Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
So I just saw this quote from another thread here.

The hillbillies that surround me wouldn’t understand why it doesn’t diesel whistle and coal roll. They’d really be pissed when they discovered no exhaust pipe to attach a coffee can muffler. Where do they put the gun rack would be the next question. At least they could still hang truck nuts......
So I was wondering what normal ICE truck accessories/features people are expecting/wanting to add to their CT.

I am originally from Nebraska and I know that a gun rack and/or an under-dash gun safe for a pistol would be nearly expected. I'll be waiting to see the first set of truck nuts. I'll laugh if I see the first truck nuts on the side of the trail while off-roading because the CT ahead of me had the nuts ripped off while doing some extreme manuever.

Looking at the various renderings in the other thread I'm seeing a lot of extra incandescent lighting kits. I take that to just be a matter of taste not keeping up with the changes the CT brings. I doubt many people will add incandescent lighting kits. Possibly a ton of extra LED lights though.

And I'm sure I'll be seeing hula girls on the dash of some CT's.

It would be hilarious to see a CT jumping an ICE truck out on the trail somewhere so maybe jumper cables though I'm guessing regular jumper cables would not work. But with an AC plug in the back there should be a way to jump and ICE vehicle.

So far that is:
  • Gun rack - Not sure where this would go though
  • Gun safe - under dash
  • Truck nuts - side of the road
  • Hula girl - And other dash decorations
  • LED lighting kits - Now I live in Seattle and I'll expect to see some kid with an under body color lighting kit
  • Jumper cables - of some sort
Anyone have any other ideas about day-to-day accessories (or even unexpected ones). Or are there some new fangled accessories that you can imagine wanting that no one has yet?
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So I just saw this quote from another thread here.

So I was wondering what normal ICE truck accessories/features people are expecting/wanting to add to their CT.

I am originally from Nebraska and I know that a gun rack and/or an under-dash gun safe for a pistol would be nearly expected. I'll be waiting to see the first set of truck nuts. I'll laugh if I see the first truck nuts on the side of the trail while off-roading because the CT ahead of me had the nuts ripped off while doing some extreme manuever.

Looking at the various renderings in the other thread I'm seeing a lot of extra incandescent lighting kits. I take that to just be a matter of taste not keeping up with the changes the CT brings. I doubt many people will add incandescent lighting kits. Possibly a ton of extra LED lights though.

And I'm sure I'll be seeing hula girls on the dash of some CT's.

It would be hilarious to see a CT jumping an ICE truck out on the trail somewhere so maybe jumper cables though I'm guessing regular jumper cables would not work. But with an AC plug in the back there should be a way to jump and ICE vehicle.

So far that is:
  • Gun rack - Not sure where this would go though
  • Gun safe - under dash
  • Truck nuts - side of the road
  • Hula girl - And other dash decorations
  • LED lighting kits - Now I live in Seattle and I'll expect to see some kid with an under body color lighting kit
  • Jumper cables - of some sort
Anyone have any other ideas about day-to-day accessories (or even unexpected ones). Or are there some new fangled accessories that you can imagine wanting that no one has yet?

Greetings fellow/former Husker! For me being in the 500,000 CT Club I was going to wait to see what the beast actually looks like and has before making configuration plans. Since you piqued my interest I will jump in.

You brought up some things I need too consider. The gun rack has always been an anti-thing for me. Why advertise your stuff to get stolen? The model Cybertruck has a storage compartment in the vault perfect for firearms (so it seems). Then there is the vault itself. Name says it all.

Gun safe under the dash. Nice.

I had not even considered under body LED lights. Now that you mention it that sounds cool. I would like off road trail illumination lights,

Jumper cables - I would just carry a portable battery jumper for stranded ICErs. There will likely be a V2V jumper or the 110V system can be used for that with other EVs.

I have no clue what a truck nut is, unless it is like a gun nut.

Bumper hooks, snow plow connections, towing connections and a winch are about the only ICE truck things I can think of that would be of big interest to me or my family. Now that I have converted one nephew to Model 3 ownership the CT is almost a guarantee in his future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Under body illumination is great for stepping out into rough terrain in the dark, to be perfectly honest. No suprise rocks or lost pocket-items or puddles.

