Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I had two preorders and was going to cancel one but now I think I should keep it to restore balance to the line.
Canadian orders don’t count ;)

on a more serious note, I wonder how much more cancellations CT has than Rivian because of the difference in deposit amount.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I understand the OP's decision. The Lightening seems like a good move by Ford and is an important step for EV's in the US.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If you and I were neighbors and we went to Home Depot to shop for a bbq and we looked at two side by side and one was stainless steel, came with a cover, had more room to grill, armor viewing glass and better tech features and it cost less than the one next to it which was painted steel, smaller cooking surface, normal glass but if you bought the most expensive version you could pay even more for an attachment to heat your house in the case of an emergency. I think the choice would be obvious. I think when the trucks come out the choice will be obvious too
I really, truly believe once CT gets out on city streets and people SEE it, ride in it, etc... it will become even more popular.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I really, truly believe once CT gets out on city streets and people SEE it, ride in it, etc... it will become even more popular.
One thorough youtube video about the Cybertrucks features, utility, and performance could double the demand for it if it gets enough views.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
well, at 49999 for the CT2, it really is a good choice....I think the range issue with ford and charging issue is worth a little more consideration.....I'll stick with either the CT2 or CT3 based on final range disclouer
Agreed. I have both on preorder and will likely be a game time decision. To me, the range difference is big, but is it worth 20k? Maybe they'll throw something else in to entice.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Man, you guys are brutal. Payback will be a B. when he comes back telling us about his lightening in the driveway and we are sucking our thumbs two years down the road still waiting for an update.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." - Mr. Spock, Amok Time, ST:TOS, Season 2, Ep. 1

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." - Mr. Spock, Amok Time, ST:TOS, Season 2, Ep. 1
Spock was smoking something. Wanting is not that pleasing either. Just want to get over with it so I can worry about what really matters. I hate shopping.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thanks for dropping out.

I appreciate it. Now if some of the other 428,816 impatient SOBs in front of me would do the kindness you have shown I will be happy.

Regardless, I will be patient for what I want; not going to settle for what I can get right now. That is how you go from wife #1 to wife #2. Already made that mistake. It always costs twice as much doing it that way.

Hasta lavista, baby! (since Arnold seems to now be promoting the Lightening it seems appropriate).

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Thanks for dropping out.

I appreciate it. Now if some of the other 428,816 impatient SOBs in front of me would do the kindness you have shown I will be happy.

Regardless, I will be patient for what I want; not going to settle for what I can get right now. That is how you go from wife #1 to wife #2. Already made that mistake. It always costs twice as much doing it that way.

Hasta lavista, baby! (since Arnold seems to now be promoting the Lightening it seems appropriate).
I’m in line around 400,000th for the cybertruck, so I’ve preordered a lightning. SorryJeff I’m keeping my cybertruck order, and expect to be able to drive the lightning for 3 years before getting the cyber truck, perhaps longer, there is really no way of knowing. Oh, I also have a reservation in for the Rivian, but I expect that is probably 2 years away since I ordered late.

don

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m in line around 400,000th for the cybertruck, so I’ve preordered a lightning. SorryJeff I’m keeping my cybertruck order, and expect to be able to drive the lightning for 3 years before getting the cyber truck, perhaps longer, there is really no way of knowing. Oh, I also have a reservation in for the Rivian, but I expect that is probably 2 years away since I ordered late.

don
At only 400,000th in line, you shouldn't have to wait too long. Expecting some cancellations, and assuming that Tesla reaches peak production sometime in mid-late 2022, I'd say that you would only have 1-2 years after you might get a lightning. That's also assuming you get a lightning right away when they start deliveries of the lightning by mid 2022.

We have to remember that they are literally constructing the biggest factory. I believe that production will be very quick. Elon estimated 250,000-300,000 a year at peak production

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elon estimated 250,000-300,000 a year at peak production
I do believe 250-300K peak is reasonable. The question is when we will get there. I think hitting 4680 high production rates is a necessary prerequisite for that. Also we have not seen CT casts lined up in Texas like we saw for Y yet so I would not start the clock on ramp up for CT yet. But I do remain hopeful. IF they do everything else like they are doing the construction in Giga Texas, and setup for Y, we should be in good shape.
Sponsored