Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
On Wednesday of last week, I got the email with a VIN number, and they scheduled my delivery for Friday the 29th. I did not see the email until about 1 PM. I then realized I missed several phone calls from Tesla. I put them off until Saturday, partly because I didn't think I could get all the arrangements done (financing, insurance, etc.) but mostly because I wasn't sure I would complete the purchase! Over the following two days, everything fell into place; my wife and I decided "YOLO," and we picked up the Cyberbeast on Saturday (3/30).

I will point out that I have never owned or even driven an EV before. We tried to soak up as much information as possible at the delivery, but I think many Tesla buyers must be repeat Tesla owners, and the delivery experience is streamlined to suit that audience. When I drove away from the parking lot, the rear end felt like the lug bolts were loose and shifted as I turned sharply. After the initial shock, I surmised it was the rear wheel steering, so I made some full lock turns in an empty section of the parking lot to get used to the feel.

We were surprised at how many people in North Austin ignored the Cybertruck. At stoplights, we considered yelling, "Hey buddy, a spaceship is parked next to you!" That changed over the weekend as we made our way through some of the Texas Hill Country. It was a big hit at Luckenbach, Texas. South Austin, where we live, is still very enamored with it.

The first time I "punched it" was funny. On 620, we found ourselves at the front at a red light. An elderly couple in a Tesla Model 3 pulled up next to us, and we exchanged smiles and waves. When the light turned green, I accelerated normally, and my wife let out, "Punch it!" So I did. She was still leaning forward to smile at the couple next to us; she was quickly slammed back into her seat, she let out a roller coaster-like scream as her stylish cowboy hat flew to the back of the cabin, and we were gone in a flash!

I looked like an idiot trying to figure out the Supercharger the first time. I thought it would be more complicated, but it was really that simple.

I did the Launch Mode - holy sh*t! I'm sure I heard the tires wrinkle like a dragster on that one. The onscreen graphics are too cool during that event.

Altogether, it was an amazing weekend, with 270 miles driven and a thrill every minute. What an incredible machine—way more than I was expecting! If you get the chance to buy one, DO IT!

Tesla Cybertruck I now own a Cyberbeast! 420

Tesla Cybertruck I now own a Cyberbeast! CT CB delivery

Tesla Cybertruck I now own a Cyberbeast! Willow City Loo
Sponsored

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
Congrats OP!!

So cool to hear you're new to EVs and this is your first Tesla!!

Awesome!!

CGIIRL

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founder Cyberbeast , 3 Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
On Wednesday of last week, I got the email with a VIN number, and they scheduled my delivery for Friday the 29th. I did not see the email until about 1 PM. I then realized I missed several phone calls from Tesla. I put them off until Saturday, partly because I didn't think I could get all the arrangements done (financing, insurance, etc.) but mostly because I wasn't sure I would complete the purchase! Over the following two days, everything fell into place; my wife and I decided "YOLO," and we picked up the Cyberbeast on Saturday (3/30).

I will point out that I have never owned or even driven an EV before. We tried to soak up as much information as possible at the delivery, but I think many Tesla buyers must be repeat Tesla owners, and the delivery experience is streamlined to suit that audience. When I drove away from the parking lot, the rear end felt like the lug bolts were loose and shifted as I turned sharply. After the initial shock, I surmised it was the rear wheel steering, so I made some full lock turns in an empty section of the parking lot to get used to the feel.

We were surprised at how many people in North Austin ignored the Cybertruck. At stoplights, we considered yelling, "Hey buddy, a spaceship is parked next to you!" That changed over the weekend as we made our way through some of the Texas Hill Country. It was a big hit at Luckenbach, Texas. South Austin, where we live, is still very enamored with it.

The first time I "punched it" was funny. On 620, we found ourselves at the front at a red light. An elderly couple in a Tesla Model 3 pulled up next to us, and we exchanged smiles and waves. When the light turned green, I accelerated normally, and my wife let out, "Punch it!" So I did. She was still leaning forward to smile at the couple next to us; she was quickly slammed back into her seat, she let out a roller coaster-like scream as her stylish cowboy hat flew to the back of the cabin, and we were gone in a flash!

I looked like an idiot trying to figure out the Supercharger the first time. I thought it would be more complicated, but it was really that simple.

I did the Launch Mode - holy sh*t! I'm sure I heard the tires wrinkle like a dragster on that one. The onscreen graphics are too cool during that event.

Altogether, it was an amazing weekend, with 270 miles driven and a thrill every minute. What an incredible machine—way more than I was expecting! If you get the chance to buy one, DO IT!

420.jpg

CT CB delivery.jpg

Willow City Loop.jpg
Congrats! Awesome. I’m VERY close to getting my VIN and will need to scramble with my bank when it finally happens. I also am waiting on a Cyberbeast. I had to make sure my next car was faster than my current one and .5 seconds quicker does the trick. 😝

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
They are an incredibly fun sports car to drive around, no doubt about it, push the accelerator once and you will understand.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag

420.jpg

CT CB delivery.jpg

Willow City Loop.jpg
Congrats! Can i ask your RN/config date?

Waiting on my Beast vin.

OP
OP
Technigogo

Technigogo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Congrats! It was great to meet you on Saturday. I’m loving the Cyberbeast too!

1711997066527-um.jpg
Hey Buddy! I bet you guys had a blast! I hope to see you at a Tesla meetup group or something in the future.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

420.jpg

CT CB delivery.jpg

Willow City Loop.jpg
what vin range is youyr beast ? i.e. 55xx, 54xx, etc