 but that seems too much to deal with at this point 😒. Oh well back to the drawing board!

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
Haha, yes, you are correct. I got a table full of accessories with more on the way. Everytime I check my Tesla app and discover I have no VIN, I comfort myself with a trip to the Tesla shop for more CyberTruck accessories.. :p
lol me too! I probably won’t even need the hub cap covers by the time I get mine!
Tesla Cybertruck How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN? IMG_0313
Tesla Cybertruck How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN? IMG_0314

Freemarket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Stay at home Daddy
Country flag
Just got my VIN this morning. 🙌🏼😁

ordered 12/19, New Mexico.