I hope the truck will include grab handles at the roof. All my BMW's have them but my Model X does not and I miss them.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I've never understood the grab handles. They can be convenient for hanging things but there is often a separate hook for that. So what else do you do with your roof handles short of holding the roof on during a tornado?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, as a driver, your upper body is held in place with your hands on the wheel. But passengers can use them to alleviate excess bouncing and swaying. They can also help with getting in and out of the cabin.

I just find them comfortable to hold if I'm not driving.

-Crissa

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Heck, I used to grab the passenger side handle when making a hard right turn, just for stability.
Funny, this topic reminded me of that, but I can’t remember what car that was! Maybe the Mini Cooper S?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I hope the truck will include grab handles at the roof. All my BMW's have them but my Model X does not and I miss them.
I agree. You probably want just one -- at the front passenger door, given how easy in-and-out is for the X. As for the CT, I haven't ridden in every pickup model but in the many I have, all had grab handles.

Lots of hits if you google "grab handle." You can bring a printout to a mechanic, who might advise you on which would work best, and then install it. There was also a clip on how to install them. Let us know if you find one that works well for your X.
Sponsored