First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )
OK, so you take delivery of your CT, put it up for sale immediately for a $5,000 premium, if it sells, great, you're 5,000 ahead. If not, you just 'splain to the wife nobody be buyin', you have to keep it. Win-win.
Advertisement

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wouldn't even think much of it, as long as you only did the one: Not everyone who has cash at delivery, or terms, would have been able to put down the $100 on reveal night.

We got our house from a guy who had cash to get it from foreclosure, but we financed with an FHA first-time-buyer loan, which the foreclosure auction wouldn't have accepted.

So sometimes, middlemen are needed.

-Crissa

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
Man you gotta ditch that woman she sounds like she would be wrong about a bunch of other stuff too.

OP
OP
Sputter

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, so you take delivery of your CT, put it up for sale immediately for a $5,000 premium, if it sells, great, you're 5,000 ahead. If not, you just 'splain to the wife nobody be buyin', you have to keep it. Win-win.
Yeah, Crissa, great idea. I'll take delivery (actually, will ride my GS1200 to the factory), enjoy the thing for a while then try to sell it for a small profit.

FrostyCT

Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 MustangGT-700rwhp, '21 Model 3 LR, CyberTruck.
Occupation
Self employed - refrigeration service
Country flag
“I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021”
I was at my inbox when the offer came in for both the CT and Starlink. I didn't even read the ULA, I just mashed the accept buttons, LOL. Hope I am in line early like I was for Starlink, cust #51.

At one time I was buying a LOT of surplus military vehicles.......I had more Deuce and a halfs than some of the military units I served in. My wife said "if you buy one more military vehicle I'm outta here".
I sure miss her biscuits.
lol

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Wait, you're selling your wife?