Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hello… Desperate and dateless people

Going through my secret photo collection for the umpteenth time, I came across this beauty :
Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650451803268

Zooming in :
A. Some sort of receiver ?
B. Viola, Sail Pillar ? It protrudes all the way up
Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650452166969
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well nice finding but i got to burst your bubble.

That receiver is just a roof rail mounting point and the protrusion is what we call in the industry as panel gap and poor fit and finish.
I figured the mounting point, but I'll still hold off the fit and finish.. The jury is out !!!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Great photo. This might be the best view of the tonneau rail and rear window.

The sail storage was a nice feature. There is a lot of space being wasted there. It would have been great for a fishing pole/rifle/level. Anything long and fragile. Even if it is only accessible from inside the bed it would be better than nothing.

This area is clearly not finished. I really wanted the window to at least roll down. This sure looks like it is a pop out and stow.

I was always wondering how the last bit of the tonneau was pressed against the overhang(ORI). It looks like there are actually 2 tracks here. Maybe the last 6" has different rollers and takes the upper track.

Last comment, I am surprised there is not a secure connection to complete the box beam where it transitioned from SS to the flat part.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650460540421

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
As prototypes go, you’re onto something. Albeit, structural Exoskeleton relies on the continuity and integrity of that top chord. Shown is what looks like a relief in the top skin, arguably hand hold.

I believe that to be correct and intentional in prototype, sussing out function over form. Production it breaks the flow, adds work and complicates both structural and attractive nuisance for damage on that now movable top chord.
Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 297E0FBF-D0FC-412A-A901-81152EFCF94E

Running a SxS up the back of a Cybertruck and lashing the tires to the top rail cum ramps is the devil. Many a SxS will mod wheel stance width to match the Cybertruck ~67” just to race out to the desert in one vehicle sans trailer, adding long arm kit.
Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 5E84FB50-A8F4-4E28-9B3E-13386757843B

Yes, Tesla can make a Cyberquad - it will produce a CyberSxS. They can sell for the price of a Cybertruck depending.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Great pic! Can you give some context of this photo? Doesn't look like any of the 'Tube videos we've seen. Have more pics? Bed maybe?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This area is clearly not finished. I really wanted the window to at least roll down. This sure looks like it is a pop out and stow.
This weird/ ugly gap between the seal and the inner panel makes me think the window has just been removed not even pop out and stow.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650478186971

That said. We’re not seeing a finished product. They might have been trying out different rear window designs before the event.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hello… Desperate and dateless people

Going through my secret photo collection for the umpteenth time, I came across this beauty :
1650451803268.png

Zooming in :
A. Some sort of receiver ?
B. Viola, Sail Pillar ? It protrudes all the way up
1650452166969.png

View attachment 12450
“B” Looks like a great way to introduce water into the body cavity.

Its weird how these trucks seem to have some bits which appear nearly ready and others which are clearly not.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This weird/ ugly gap between the seal and the inner panel makes me think the window has just been removed not even pop out and stow.

1650478186971.png

That said. We’re not seeing a finished product. They might have been trying out different rear window designs before the event.
Yeah I am sure they are still messing around with it. With such a small piece of glass a locking hinge at the top would work too. If it opened just past 90 degrees it would mostly be protected by the ORI and you could have it open when the tonneau is closed.

A simple horizontal slider would also work. I hope they don't do the remove and stow option.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah I am sure they are still messing around with it. With such a small piece of glass a locking hinge at the top would work too. If it opened just past 90 degrees it would mostly be protected by the ORI and you could have it open when the tonneau is closed.

A simple horizontal slider would also work. I hope they don't do the remove and stow option.
Pop out and stow only makes sense if there is a midgate.

Otherwise the opening is too small and they might as well do a slider or some other small opening so you can talk to your buddies in bed or stick a 16 foot 2x4 thru.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
looks like that protoype doesnt have the sail storage

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I would be more surprised if the sails are gone than if there isn't actually a mid gate. Though I hope for both and do believe they're there. It really appears as though the window is even down/ gone.

Theory if the window pops out, as opposed to rolling down: it stores under the back seat bench. Thought I’m curious if that’s wide enough to accommodate that wide piece of glass. This makes more sense than it rolling down due to tonneau cover path.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Pop out and stow only makes sense if there is a midgate.

Otherwise the opening is too small and they might as well do a slider or some other small opening so you can talk to your buddies in bed or stick a 16 foot 2x4 thru.
The slider could easily be powered. A hinged mechanism would be much more difficult to power but would give you a larger opening.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
The slider could easily be powered. A hinged mechanism would be much more difficult to power but would give you a larger opening.
If there isn't a midgate, I'd prefer a powered slider. So I don't have to crawl back there to open it. Main reason for opening it is to let Heated/cooled air into the vault. Even without the midgate I think I could sleep back there. Although it'll be right at the threshold of being to small. We'll see.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
What if the mid gate was part of or a section of the tenuto cover. That would allow it to be open when closed and if sectioned open when closed as well. Just spitballing but maybe an additional track that lays next to the track when retracted into the bed or up and in place when when closed no matter the position of the cover.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar CT Cover under Bed_LI
Sponsored