Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
Man, Ford got you guys all worked up and stuff. I mean 11 pages of post about how Tesla is SO much better an all that. LOL, ain’t nobody got a CT and ain’t nobody gotta a Ford Lightning, why don’t you all chill out and wait to see what shakes out of this EV truck market. I’d like to see a couple more EV trucks built in America, Make America Great Again please.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Roast me.
So Ford Dealers (edit) are putting the squeeze on people on the reservation list, they are now asking for more $$$ to see if you REALLY want one in the way of a $5,000 ADM (Additional Dealer MARK UP)
The same crap they are pulling with the Mach-E.
????????????????????????????????

:ROFLMAO: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So Ford is putting the squeeze on people on the reservation list, they are now asking for more $$$ to see if you REALLY want one in the way of a $5,000 ADM (Additional Dealer MARK UP)
The same crap they are pulling with the Mach-E.
????????????????????????????????

:ROFLMAO: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Dude probably left forum months ago.

Ford Isn’t squeezing customers, their dealers are which is sad. I kind of wonder if dealerships are figuring out this is their last hurrah and trying to cash in.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Yup

For the next 3 years, 98%-99% of the vehicles sold by the dealers of legacy OEMs will be ICE.
Most of the EVs sold by legacy OEMs wil be sold by a small percentage of the legacy OEMs dealer networks. Most dealers of legacy OEMs will not be prepared to service any EV.

Yes, for 10 years, Ford might have been doing software updates but those were being done at the dealers. Ford customers can only do software updates for minor things like nav map and entertainment app. Customer could not do OTA updates for core functions of the vehicle.

The difference is like Nokia/Motorola/Blackberry feature phone vs Apple/Samsung smartphone.

----------------------------

There are electric cars and then there is a TESLA - BIG difference
Computers with wheels (Tesla) vs vehicle with electric drive-train (Ford, other competitors)
Aug 4, 2021
BestInTESLA
That sure was a repetitive video.

Over the air updates are fine and dandy, but lack of that feature will not keep people from buying other EVs by the hundreds of thousands. Tesla will be unable to satisfy the worldwide demand for EVs on its own, no matter how big they get or how great their tech is.

And so what if you buy an EV and have to take it to a dealer for a software update… that’s what people do now anyway with ICE vehicles, so they are conditioned to do that.

People buy EVs for the EV part. I can imagine that dealerships will demand from the manufacturers that EVs *must* be brought in to update the software. That helps keep them relevant. You may have to pay for an update if your vehicle is past the warranty period. Lots of ways to spin this.

DC_CT

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mil
Country flag
Roast me.
In 2 days, I have had more contact with Ford than my entire reservation timeline with Tesla [Reserved at launch]. I have a representative, dealership, and production timeline. +1 for Ford customer service.

I am still a fanboy, picked the more practical option for my family. Can't wait to do a weekend truck swap with one of you!
What questions did you have that were so important to cancel your CT order? I can only assume that All your questions would’ve been answered when your CT nears production. Sounds like you jumped the gun just to “get something”. Buyers remorse will soon follow.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Dude probably left forum months ago.

Ford Isn’t squeezing customers, their dealers are which is sad. I kind of wonder if dealerships are figuring out this is their last hurrah and trying to cash in.
You must be imagining things. i didn't get this notice. Just an e-mail saying that my order will be delayed. Compared to Tesla, I got my reservation on launch date in 2019. Then nothing, nada. crickets.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
You must be imagining things. i didn't get this notice. Just an e-mail saying that my order will be delayed. Compared to Tesla, I got my reservation on launch date in 2019. Then nothing, nada. crickets.
It depends on the dealer.

I just received an email from my dealer, basically saying to make sure your email address is updated (kinda ironic) and to keep an eye out for an email from Ford next month.

I am seeing several posts on the lightning forums from people saying their dealer sent them a similar email to expect a $5k markup, and one was basically letting the reservation holders bid to jump ahead in line.

Seems sleazy, but certainly not all dealers were doing it. No different than a few months ago when some Ford dealers were adding $5k to the sticker of F150s because they knew they could get it since the supply is so low.

My dealer was okay to work with, but the entire car dealer system is antiquated and will hopefully change as places like Tesla, CarMax, etc shift the industry away from the dealer haggling and other shady dealer practices.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
That sure was a repetitive video.

Over the air updates are fine and dandy, but lack of that feature will not keep people from buying other EVs by the hundreds of thousands. Tesla will be unable to satisfy the worldwide demand for EVs on its own, no matter how big they get or how great their tech is.

And so what if you buy an EV and have to take it to a dealer for a software update… that’s what people do now anyway with ICE vehicles, so they are conditioned to do that.

People buy EVs for the EV part. I can imagine that dealerships will demand from the manufacturers that EVs *must* be brought in to update the software. That helps keep them relevant. You may have to pay for an update if your vehicle is past the warranty period. Lots of ways to spin this.
I think Stealerships will be going the way of BlockBuster in the future. Good riddance.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
At only 400,000th in line, you shouldn't have to wait too long. Expecting some cancellations, and assuming that Tesla reaches peak production sometime in mid-late 2022, I'd say that you would only have 1-2 years after you might get a lightning. That's also assuming you get a lightning right away when they start deliveries of the lightning by mid 2022.

We have to remember that they are literally constructing the biggest factory. I believe that production will be very quick. Elon estimated 250,000-300,000 a year at peak production
What are you smoking? There won't be a 100K CT on the road before 2024. Tesla will probable get zero CT sold in 2021 unless they decide to push out a few dozen to say they did.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
If you missed it Tesla briefly said CT production was pushed back to 2022. That however was quickly dropped. Now 2023 at the earliest for low volume production.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you missed it Tesla briefly said CT production was pushed back to 2022. That however was quickly dropped. Now 2023 at the earliest for low volume production.
Still production start in 2022. “Volume Production” is 2023… we’ll likely see 10k or less in 2022 around 100k in 2023 as they ramp production up, and 300k or so in 2024.

any other place I’ve seen them use the phrase Volume Production they were speaking about nearing full capacity.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla will probable get zero CT sold in 2021 unless they decide to push out a few dozen to say they did.
Um... You posted this on 1/2/2022 so the future tense unknown could have just been made a past tense factual statement. But hey, some of us live in the past so maybe for those folks.