Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck 10x Bigger New Tesla Battery Plant Approved Tesla-Megapack

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/02/2...10x-bigger-than-worlds-biggest-battery-plant/

Tesla has been approved to reinvent the Moss Landing power plant in California as a battery power plant. Tesla will be bringing clean and renewable energy into the plant, which will be one of the largest — probably the largest — energy storage facility in the world. In fact, it will be approximately 10× bigger than Tesla’s Hornsdale energy storage project (1.2 GWh versus 129 MWh), which was 3× bigger than any other battery storage facility at the time it was built.

Monterey County Supervisor, John Phillips, points out that, “It’s huge for the area and as you know the power plant has been gradually shutting down and they [are] producing about one-tenth of the power they used to produce in the past and that hurts us from a tax standpoint.”

The joint project between Tesla and PG&E to build a facility to store wind and solar power was unanimously approved by the Monterey County Planning Commission. Tesla will install a Megapack to store wind and solar power. This stored energy will be available for use during periods of high energy demand and lower output.

“Certainly, combined, this is going to be the largest battery facility in the world, so it’s a big boost to our community and our country,” Phillips said. Both projects will utilize hundreds of lithium-ion batteries to store clean and renewable energy. They will also use the existing power lines to transmit the energy around Monterey County and parts of Silicon Valley.

Next month, Tesla and PG&E hope to break ground on their project with hopes that it will be completed by the end of this year. It’s good to see this type of teamwork — Tesla and a local utility company, teaming up to better serve the community. As a leader in battery technology for the energy industry, Tesla has proven to help those using its services to save money.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Wasn’t there a Batman movie with Danny Davito as the penguin? One of the corrupt businessman villains wanted to create an energy storage dump when billed to the city as a power plant.

Just saying…

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I like seeing this information because its good for Tesla; however, I can’t seem to find what does this mean fiscally for Tesla as a business?
As a share holder I’d like to know the implications this has on their business. Anybody have any idea about this?

Jelloiron

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This cant do anything but help their position by tying themselves into the grid like they are. Hopefully, they'll also take some kind of control over the power lines themselves to make sure that they are safe from causing fires. That is the biggest liability I see for them linking up with PG&E.

I like seeing this information because its good for Tesla; however, I can’t seem to find what does this mean fiscally for Tesla as a business?
As a share holder I’d like to know the implications this has on their business. Anybody have any idea about this?
Sponsored