I have a ton of early Cybertruck reservations and want to partner up for a business

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Emphasis mine:
Here's what you're missing:

The seller (Tesla) is not the buyer (Tesla customer). So equating what the customer does with what Tesla does to justify it doesn't work in the system of capitalism you seem to love so much. You cannot buy a Cybertruck without signing a purchase/sale agreement with Tesla. That is a legally binding contract that the entrepreneur (Tesla) requires of every buyer. If you don't want to sign it, Tesla doesn't have to sell you one. When you buy one, you agree it is for your personal use. Now they are probably not going to stop you from flipping it once you buy it, and they couldn't stop you unless they could prove you bought it with the intention of flipping it. But they sure as hell have the right to refuse to sell you anymore. And that's exactly what they will do once they discover what you are doing.

Welcome to America, capitalism and entrepreneurship!
Personal use... Um... I need to feed my family and one way to do that is to trade the Cybertruck I have for fiat currency so that it can further be exchanged for food. If I'm using my Cybertruck to feed my family, is that not personal use?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
No.

And also, the right to resell a product is well established in case law. But as others have said, the vendor can refuse to sell you more.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a plan to get around the resell stops and a couple dozen reservations with which to do so. Even if its just for the delta between $7000FSD and current it’ll turn into a free truck and a little cash.
Sounds awesome, would love to know more

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I guess we will all have to wait and see what mechanisms Tesla puts into place about reselling, if any. I hope that, whatever those rules are, Tesla enforces them fairly/uniformly rather than applying them on a case-by-case basis. Credibility is at issue and Tesla has had many issues with credibility.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Was the majority of your training how to put out electrical fires and to clean the leaked fluids off the trail?
I was told once that the British don't make refrigerators. "Why?" I asked.
"Because they can't figure out how to make them leak" 😬

Deleted member 3316

Emphasis mine:

Personal use... Um... I need to feed my family and one way to do that is to trade the Cybertruck I have for fiat currency so that it can further be exchanged for food. If I'm using my Cybertruck to feed my family, is that not personal use?
I’d call that leeching off another’s ingenuity.

Deleted member 3316

And neither I nor earthman is trying to spread the disgusting capitalist idea of reselling Cybertrucks for profit in violation of the purchase agreement.
Any thoughts on the efficacy of this as a market strategy to keep initial purchase price low, yet inhibit parasitic profiteering?

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How much would this throw a spanner in those works?
Thanks for this, thanks a lot for this actually. Again, it’s going to come down to risk level that reservation holders are comfortable with. There’s a lot of uncertainty with how this will play out. Simple answer, early reservation holders that want to flip their vehicles are in a very powerful position. Common sense will prevail. Flipping these vehicles, any of them under 500,000 in line, will generate a very healthy profit.

Corey Steuben from MonroeLive, expects to pay 2x the price for his extremely early (under 5000) reservation. He’s an expert in secondary markets. He estimates 2x right out the gate.

I figure for a reservation hovering around 100,000, it’ll be about a 20% markup plus the FSD price Delta. Which currently is $8000 if your a $7000 fixed FSD holder.

Deleted member 3316

Thanks for this, thanks a lot for this actually. Again, it’s going to come down to risk level that reservation holders are comfortable with. There’s a lot of uncertainty with how this will play out. Simple answer, early reservation holders that want to flip their vehicles are in a very powerful position. Common sense will prevail. Flipping these vehicles, any of them under 500,000 in line, will generate a very healthy profit.

Corey Steuben from MonroeLive, expects to pay 2x the price for his extremely early (under 5000) reservation. He’s an expert in secondary markets. He estimates 2x right out the gate.

I figure for a reservation hovering around 100,000, it’ll be about a 20% markup plus the FSD price Delta. Which currently is $8000 if your a $7000 fixed FSD holder.
If you’re now not planning to sell your reservations, at what point would a resale restriction (like a two year lease to own covenant) inhibit your purchase?

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you’re now not planning to sell your reservations, at what point would a resale restriction (like a two year lease to own covenant) inhibit your purchase?
Two year lease is ridiculous. Waste of time even thinking about that, way outside of reality.

Other factors, I will weigh when the time comes. I’ll look at all the moves Tesla has made, which, in my above I explain, is not gonna be pointed. In fact, I don’t think they’re gonna make any measures other than potentially limiting people from going a second and third round.
Sponsored