How much kwh will the electric outlet in the bed output?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That makes sense to me.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I've taken it ever farther by suggesting that the bed inverter could use some of the same hardware as the charger.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think that if Tesla has been planning V2G (Vehicle to Grid) options for the future, putting the hardware in place ahead of time makes since so they can enable it with software when they want.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
In another thread I go on at length (as I tend to do) to try to explain that if you go to an engineer and say "Design me a circuit that will charge a 400 V battery from biphase or 3ø mains at 120 or 240 V at 50 or 60 Hz" he is going to come up with something that looks like what the current design looks like except that he might use diodes where some of the transistors are. Someone is going to look at that and say "Hey if we use transistors instead of diodes we can get the regulating functions in there" and when they put the transistors in it isn't going to be very long before someone else comes along and says "Have you guys noticed that by changing the gating rectifiers become inverters and inverters become rectifiers?" Thus the current rectifiers are designed to be rectifiers not inverters. The fact that they are inverters too is happy coincidence (except that it isn't - rectifiers and converters have the same topology). So perhaps Tesla didn't plan for V2G. They didn't have to. The capability is already there (when the current stuff is augmented with the additional necessary hardware and firmware). Their current design certainly does not preclude it.
Sponsored

Last edited: