I am holding firm on my CT reservation for the UK. Who else ?

Oobbeeddoo

First Name
Bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MGTF 160
Occupation
Environmental professional
Country flag

Oobbeeddoo

First Name
Bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MGTF 160
Occupation
Environmental professional
Country flag
Waiting for a smaller version. But Landrover may get their EV act together by then. Cough

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Keeping my two reservations in the 30000 region for Norwegian delivery, which *could* happen after all as the government loves EVs and we are not a part of the EU (although we align pretty closely and are a member of the EEC), if Tesla sees the difference and Tesla Norway makes an effort.

I’m pretty sure a 6 month old Cybertruck-like vehicle could get all kinds of exemptions as “used import”. So it’s pretty silly if the Cybertruck is illegal to sell new here. We have the space, offroad usage, snow and huge tax incentives for EVs. AWD Teslas are absolutely everywhere.

If not I cross my fingers for a Wolverine down the road sometime.

EDIT: Should we get the same version as the US I’m of course not expecting to be among the first 30000-40000 deliveries in total as I’m sure many more will be sold in the US first.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Keeping my two reservations in the 30000 region for Norwegian delivery, which *could* happen after all as the government loves EVs and we are not a part of the EU (although we align pretty closely and are a member of the EEC), if Tesla sees the difference and Tesla Norway makes an effort.

I’m pretty sure a 6 month old Cybertruck-like vehicle could get all kinds of exemptions as “used import”. So it’s pretty silly if the Cybertruck is illegal to sell new here. We have the space, offroad usage, snow and huge tax incentives for EVs. AWD Teslas are absolutely everywhere.

If not I cross my fingers for a Wolverine down the road sometime.

EDIT: Should we get the same version as the US I’m of course not expecting to be among the first 30000-40000 deliveries in total as I’m sure many more will be sold in the US first.
The big question will be: Are you going to plow snow with yours?

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
The big question will be: Are you going to plow snow with yours?
I’m hoping to be able to drop snow mowing altogether and just torque through it ? the front is already basically a stainless steel plow ?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I’m hoping to be able to drop snow mowing altogether and just torque through it ? the front is already basically a stainless steel plow ?
Cool!

I am curious about the snow "mowing" though. Is that what you call pushing the snow out of the way? Or did you get autocorrected? I could imagine you getting enough snow to actually need a snow blower instead of a plow.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hey to all the snow plow people out there. Is anyone wanting to run a snow blower instead of a plow? What kind of hookups would be needed for that? Are there electric snow blowers that can be used on the front of a pickup?

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Cool!

I am curious about the snow "mowing" though. Is that what you call pushing the snow out of the way? Or did you get autocorrected? I could imagine you getting enough snow to actually need a snow blower instead of a plow.
Isn’t what you call a “snow blower” also called a “snow mower”? Maybe not. Anyway, yes, I know very few people who don’t have a snow blower here.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Isn’t what you call a “snow blower” also called a “snow mower”? Maybe not. Anyway, yes, I know very few people who don’t have a snow blower here.
It might very well be. I'm originally from a farm community and mower just means to cut something. My thoughts immediately go to grass/hay. The blower part of it is where the results get thrown out of the way. I don't really think about snow in a way that it would be mowed. But I guess if I think of it like a piece of cake or pie being cut then one could mow through snow.

Interesting. Had not ever heard of it being called a snow mower. The first thought that had come to my head was someone sitting above a covered propeller cutting grass. It made me laugh thinking of someone trying to do that to snow.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It might very well be. I'm originally from a farm community and mower just means to cut something. My thoughts immediately go to grass/hay. The blower part of it is where the results get thrown out of the way. I don't really think about snow in a way that it would be mowed. But I guess if I think of it like a piece of cake or pie being cut then one could mow through snow.

Interesting. Had not ever heard of it being called a snow mower. The first thought that had come to my head was someone sitting above a covered propeller cutting grass. It made me laugh thinking of someone trying to do that to snow.
You are probably right. I sorta speak “Norwenglish” which takes a lot of shortcuts and conflates the wrong things language-wise ?

Anyway, I could really need a Cybertruck now.
Tesla Cybertruck I am holding firm on my CT reservation for the UK.  Who else ? B2C86E19-14F7-4F1C-91F2-DA2322EBF6AB
Tesla Cybertruck I am holding firm on my CT reservation for the UK.  Who else ? 3CA9EB96-88CF-4496-947B-328B4034214F

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
JLR are around 5 years behind ...... Everyone!
Range Rover is still planning for Mild Hybrids in 2 years time - https://www.carscoops.com/2020/12/next-gen-2022-range-rover-caught-winter-testing/
Reckon it'll be 2024 when we see the Wolverine or whatever its called by then over here - I can wait
Just hope we can keep our place in line as in the reservation deposit we have paid for the CT if our only option is the Wolverine model because the original CT can’t be sold here.

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
Just hope we can keep our place in line as in the reservation deposit we have paid for the CT if our only option is the Wolverine model because the original CT can’t be sold here.
Personally, I always wanted a smaller version as I'm trying to be practical about its usability on European roads.
When you get comments from people in the US saying it will even be too big for their garage, you have to think about how many bays this will take up at the local ASDA - its bad enough at the moment with my Evoque where I often have trouble when parking locally.

Fun Facts: -
The current UK norm for parking spaces is 2.4 metres wide by 4.8 metres long.
The current US norm for parking spaces is 2.74 metres wide by 5.48 metres long.
The 'original' Cybertruck dimensions were 2.02 metres wide by 5.88 metres long.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Personally, I always wanted a smaller version as I'm trying to be practical about its usability on European roads.
When you get comments from people in the US saying it will even be too big for their garage, you have to think about how many bays this will take up at the local ASDA - its bad enough at the moment with my Evoque where I often have trouble when parking locally.

Fun Facts: -
The current UK norm for parking spaces is 2.4 metres wide by 4.8 metres long.
The current US norm for parking spaces is 2.74 metres wide by 5.48 metres long.
The 'original' Cybertruck dimensions were 2.02 metres wide by 5.88 metres long.
:rolleyes:
I don’t think our transport managers or whatever glorified title they give themselves these days have a clue, this also goes to architects that are are still building new houses where you can’t fit a normal family car in the garage unless you like to climb out of the boot because you can’t open the door, perfectly acceptable if you drive the original mini or Morris Minor. All parking bays in the U.K. are far to small, however once we get the CT I certainly won’t be worried again by the morons that seem to get pleasure from running trollies down the side of your pride and joy or from hitting and driving off without a care in the world.
Better to make all the bays the same size as the Disabled bays.
Sponsored