If a full size AND mid size Cybertruck were available, what size would you order?

Full size or mid size Cybertruck?

• Total voters

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Full size or a mid size Cybertruck? The styling would be identical but the “Wolverine” mid sized truck would be more compact and easily fit inside the average US garage. Cast your vote on the upper left of the page!

Tesla Cybertruck If a full size AND mid size Cybertruck were available, what size would you order? CE715241-BF03-4120-8A58-FAC626A144F0
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wouldn't this be a better poll?

If there were a Mid-size option for the Cybertruck, would you take it?
⛔ Yes, my region makes it hard to get large trucks
✅ Yes, smaller is better
⛔ Yes, I need both!
⛔ No, I need a bigger truck and wouldn't take the option
⛔ No, I already ordered the larger truck
⛔ No, I want a bigger truck and don't think it'll be an option

I would even prefer a compact truck. So if there was a smaller otion, I'd take it. Smaller trucks fit more places in the mountains.

-Crissa

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
For my first one I’d get full size as that is the most versatile version including things like carrying full sheets of plywood. Besides I am a bit on the larger side so the bigger size truck gives me more room to be comfortable inside.

Now, if I had the resources I might just buy a second one that is Wolverine size. That would then become my fun size truck for shorter trips on my own when I don’t need to carry larger items.

But all that would depend on the actual size and feature differences. I wouldn’t mind having a second full size one. Then I could bring some more of the family along in a second CT when we do family outings. Currently we have 7 in the house and there may be more coming. So the second vehicle is already needed to get us all transported.

Would be nice for FSD to have a caravan mode. Where we can line up the two or more CTs and have them follow right behind each other to a destination.

We should start a thread to collect various FSD or other driving modes that we would like to see.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
If Tesla decided to build a midsize / wolverine truck along with CT and think this would give a choice to the America's, plus both can be made in Texas gigafactory. Export wolverine to Europe and South Pacific, if demand is there then start wolverine production in Germany or China.

I want only a full size truck but I do appreciate the options, I believe there is a demand in the US for a midsize trucks from Tesla.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Full size or a mid size Cybertruck? The styling would be identical but the “Wolverine” mid sized truck would be 30% smaller and easily fit inside the average US garage. Cast your vote on the upper left of the page.

CE715241-BF03-4120-8A58-FAC626A144F0.jpeg
Some one has a big misperception about size. . . . .
I think someone should tell your wife not to rely on your word in future ;)

Mid size pickups are nowhere near 30% smaller than the full size Cybertruck !

They are about 8% - 10% shorter in length and about 0% - 5% narrower in width.
But can actually not be narrower, but wider !

Not even the little Mini is 30% smaller than the original Cybertruck.

The Wolverine Cybertruck is expected to be about 208 - 210 inch x about 75 inch

Original Cybertruck = 231.7 x 79.8 ( 5.897 mm x 2031 mm )

30% smaller = 162.2 x 55.86 inch. ( 4,128 mm x 1,422 mm )

The Mini ( 4299 mm x 1822 mm )

For Comparison the Hummer Ev is 216 x 86.7 ( 5497 mm x 2207 mm )

Midsize Ford Ranger Raptor is actually wider than the full size CT - 212.5 x 88 5408 mm x 2240 mm

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I just edited the thread to make it a poll. Now everyone can vote and see the responses.
You need to add the choice of both. I'm thinking along the same lines as FutureBoy. I want the Full sized Cybertruck for a family vehicle. For family vacations with all our toys and to haul things when I have a need, kind of a combination between a van and a truck. After I get that out of the way, I would like a smaller fun Wolverine. I imagine it with the off-road versatility of a Jeep, with the possibility of lowering the air suspension and having a great handling fun driving vehicle for the road. Also I would hope the Wolverine would be lighter and more energy efficient for daily driving and the Full size would be plugged into the V2G/V2H as battery storage most of the time. Don't forget, the Wolverine would probably cost less than a M3. What a life!

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
232x80x75 Cybertruck
226x75x72 Tacoma (87% the size)
211x78x72 Ranger (85%)

Also, remember when you shrink a vehicle, the cargo space shrinks faster than the total vehicle. So even if it's in totaly ~15% smaller, it's quite reasonable to expect your total cargo volume to go down by double that.

Still, a few inches does matter when squeezing into spaces.

-Crissa

Tesla Cybertruck If a full size AND mid size Cybertruck were available, what size would you order? Tacoma

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
231.7 x 79.8 x 71 Cybertruck

( 71 inch height is what the CT goes down to, if your that pedantic that you want to work on total volume. )

226x75x72 Tacoma

The Tacoma is 7% smaller than the Cybertruck, not 13% !

It's been said its not about the size, but clearly for some women they go to great lengths to stretch the truth ;)

And the cargo floor space difference is 6% !
( 78 x 57 vs 73.7 x 56.7 )

Last edited:

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Tacoma/Ranger is too small for me. I like space and want a functioning truck bed, I don't use it very often but when I do its a god send

I own a Toyota Tundra for my truck needs. IMO Tundra is the most dependable truck ever made

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The all new Tundra should be hitting the streets in fall of 2021. A 450hp twin turbo V6 and a hybrid are supposedly coming. The V8 is going the way of the Dodo bird.

robgreene

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Full size or a mid size Cybertruck? The styling would be identical but the “Wolverine” mid sized truck would be more compact and easily fit inside the average US garage. Cast your vote on the upper left of the page!

CE715241-BF03-4120-8A58-FAC626A144F0.jpeg
There's no right or wrong answer here, only your personal preference. In an urban setting, a mid size would work better for me...
Sponsored