-Crissa
That is a good use for under-body illumination. I'm guessing they won't last long for those who want to go off-roading though. Perhaps a better solution, in that case, would be lighting under the doors that light up when the doors are opened. That way, while driving the lights are protected but when you are getting in and out the lights would be useful. Make them color-changing (especially if they change to the rhythm of the beat) and you have a portable party. Did someone bring a disco ball? Dancing 'round the fire pit will never be the same.

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Greetings fellow/former Husker! For me being in the 500,00 CT Club I was going to wait to see what the beast actually looks like and has before making configuration plans. Since you piqued my interest I will jump in.
Cool to see another Husker!

I've been reading up on CT and dreaming of what all I want to do with it. Ideally, with Starlink I'd be able to pretty much roam the country in my CT and still be able to work periodically through that remote connection. I'd love to take my kids out for treks across the continent exploring places few people get to see and letting them experience things like Washington DC museums, meeting people from all walks of life, various festivals around the country, etc.

But with all that dreaming I'm also starting to think of other interesting possibilities. For instance, I used to paraglide. But with the new battery technology, I could move to an electric powered paraglider or perhaps even an electric ultralight. This could be transported in the vault and I could go fly all over the country. Even in extremely remote areas. I personally hate gas-powered small engines so have resisted motorized ultralights till now.

Overall, there are a ton of possibilities that I see potentially openning up for me because issues related to ICE maintenance/usability are being retired.

Deleted member 3884

I’m glad other Tesla owners are 2nd amendment friendly. Gun safe under dash is a good idea. Other firearms could be hid in vault or other areas so people will not see them and break in.

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Giant flag poles for oversized flags.
I can imagine a group of CT's being led by a CT with a large flag pole and group-specific flag attached. Imagine a tour group of CT's running around through traffic if they all had group flags... Easier to find in traffic.

Not so good for the mileage I'm sure but would be interesting to see.

For that matter, what about those really tall bendy radio antennas? May be useful for long-range remote communication on CB. As a kid, we had CB radios in the cars. I haven't really seen them much lately. Is there some replacement technology?

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
  • Air horn
Speaking of truck stuff from when I was a kid, it was a thing back then to get truckers to blow their air-horns. An air-horn might actually be nice on a CT. Could also be used as an extra-loud beacon for emergency situations too.

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
I’m glad other Tesla owners are 2nd amendment friendly. Gun safe under dash is a good idea. Other firearms could be hid in vault or other areas so people will not see them and break in.
One of the things I really like about the CT is the impregnable (to an extent) cab. Keeping firearms out of sight is important. But also, I'd like to be able to haul something with the tonneau cover open and still not have a fire-arm container being seen/investigated. I'll probably have to wait till I get my CT but ideally, I'd be able to find a way to store long guns in the cab somewhere. Otherwise maybe in the frunk.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
For that matter, what about those really tall bendy radio antennas? May be useful for long-range remote communication on CB. As a kid, we had CB radios in the cars. I haven't really seen them much lately. Is there some replacement technology?
There is a replacement technology. It’s called the “cell phone.” You may have heard of it. :)

People still use CB radios, though not like the Convoy days. Lots of GMRS and FRS radios. It would be a cool thing to watch a phalanx of CTs roiling down the road.

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
There is a replacement technology. It’s called the “cell phone.” You may have heard of it. :)

People still use CB radios, though not like the Convoy days. Lots of GMRS and FRS radios. It would be a cool thing to watch a phalanx of CTs roiling down the road.
Ahhh... So for remote over-landing I'll have to look into GMRS and FRS. Even when I drive back to Nebraska on the interstate there are pockets where cell phones cannot connect. And the original homestead in NE still doesn't have reliable cell coverage.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

I am at 88 Tactical, the “guntry club”, and talking to one of the management about their upcoming expansion of the facility. He is showing me concept drawings and in each of the ones showing a parking lot there is a Cybertruck in the foreground. I’m like, HEY! :)

Last edited: