pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I tried to watch that video, but a 33-minute commercial with Doug Demuro spouting out a GM script was beyond my ability to cope with!
I can't stand his ridiculous and over-the-top hand moments. And I'm Italian!
Sponsored

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
This time next year, hopefully, we should all be sitting around watching YouTube head-to-head comparison videos and reviews.

I doubt if the Hummer is in production for more than a year after that for several reasons. I also doubt it'll fare well when compared to the F150, Rivian, or CT. They can joke all they want but the Hummer will give people 'buyers remorse' so bad, they'll have PTSD.

Just a sample of the lack of thought that they have, why even use that as the on-screen symbol for "lights". . .C'mon.
I don't know about them not being in production for more than a year after CT comes out, based on our experience with GMCs (I'm not a GMC fan boy I drive only Jeeps but my wife is on her second Yukon Denali) they have their sh!t together, her Yukons have been fairly well refined and have had zero problems. If they bring the same quality to hummer, I think it will do OK and maybe they will get their costs down. Me, I'm eagerly awaiting CyberTruck!

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
I like Doug, but he's definitely "in on it" with this prototype review. Also, the front windshield, trim, and lights on the Hummer are held on with gaffers tape at the 4:28 second mark. I get it, it's a prototype, but I guarantee you a more than half of what you see in this is going to get scrapped.

They'll probably give it a Silverado interior and keep the floor mats/speaker moon pattern.

HummerBS.jpg

Some of the features are interesting and a concept car kind of way… But
seriously, the “T-roof “ went out in the 70s, I had one on a Monte Carlo and it was totally impractical, will never get another one!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Also, what does GM and Hummer have to do with the Moon or moon landing?
The same thing GM has to do with leading the EV race: nothing.

I think the Cybertruck was used as an icon because even GM can see how iconic the Cybertruck is. This is just their way of admitting it.

It could also be used as a graphic instruction how a Hummer owner can ensure that a Cybertruck doesn't beat them in a drag race. You are supposed to park on the Cybertruck's frunk to avoid getting beat.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
"You'll never guess what this button does. It'll pop up an email for 2 seconds... *Echo* for 2 seconds... feedback button... An email... 2 secs... *jazz hands*"

After that I don't remember much, just some clown dancing. I had saving private Ryan shell shock for the next 6 minutes, on rewatch I got clubbed a few more times with dumb features like a physical all down windows button, the massive HUMMER light bar is not a headlight, a volume dial shifter, and a redundant are you sure you want to change modes confirmation. Probably the first time in my life I actually couldn't even.

Why even have a touch screen? Imagine having an "are you sure?" for which direction you want to shift into. The animations will get old when you're waiting for it to load every time. And I don't think I've ever appreciated Tesla's minimal interior more. And their explanation for the moon theme is the dumbest reason I've ever heard. Their Spaceballs equivalent design is to represent a hail mary pass, you know the gamble you don't actually expect to complete. Would you rather buy a "truck" whose slogan is I'm a gamble, built ford tough, or has years of exp.

The word Hummer is put on this "truck" in 31 places. Let that sink in. God bless for anyone that wants this thing... an email button... I can't.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The word Hummer is put on this "truck" in 31 places. Let that sink in. God bless for anyone that wants this thing... an email button... I can't.
From what I understand Tesla is putting the word Cybertruck on the Cybertruck 31 fewer times than that.

I’m sure it’s on the console a couple times if that counts.

Very much looking forward to faster CPU on the Cybertruck. Model Y is good but I’ve heard the AMD CPU they have on the newer cars is smoking fast.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So GM spend all their time “pissing” and mock Tesla, then spending millions on commercials for hummer they aren’t producing AND spend money on 32 Hummer badges instead of putting all their efforts in any sort of productive R&D…..Bravo! This will make shorting GM that much more profitable!

GM is clearly a full blown pump and dump scheme right now. Marry is putting all the ”IP” they got from Nikola to very good use.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
General Motors.......soon to be Government (bailout) Motors.
Sponsored